• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Pokemon took you the longest to catch?

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Yesterday, my cousin told me to complete his pokedex (shinnoh) so he could get his national. The only Pokemons he needed to see were the lak trio. I caught him mesprit pretty fast (master ball) and got azelf in about 15-20 ultra balls.

Then I went to catch Uxie. I usually don't weaken the pokemon when I'm catching him/her and most of the times it works (caught kyogre with my first ultra ball :p) but I decided I would weaken Uxie. I got it to the tip of the bar and then tried catching it. I threw all 33 of his ultra balls and then a whole bunch of timer balls. It eventually used struggle and killed itself.

I tried again and the same thing happened.

On the third try, I almost caught it 4 times. It moved three times and then exploded on the last thing (when it says "Shoot! Almost caught" or something). It took all of my ultra's and almost all of my timers.

I finally through a couple dusk balls and on the 4th dusk ball it was finally caught.

I just found it weird that when I DON'T weaken the pokemon it's usually so easy to catch yet the opposite happened when I did weaken it this time.

Anyway, what pokemon was the hardest for you to catch?

-:bowser:Bowser King

WouW

Smash Lord
Azelf. That thing has Nasty Plot so you eventually will get killed anyway, Confusion and Future Sight to back that up and then Uproar so you can't sleep it. Took me ten playthroughs with 40 Ultra Balls and 20 Timer Balls.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
Kangashkan in the original Pokemon Blue.

Those Safari Balls are pathetic. I have no idea who makes them but I have every idea of what terrible things I would like to do to them...

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Um...

Feebas...?

I spent hours trying to catch that thing and finally gave up after trying all of the spots and still not having caught him. I felt cheap by using AR, but Feebas is so god**** annoying it's completely worth it.

In response to Xiahou, you should've used the Cinnabar trick. =P

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Um...

Feebas...?

I spent hours trying to catch that thing and finally gave up after trying all of the spots and still not having caught him. I felt cheap by using AR, but Feebas is so god**** annoying it's completely worth it.

In response to Xiahou, you should've used the Cinnabar trick. =P
I spent three days looking for that thing. It was pretty easy to catch but it was definitely the hardest pokemon to find.

When I was finally going to give up and go eat, I found it :p

-:bowser:Bowser King

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Oh yeah, I guess it's a different sense of "catch".

In that regard...I recall it being quite difficult catching Lugia in my Gold Version. Before it got deleted, that is...
I really need to replay that game already.

Eh I like playing the game properly. :/
Yeah, I was joking.

Although I had less of a sense of a video game moral code when I was first playing Pokemon, so I pretty much haxxored my way to the top.

I ought to try and legitimately beat the entire game in my Blue version to prove that I at least can. I never thought about it before, but I really didn't catch all of the Pokemon legitimately. Well, just the Safari Zone ones, but still.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Ugh, double post.

hyperhopper

Smash Ace
probably oh-ho in crystal

( i was 5 when i played it, and i couldnt catch a larvitar because i kept killing it, so i used a $%^&*# master ball on it)

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Mewtwo in Red version.
I wasted my master ball on Zapdos by accident. This was a nightmare. But I still accomplished something.

c3gill

Smash Ace
Site with catch rates chart

The hardest for me was always Mewtwo. If you never caught the legendary set from the original games, then you cannot possibly understand the struggle. Especially Mewtwo, because I was stubborn and didnt want to use my only masterball.

In the original R/B, catching the legendaries was a true grind.

M.K

Level 55
Chatot >_>

I know, that stupid bird should not be THIS hard to catch!

OH, and to this day, I have NEVER caught a Mantyke >_> Stupid catch rate.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Site with catch rates chart

The hardest for me was always Mewtwo. If you never caught the legendary set from the original games, then you cannot possibly understand the struggle. Especially Mewtwo, because I was stubborn and didnt want to use my only masterball.

In the original R/B, catching the legendaries was a true grind.
Now that you mention it, the legendaries in Red/Blue do come to mind as being tough to catch...I need to replay those games already, too, if I really don't remember the legendaries that well.

Why do I need to play/replay so many games all at the same time when I have nowhere near enough time to do so?

urdailywater

Smash Hero
In DP, it'd have to be Uxie so far.
Azelf was easy, and Mespirit.. I just used a master ball.
But freakin Uxie. It made me want to cry.

In GSC -- it'd have to be Suicune. That thing is so annoying. All three legendary dogs make it on that list in fact. I hate how they run from you. That's why I'm glad that only 2 pokemon run from you in DPP.

In RSE -- it'd have to be Rayquaza. Nuff said..

And in RBY.. abra.

D

Deleted member

mesprit. I always want to kill the **** thing so I've never caught it once.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Well, counting the amount of time since I got the game and never caught a certain Pokemon, it would be Mew (never knew about the Mew Glitch until a few months ago).

Though excluding that, it would be Rayquaza in R/S/E.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Entei from Pokemon Colosseum was a pain to catch.

For actual games, probably my Tauros from Leaf Green, although Mesprit is quite annoying to catch.

Mewter

Smash Master
Chatot, Mewtwo, Rayquaza, and ALL safari pokemon.
What a waste of pokeballs.:laugh:
Oh, and
Feeble
Feebas.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Yea, the Safari Zone Pokemon is a pain to catch, mainly rare Pokemon that's there. I'll say Entei from Pokemon G/S/C is the hardest to catch.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
In Red/Blue/Yellow, it was definitely Abra. STOP RUNNING AND EAT MY THUNDER-WAVE! The Bird Trio and Mewtwo were one thing (Pikachu's Thunderwave is the only thing that I had going for me), but I was tempted to go back and use the Masterball to get Abra, since I couldn't ever catch it....

In Gold/Silver/Crystal, it was Ho-oh. I managed to get 2 Extra Masterballs from a club at my Elementary School who traded Pokemon together, and the little RadioStationGiveaways made the Legendary Dogs an Easy Catch. Ho-oh, however, between it's uber recovery and it's near instant kill Sunnyday/Fireblast combos made it hard as heck to capture.

In Ruby/Saphire/Emerald, it was Bagon, if I remember right. Whatever little dragon that wouuld eventually become the Salmance everyone spams at tournaments and online. The little guy seemed to break out of every Ultra-Ball, despite being put to sleep and having False-Swiped hp.

In Colloseum/XD, it was Entei. I dunno what made him so hard to catch, but it took forever to do so... Ultra-Balls still stank for some reason, and Shadow Rush making him kill himself was not enjoyed.

In Diamond/Pearl, it again goes to Abra. STAND STILL DARN IT! ;.; It's weird how awesome the Dusk Ball is, and since I always play at Night, it makes it easy to catch legendaries. I used 1 Close Combat on Dialga and then 1 Ultraball, and he went down no problem. BUT DANG ABRA TOOK FOR FREAKING EVER! ;.;

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
For some reason, Heatran took me forever to catch. I wasted like 30 Dusk Balls and 5 Timer Balls and a couple of Ultra Balls. I'm probably just unlucky. It was paralyzed with low health.

In RSE, it would probably be Latios >=/

GSC....probably Shuckle. Took me hours to finally find one.

RBY would be fricken Abra.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
GSC....probably Shuckle. Took me hours to finally find one.
There's an easy solution for that.

1. Go to Cianwood City.
2. Go to the house of the guy who lends you his Shuckle temporarily for safety.
3. Get the Shuckle.
4. Get a Ditto.
5. Go to the Daycare.
6. Put both Pokemon in the Daycare.
7. Shuckle Egg. =D

A lot of people had trouble with Abra, hm? I remember him being annoying but I don't remember it being that hard. All you need to do is put him to sleep, after all. It's not easy, and it takes a few tries, but certainly not as hard as Mewtwo. If I recall correctly, my first run through the game (before I screwed up and accidentally deleted my file, and had to start again) I wasted my Master Ball early on and it was completely annoying to catch Mewtwo. Of course, I also recall saving my Master Ball in my next save file for the Cinnabar trick of win. So I still have infinite Master Balls. Yay.
And as for Abra in any games past first generation...Mean Look/Spider Web. Or Block if it's third gen or later.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I killed Mewtwo with my Blastoise in Blue, so I never caught him. I actually accidentally used my Master Ball on...a pidgeotto...which I didn't care at the time since I already HAD all the legendary pokemon (Except Mewtwo who I killed).

I think Feebas was also the most annoying pokemon I tried to catch as well...Other than those Safari zone pokemon.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Ive never attempted to find feebas:ohwell:
latias definitely was a frikin pain since i never picked up a master ball:(

c3gill

Smash Ace
Ive never attempted to find feebas:ohwell:
latias definitely was a frikin pain since i never picked up a master ball:(
Feebas isnt that bad, just takes a long time- its not a grind like the legendaries, its a fishing grind.

And Master Balls make the game too easy, its much more exciting to catch everything in other balls.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Umbereon.....cause I sucked back then xD
lol, I don't think that's even possible without an Action Replay or a Game Shark. You first start out with Eevee, and you can only get that Pokemon by prize, or when you talk to someone and they will give you one. The only way to get Umbreon is if you evolve it.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I always thought Raikou/Entei/Suicune/Latios/Latias were really hard to catch... and they took me the longest basically because of the search. At least the other legendaries are readily available

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I wonder how much I stressed the battery with all my hard resets getting Azelf... ridiculously unlucky.

jessicakaplan

Smash Rookie
This is going to sound wimpy, but the one I had the most stress would probably be Pikachu in Fire Red version. Their appearances are rare in the Viridian Forest, but they in fact do appear. I remember seeing one, and it either fled or I fainted it with my Charmander. After a while (when I got over missing a Pikachu and started playing again, that is) I would NOT quit until I captured one. It took quite some time.
As for Rayquaza... if you wanted an easy catch, you would've needed to save your master ball for it. If you were a nub like me, I would've already used it on Kyogre, though. Goes to show how much I learned.

sonic 12111

Smash Journeyman
Relicanth was probrally it. i spent days finding it in that underwater place. i would only get those heart scrubs and the ugly clampearls

jessicakaplan

Smash Rookie
Relicanth was probrally it. i spent days finding it in that underwater place. i would only get those heart scrubs and the ugly clampearls
Hm... now that I think about it, I don't think I even tried to catch one. :laugh: At the time, I only thought the cute ones mattered. :chuckle:

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Lol I spent the most time on regice in ruby version. I spent literally 40 minutes trying to catch the darn thing. I used over 50 ultra balls, over 20 timer balls, and even a few great balls. I hate when people say they caught him (or other legendaries) with just a regular pokeball.

derkapalooza

Smash Journeyman
Lol I spent the most time on regice in ruby version. I spent literally 40 minutes trying to catch the darn thing. I used over 50 ultra balls, over 20 timer balls, and even a few great balls. I hate when people say they caught him (or other legendaries) with just a regular pokeball.
well its definetly not impossible.

but i can see how people can say that just to brag :ohwell:

WouW

Smash Lord
I've actually caught a legendary or two by chucking all my Ultra and Timer balls at it, then catching it with a last resort Pokéball that was hiding in my bag since the beginning of the game.

Top Bottom