• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What should I do? Help Me Please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onions

Smash Rookie
A few months ago I mained Pit because I really liked him and I thought i could go far. Then, I read on how people really didn't think he was a viable character. I didn't really care but then i decided to talk to Ally, basically he told me that Pit sucked and wasn't gonna go anywhere i got discouraged and decided to play Peach because she was "viable" and i kinda liked her. The thing about it is I really think I am playing Peach for the wrong reasons and I think i should go back to pit because I really like him and I think I should find a way to make him viable. What do you guys think? Im really confused, :urg: Ill really take any advice.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
What he's saying is that this thread will get closed.

If I were you, go back to Pit, if you feel like that. Before you do that, try and figure out anything you like about Peach. IMO she has the most unique playing style/ mobility of the whole cast.

Onions

Smash Rookie
What he's saying is that this thread will get closed.

If I were you, go back to Pit, if you feel like that. Before you do that, try and figure out anything you like about Peach. IMO she has the most unique playing style/ mobility of the whole cast.
Thx peachguard. And im new lol i didnt know :O

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
I'm not saying that the thread will get closed, I'm saying that nobody cares. There is no such thing as using a character for the wrong reasons. Besides, Ally isn't the end-all be-all of judging what characters suck and what characters don't. If anything you should be asking a top Pit main instead of the top Snake main. It's honestly just common sense and it's not even a huge dilemma like you're making it out to be. People use the characters for all sorts of reasons but what possible wrong reason could there be in a competitive game?

duh.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I'm not saying that the thread will get closed, I'm saying that nobody cares. There is no such thing as using a character for the wrong reasons. Besides, Ally isn't the end-all be-all of judging what characters suck and what characters don't. If anything you should be asking a top Pit main instead of the top Snake main. It's honestly just common sense and it's not even a huge dilemma like you're making it out to be. People use the characters for all sorts of reasons but what possible wrong reason could there be in a competitive game?

duh.
Yeah, best thing to do is look at the cast and see which one you visually like the best. Then out of those try to see which one you like that preforms the best.

Well, look at my date joined lol. I'm still new myself. Only reason people kind of know me is because I never shut up.

Onions

Smash Rookie
Ya my bad Raz i really just take this game too srsly sorry man but thx for the advice though :D no matter how mean it is :/

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Ya my bad Raz i really just take this game too srsly sorry man but thx for the advice though :D no matter how mean it is :/
Lol Raz is just a ****** like that. He tells it how it is.

What I said was a good thing...

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Nobody cares about the reason. Do whatever the hell you want, just don't make stupid threads like this.
Also:
**** Ally he plays as the second best character in the game and then ****s all over himself like a lil' baby, cries because he doesn't put in as much effort as his contendors, and accuses others with bull****.

terrible attitude, terrible player.

Then, I read on how people really didn't think he was a viable character. I didn't really care but then i decided to talk to Ally, basically he told me that Pit sucked and wasn't gonna go anywhere i got discouraged and decided to play Peach because she was "viable" and i kinda liked her.
I believe I can prove Peach is viable: but noone has at a national yet, therefore she is not.

Play as whoever makes you happy, Peach is going to be a tough road though.

Onions

Smash Rookie
Also:
**** Ally he plays as the second best character in the game and then ****s all over himself like a lil' baby, cries because he doesn't put in as much effort as his contendors, and accuses others with bull****.

terrible attitude, terrible player.

I believe I can prove Peach is viable: but noone has at a national yet, therefore she is not.

Play as whoever makes you happy, Peach is going to be a tough road though.
Lol Ill i like you man Great attitude! haha

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
yeah... was going to say that too lol

i felt as though diediediediediedie was enough.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Lol Onions u still havent gave me that match on AiB...anyways pit is totally viable i was just about to give up on him a month ago but i decided to stick with him and thing about pit is no one not even the best pits utilize him to his fullest potential which i find kinda sad so ive been on a quest finding out every AT and tactic i can find and he has more than most characters which is what i think makes him unique

P.S. Kyon is so fking sick...hes made me hate peach forever

Onions

Smash Rookie
Lol Onions u still havent gave me that match on AiB...anyways pit is totally viable i was just about to give up on him a month ago but i decided to stick with him and thing about pit is no one not even the best pits utilize him to his fullest potential which i find kinda sad so ive been on a quest finding out every AT and tactic i can find and he has more than most characters which is what i think makes him unique

P.S. Kyon is so fking sick...hes made me hate peach forever
Lawls I owe you a match on AiB??? haha ill play you this weekend :O

Xyless

Smash Master
Only reason I even picked Peach in the first place was, back in 2008, she was getting so much hate, so I couldn't resist using her with my friends.

Now that I'm learning the god that is Olimar, I am having so much fun getting wins with far less "effort" that I would have to use with Peach lolz

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Only reason I even picked Peach in the first place was, back in 2008, she was getting so much hate, so I couldn't resist using her with my friends.

Now that I'm learning the god that is Olimar, I am having so much fun getting wins with far less "effort" that I would have to use with Peach lolz
Yeah, despite the fact that it takes a lot to win with her, people respect you more. She is difficult to use and to win with. When you do, everyone stares in awe.

Unless you beat someone like Captain Falcon or Sonic then it was definitely no amazing feat.

That's only because the match-up is in our favor.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Yeah, despite the fact that it takes a lot to win with her, people respect you more.
Lolwut. Peach players are among the most frequent to be scrutinized in some form or another (unless you're a girl >.>). I've been told "get mad moar Peach main" in arguments sometimes, I've been thought to be gay (only by Nicole and Loli though for some odd reason) even though everyone else says they absolutely get no gay vibe from me whatsoever, I've been thought to be slightly feminine (LOL), etc. Not to mention our board is referenced more than any 4chan meme every time drama happens somewhere on the boards which is a little embarrassing.

Yeah they respect you as a player if you place, make your character look sexy, and so on; but you'll still have those people out there who will harbor that mindset that you're a free win before you even play. Although, those people are the ones who are the most satisfying to beat.

K I'm done rambling. xD

Nicole

Smash Champion
^ you've always hit on me way too much for me to have ever thought you were gay.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
^ you've always hit on me way too much for me to have ever thought you were gay.
*Gasp* Nicole!

*Bow*

How is your brawling going?

We never talk, btw. :(

EDIT: Lol I should have read your post, KB. But yeah that's what I'm getting at anyway. If you place high, it's like "Woah, Peach main."

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Good point, lol. (at least I'm subtle with it)

You did at MLG C-bus though, unless Loli was trolling me which is highly likely now that I think about it.

Nicole

Smash Champion
SUBTLE? i dunno about that. at columbus, i think your greeting was 'hey, you're hot' or something to that effect :love:

i'd blame loli, haha.

@peachguard: my brawling is bad. but i did learn the toon link MU recently, so i guess that's helpful. theres a big tournament coming up in STL...hopefully i'll choke less by then.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
SUBTLE? i dunno about that. at columbus, i think your greeting was 'hey, you're hot' or something to that effect :love:

i'd blame loli, haha.

@peachguard: my brawling is bad. but i did learn the toon link MU recently, so i guess that's helpful. theres a big tournament coming up in STL...hopefully i'll choke less by then.
Oh Gawd.. The way my friend plays Toon Link... /wrists

And his Kirby. Only because of him, I feel that Kirby and TL are my WORST match-ups. I literally rather play against Meta-Knights than his TL and Kirby..

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion

Yeah they respect you as a player if you place, make your character look sexy, and so on; but you'll still have those people out there who will harbor that mindset that you're a free win before you even play. Although, those people are the ones who are the most satisfying to beat.

K I'm done rambling. xD
This is what I'm trying to do, but only have gotten as far as placing 17th at two recent tournaments so far. It's possible that people still see me as a free win xD

Nicole da bess! :bee:

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216

i'd blame loli, haha.
Hehe...it was actually "hey, you're pretty tall!" or something like that and the hot compliments came a little later, but yes I do find you quite sexy. DON'T BITE MY HEAD OFF, WOMAN. <3

Dammit Loli... lol

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Really, I think it's a bad mindset carried over from Melee and some of the players' awful mindsets. For some reason, Peach players rarely got respect for playing her when, really, the only reason dsmash was so devastating was because of their own bad habits. Hold down so Peach gets an instant 50%+ more please! ^.^

It also didn't help that most of the openly gay smashers played her, so it gave a stigma toward just everyone from that point on.

Really, it got to the point where I just don't care much anymore, and would rather just make people eat their words. ESPECIALLY those that think Peach is an 'easy win.' Now THAT is a lot of fun. XD

Nicole

Smash Champion
Hehe...it was actually "hey, you're pretty tall!"
heh, i think you might be right. but you already knew i was gonna be tall :/

I literally rather play against Meta-Knights than his TL and Kirby..
I would rather play against mk than alot of characters, haha. I'd rather play ANY character besides wario though...**** that guy. I used to not like kirby, but i beat ybm's at apex fairly handily, so i must have learned how to do good things against kirby at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom