• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Johns have you heard while playing as Kirby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Flash

Smash Apprentice
Here are all the johns that my scrubby friend(if I could even call him that) said to me

1) He was using Snake and I was using Kirby. I threw him off the stage and then he used Up+B. I spit him out and made him fall to his doom.

Him: HEY! It doesn't take skill to spit someone out while they're recovering!

Me: .....

2) I used the Gonzo Combo on him after he used Pit's Arrows on me. Then I used Bair 2x and KO'd him.

Him: It doesn't take skill to use the same Aerials 2x in a row!

Me: It doesn't take skill to spam Arrows either.

3) I was fighting his Pokemon Trainer on Corneria(which he counterpicked). His Charizard was at 90%, and he used Pokemon Change. Once Squirtle came out, I used USmash and Star KO'd him.

Him: It doesn't take skill to attack somebody right after they do Pokemon Change! That's cheating!!! You suck!

4) I swallowed his Falco and then crouched under his lasers. Then I used SHTL on him.

Him: What the heck, that's cheating! Anyone can win if they do a Short Hop then shoot 3 lasers at once.

Me: And anyone with half a brain can use a Reflector o.o

5) I gimped his DK with Stone, and now he's a stock behind.

Him: You're only winning because a song you like is playing!

Me: So?

Him: *Puts No Contest*

6) I used FThrow and sent Luigi off the stage, then edgehogged him. He used Up+B and fell to his doom when he could have used Green Missile.

Him: It doesn't take skill to throw someone off the stage and then grab the ledge.

7) MetaKnight drops from the ledge and then I Swallowcide him.

Him: It doesn't take skill to use Kirbycides, or use Kirby period!

Me: And it takes skill to use MetaKnight and keep pressing B?

*5 Seconds Later*

Master Hand: NO CONTEST

...I guess that's it. If I can remember any more, I'll post them.

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
Him: All you do is fsmash! >.<
Me: Then beat it.
Him: I can't!

MBreeto

Smash Ace
"I thought you only had one jump left" I've heard that one a few times. Not to big of a john though

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Him: You're only winning because a song you like is playing!
lol best one.

The one I usually hear (on allisbrawl ladder, I haven't received johns offline) is "Kirbycide takes no skill/is cheap/etc."

Then don't run into it? That's like saying Ike's Fsmash is cheap because it's so strong.... don't get hit. >_>

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I've actually had a few friends complain when they can't DI out of a lolgrab. Fthrow + uair - grab + fthrow + hammer.

I do have my friend that costantly plays Fox complain "You grab released me on an edge, and I died at 20%, that was ********". I usually just laugh because that was a hilarious replay.

platiepoos

Smash Apprentice
you should get new friends. this kid in one of my classes brags constantly about how good he is and how "unstoppable" lucarios final smash is. >.> im thinking of inviting him over just to kick his ***.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
you should get new friends. this kid in one of my classes brags constantly about how good he is and how "unstoppable" lucarios final smash is. >.> im thinking of inviting him over just to kick his ***.
Lol items pro.
Anyone can dodge that final smash, especially Kirby.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Well, one Kirby on the ladder got pissed when I kirbycided him, so he spammed with MK.

He said something about "He kirbycided me, so I spammed with MK. Now we're even."

Get the **** over it!

Oh...here's a priceless one...

One of my friends, who still enjoys his n00b days of playing cpus and thinking he's good, barely brawls anymore. I keep on spamming fc against his falcon.

Him: stop spamming your freaking upb!
Me: You know, you could attack me in the 5 minutes of lag I have after I land...
*he spams falcon's b moves*
Me, in mocking voice: Stop spamming your special moves!
Him: That's how you play captain falcon.
Me: Uh...sure. I guess that's one way to look at it...

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
Him: Your gay, you really play this to much.
Me: Lol, guess I do

Usually the worse I get.

I've gotten one guy complain about the lag on the HDTV who couldn't combo as Fox against me.
That's about it though :D

Pink murder

Smash Ace
In Miami... sweating my *** off &gt;.&gt;
Him: Your gay, you really play this to much.
Me: Lol, guess I do
You cant imagine how many times i have gotten that one xD.
I guess i do play this too much >.>

I had one person say that i spammed stone because i edgegaurded with it thrice, and each time it K.o'd him :p
Him: WTFH?! Kirby is so friggen cheap, her stone thing is unstoppable!
Me: dude, seriously? And ***** it's a HE , get your facts straight >.>

Blue Flash

Smash Apprentice
Lolz.

I was fighting one of my little cousins who used Lucario(thankfully, he doesn't john as much as SOME PEOPLE). I used Inhale when he was right behind me. Instead of attacking me from behind, he went RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME.

Him: HEY! Why did you eat me?!
Me: HEY! Why did you go in front of me?!
*Both laugh*

Another time, when we were playing Melee, I chose Kirby and he chose Pichu. He put Bombs on high. He went to the right side of Fourside and kept using Thunderjolt until he was at 100% damage, then I killed him with one hit.

Him: Hey! Get over here and fight like a man!

I came over there and used D-Throw on him. Then Bombs appeared, so I floated away. He used Thunder while bombs were near him and blew himself up.

Him: Hey! Let's fight again! We're going to Poke Floats and I'm gonna kick your butt with Mewtwo!

He chose Poke Floats. When Porygon came up, he stayed on it and spammed Teleport to dodge my FCs. Then he stayed on too long so he died.

Him: That stupid Porygon killed me! Its Hyrule Temple time!

He picked Roy, then went all the way to the left side and used Flare Blade. I Inhaled him and spit him out.

Him: Hey! Only wimps spit other people out!

Instead of trying to recover, he used Flare Blade in thin air and fell to his doom.

Him: That's it! You're going down!

He picked Dr. Mario and Mushroomy Kingdom 2.

Him: You're going to the doctors! One bad Kirby keeps the doctor away!

He dashed left and right while using the cape.

Him: Look at me! I'm Wavedashing! *runs in a pit and falls to his doom* That's spamming!!!

Then his mom made him go to bed because he was making too much noise. XD

EDIT: And another time, he was fighting Giga Bowser as Kirby, and he tried to Inhale him, but GB used his Fire Breath and FSmash to kill him.

Him: They wouldn't let me eat him! They cheated!!

I used Action Replay so he could play as Giga Bowser and I kept using Stone on him. When he was at high percentage, I used Hammer, and he jumped out of the way...to his doom.

Him: Hey! I thought Final Destination was bigger than that!
Me: Dude, you're GIGA Bowser.. XD

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
"Him: All you do is Grab!"
"Me: Yo momma. All you do is Shield *******".

/Thread

I really don't see the point of a John thread. It's quite silly :D

Blue Flash

Smash Apprentice
Am I the only the person here who doesn't play with idiots and *******es?
You're lucky. I can only play with scrubs/sucky people. I found one good person, but I don't see him too often. I mean, how in the world is running left and right then repeatedly using the cape Wavedashing?! It doesn't make any Sense??

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
People have called me a "cowardly" Kirby. Not sure why seeing as how I'm almost always the aggressor.

T-nuts

Smash Ace
This is a shaky thread; if you guys spam in it again it will be locked. (That means no "lol" type posts.)
well i guess thats my fault then, seeing as im the guy who busted in here and yelled "TROJAN MAN!!!" but really, i feel like theres no reason to close a fun thread like this...what harm is it doing? It may not be contributing but its not taking anything away from the kirby discussion either.

Anyway, people call me a spammer all the time. They john that I spam:

-grabs and throws
-bair (stfu)
-dair (wtf)
-cutter (o_O)
-fsmash
-foot (ok ill give you that one, i spam kirby's foot.)

guess kirby has good diversity if i can spam so many things. i havent gotten any complaints about utilt yet thank god. (it IS a tilt after all)

Allied

Smash Master
This is the best thread; if you guys don't keep posting in it again it will be bumped. (That means more johns.)
i think thats what he meant
anywho

Ophelia: I'm the best sonic on the east coast
Allied: oh rly?
*JV3stock his sonic*
Ophelia: Kirbicide more noob
Allied: lol john more ugly

Percon

Smash Lord
Heh, someone named Allied. (don't mind me)

Anyway, my favorite would have to be:

"Kirby's bair priority is SO broken. Seriously, just keep attacking all game and you won't lose."

-Umbreon

<3 Umbreon

1nconspikuous

Smash Apprentice
This is a shaky thread; if you guys spam in it again it will be locked. (That means no "lol" type posts.)
wow sorry, but i lol'd. next time i won't post it. =)

i have also gotten the 'kirby's grabs are broken' john. lol. that was a while ago though, now a lot of ppl seem to be able to DI out of the f-throw>uair>profit.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Whoa, the Kirby boards aren't even safe from Xiivi...

Well, I take a lot of heat about how often I play Kirby. Like, if I'm not doing too well, I'll use him, and the other person usually cries about how often I use uair and bair.

"Gawd, ur 2 floatee!11".

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Some people say I spam F-air and B-air too much. When I gimp someone with a Kirbycide, I usually get cussed at. I just laugh everytime I get a Kirbycide and it looks very obnoxious, and they get pissed off from that.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Kirbycide johns are just...no.

"Hey! It's cheap when you eat me when I'm edguarding you!"
"Then work your ****ing way around it."
"It's impossible!"
"Wow. Just...wow. Maybe you shouldn't jump right in front of me."

Off topic:

Whenever someone seriously spams against me, I spit them out under the stage 3 times. Then they're like "Cheap *****!!!" And I'm like "Spam=DEATH."

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hehe, I play more good players now, but since my landlady has a youth group thing every week, every week I have a bunch of trashtalking noobs in my house who want to play. I get a lot of 'omg you're so gay!' johns for doing 0 to death CGs that should never work, and of course my good old starshot under the stage kills. Oh, and doing infinite stone glitch is funny too. They run into it then complain about how broken it is.

'Fsmash is so overpowered' is a common one among decent players.

The other day I got an awesome kill/accompanying john. Allow me to set the stage:

-Very bad player who comes to our smashfests all the time, **** talks every time, and loses almost every time. He plays Snake, I play Kirby. I inhale and jump off the stage since I'm a stock ahead. He breaks free and tries to cypher (but with delayed reaction). I turn around and inhale him again off the cypher for the Kirbycide.

Him: Dude, that's so gay! You cheated!
Me: How?
Him: You can't inhale Snake off his cypher!
Me: Yes you can. In fact, you just saw me do it.
Him: But it's not possible.
Me: What are you talking about? You don't even play Snake and I just DID inhale you off the cypher.
Him: I'm getting bored of playing. I think I'm going to go home. See you guys.

Blue Flash

Smash Apprentice
I got more johns, all from yesterday.

My little cousin and my scrubby friend came over to play Brawl. One of my other cousing came over to play Brawl. He kept raving about how he could beat everyone in Brawl(he always says he can beat me in Brawl, but then he always loses). So we went to play Brawl.

Cousin: I'm using Ike on yo ***!

Cousin 2: Dude, you always pick Ike.

Me: I'll be using Kirby.

Scrub: Luigi Time!

Cousin: Wait! No items, Ike ONLY, Final Destination.

Cousin 2: I am NOT using Ike, he sucks.

Cousin: How bout we play Melee and use Roy only?

Cousin 2: No way, Roy sucks, Melee sucks, Smash 64 sucks ****. Those games don't take skill. HURRY UP AND CHOOSE YOUR CHARACTERS!

Scrub: Dudes, shut up and get it over with.

Me: Like you should talk.

My other cousin picked Pit and my cousin picked Ike.

We agreed to fight on Final Destination. I sucked up Pit and took his power. I ran to Luigi and used Dash Attack. Then I moved back a little bit in the air when I used FC.

Cousin: Whoa! I didn't know Blue Flash(he calls me by my SB name and never uses my real name) could Wavedash!

Scrub: That's not Wavedashing! You don't know a **** thing about Competitive Smash!

Ike and Luigi got hit by my arrows.

Cousin: Let's get rid of Luigi.

Me: Agreed.

I grabbed Luigi and pummeled him. Luigi escaped but then he took a fully charged Eruption to the face. Pit came to us and kept using Angel Ring. I shielded the whole thing.

Cousin: YAY you saved me!

Then he used an Aerial Quick Draw on Pit, which he shielded. Then he pressed A 3x and. Broke his shield. He charged a FSmash at him...but not before Luigi used a Dragon Punch on him.

Cousin: HEY! You ruined my Gonzo Combo!

Pit and Kirby took it to the air and used Arrows. When pit was gliding, he took a Dragon Punch. I was able to charge a FSmash on Luigi and kill him. I did an Arrow Lock on Luigi and Ike used Fair on him. He was sent off the stage. Before he could recover, I Bair'd him to his doom.

Scrub: Back Aerials are so cheap!

Cousin: WE GOT RID OF LUIGI!

Then Kirby used Jabs on Pit while Ike used Aether. I finished him off with Hammer.

Me: Take that, Pit!

Cousin 2: You two got lucky. Anyone can win if they gang up on one person.

Cousin: Nice use of the Gonzo Combo! *falls to his doom* You deserve to win.

Scrub: All you do is camp.

Cousin 2: Only losers camp. And only losers use a string of attacks and then call it the Gonzo Combo, which its not! That's not a Gonzo Combo!

Cousin: Yes it is. Why don't YOU tell me what a Gonzo Combo is?

Scrub: A Gonzo Combo is FThrow to Uair.

Cousin: There are different kinds of Gonzo Combos too.

Scrub: Yeah, but Jabs+Aether+Hammer is NOT one of them

Cousin: You're just mad cuz you lost.

Cousin 2: He can beat you if you two are fighting Solo.

Cousin: No he can't, he sucks. There's only two good people here, and that's BF and me. He beat me in Melee when I was Giga Bowser

Scrub: Because you suck.

Cousin 2: Melee sucks too. It doesn't take skill to throw them off the stage then grab the ledge. And all you have to do is press B and you win. Anyone can beat Giga Bowser, all he ever does Is Fire Breath. Brawl GB is WAY better. Brawl Bowser all the way! Bowser is UNBEATABLE in Brawl!

Me: *facepalm*

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Wow BF... you need to find some real opponents...
That was a funny story though XD

Blue Flash

Smash Apprentice
I know I should find real opponents. I only found one, and I don't see him often. And as I said in another post, my mom doesn't want me going online. All my current opponents suck, especially my little cousin. I know he's 5, but he doesn't know how to shield, grab, sidestep dodge, or roll, and he calls himself a competitive Smash player.

Blue Flash

Smash Apprentice
I didn't know they had online tournies. Too bad my mom doesn't want my Wii to catch a virus :/

*goes to a crowd and chants* KEEP THIS ACTIVE! KEEP THIS ACTIVE! KEEP THIS ACTIVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom