• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What makes fox so good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unknown522

Some guy
fox has an awesome camping game between his dash dance and laser vs everyone but falco. He also has a good combo game vs a lot of the important characters. The ones he can't combo, he can camp with ease anyway. His jump heights are better than falco's as well for pressuring, comboing, and chasing because his jump heights are lower.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Sheik is a more uncomfortable match-up, simply because there are only a handful of them who know what they are doing. Most of us don't have the experience vs. Sheiks, so when we stumble into the match-up at a tournament...T_T

Marth is generally easier, because we all play this match-up and we all know how it works both ways. It is one of the most common match-ups in melee. Thats my opinion on it, anyways.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
peach vs fox-most fox players and peach players are scared 2 fight this match up- the fox has 2 play really on his a game..i dont want to hear all u have 2 do is camp because colbol is very agro and ***** peach..u just have 2 be playing well and u will do good,but the peach player and crouch cancel d smash jabs bad nairs and combo to death. her edge guarding on fox is better in my opinion vs fox on peach..yes fox can back air shine spike but the float can be misleading and more air mobility than fox's up b and side b

icy's vs fox please tell me y u think fox ***** icy's..its shine vs dont get hit..not grab likie most people would say

"stuff about deathgrabs"

yup yup..fox can spam shine on icys and play keep away and spam up tilt but icy's have blizzard desyncs and ice block s to make fox where we want him to be

many icy ploayers already proved throughout the years that icy's go even without wobbling..if u go back to o7

"stuff about 07"

1st: Colbol is good, but he is inexperienced when it comes to playing a tight defensive game. I know it was a while ago, but you're making references to 07 as back to your points so this should work for me too - I watched Colbol get beat by Wife at e52 with my own eyes. I'm not sure what that means exactly, but if you're going to come back and say that Colbol beats all the Peaches in Florida...

I don't feel that I'm good in the Peach match-up, and even I managed to beat Wife twice at that tourny.

Colin is ****, and I think his best match-ups are Fox dittos, Falco, Falcon, and Jiggs.

2nd: I'm going to go back in time and use PbnJ logic.

PB&J said:
and fox has the advantge on marth on every stage even fd..just dont get grabbed

Well, I personally think that if Fox just 'doesn't get grabbed' on any stage he ***** ICs. That should make sense now, right?

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Sheik is a more uncomfortable match-up, simply because there are only a handful of them who know what they are doing. Most of us don't have the experience vs. Sheiks, so when we stumble into the match-up at a tournament...T_T

Marth is generally easier, because we all play this match-up and we all know how it works both ways. It is one of the most common match-ups in melee. Thats my opinion on it, anyways.
Yeah, I was just about to say the same thing. There's such a lack of sheik players, especially in WC Canada, that when any of us ever play a good sheik, like what Rayne said, it's T_T.

Fox vs Marth is an odd match up because from what i've heard and seen., people are really comfortable with that match up either way.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
colbol is wayy better than ya think he is lol. he's at the same level of shiz cept his oos exp is wack he's only used to play players form fl

PB&J

Smash Hero
colbol has beaten every peach ever ecxept armada,vwins-becaue he never played them..your right he lost to wife but beat him plenty of times and cort,xelix,doh,doll,vidjo,mike g,xif, etc

sounds like one fl peach to me..play colbol now ..colbol ***** and u know it

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
colbol has beaten every peach ever ecxept armada,vwins-becaue he never played them..your right he lost to wife but beat him plenty of times and cort,xelix,doh,doll,vidjo,mike g,xif, etc

sounds like one fl peach to me..play colbol now ..colbol ***** and u know it
Just for clarification, has he beaten ALL these Peaches in tournament?

Start reading my posts more carefully. I didn't say Colbol was bad. I never posted anything saying any FL player is bad.

Raynex said:
Colbol is good, but he is inexperienced when it comes to playing a tight defensive game.

Colin is ****, and I think his best match-ups are Fox dittos, Falco, Falcon, and Jiggs.
I'm more interested in you replies to the match-up discussion than the player discussion. This circular reasoning and incessant bloating of your regions players is getting really, really tedious to read.

Renth

Smash Hero
so chaddd rock crock/tipman dont count besides them there is kage and we all know he suks vs falco dont go off one ganon

and besides those i named and renth

who is there..who is even above average..

im still sticking with my staement that falco/fox match up is even

only u and m2k diasgree because u guys arent good in the match up..learn it ..its not as hard as it seems

Fox / Falco is a fun match up for ganon, Swiftbass and I use to have good matches years ago crazy stuff that match is okay so long you stay in the center of the stage.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
So we can agree that PB&J logic can be subsituted for anyting that speaks of "Character specific = player specific"?

That's all i get from this.

Ghostly

Smash Cadet
Kokiri Forest or East Greenwich Rhode Island
Usually, if you take 2 different characters and compare how they'd be used at their 100% ability, some will counter others by means of say, range, speed, air and ground combos and edgeguiarding tactics and whatnot. It wouldn't be terriby obvious, so that one character can never actually die or something like that, but they'd have a small advantage.
Thank you Iron Man and Teczero. What I'm trying to say is why does the matchup matter, but Iron Man already explained it. Thanks again=)

raychun1

Smash Apprentice
i use fox as a secondary, mostly cuz i'm not consistent with tech skill and i don't think i could main fox. i also like the fact that fox is good on almost every stage, so if they pick a janky stage i could just use fox.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
ive made sidebets on colbols placings at majors. I have lost them all......but i still bet on him and Drephen. I keep the faith that he will have a break thru one of these days

Life After Death

Smash Champion
glad to see that someone who actually knows hwo good he really is. he just needs to learn how to do madd friendlies at oos tourneys

PB&J

Smash Hero
all i said was that fox vs falco was even..dont compare me to inui ever

and yes colbol beat them in tourny..all of them..type it on youtube please

what ever..anything i say is going to be ..your logic is dumb..u dont know what your talking about..i love the boards sometimes and canada always knowing there stuff

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I don't represent my entire country. Canada doesn't claim they "know all there stuff" - its just me posting my opinion.

But yeah, I should probably cool it. Pb you're mad chill, I just got a bit carried away I think.

Chopz: I don't know why I am saying this again, but I fully recognize how good Colbol is. I've posted about it in this thread more than once. South needs to learn how to read. :psycho:

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Col bol definitely too ****ign good.

There is no argument behind that.

Though i thought this thread was called what makes fox so good, not...Why does Raynex underrate Col bol.

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
Regarding Fox's color, what color do you use on a regular? I don't see as much green as I use to. Has green fox been played out? lol

I switched back to blue, to match my shine. =P

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i use either blue or red depending on my mood.

blue is "warming up/fun/sd prone/for the lulz" fox

red is serious business

S.G.

Smash Journeyman
PB&J Logic:
<Florida player> playing <character> can beat <Florida player> playing <character>
ergo,
everyone, everywhere, should be able to win in ______vs______ matchup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom