• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Johns have you heard while playing as Kirby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Flash

Smash Apprentice
Hallelujah :p

But seriously, you should talk her out of that. You're not missing too much, but it is a lot better than fighting CPU's all day long.
I'm trying to get her to do research, but she keeps nagging about how she won't have a source of exercise if the Wii crashes down :/

Btw, I don't fight computers, I only fight my cousins. And also Scrub(if I'm that bored). They all suck. Using competitive Smash terms doesn't make someone good, especially if you think Wavedashing is moving in the air while using FC(which anyone can do).

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yeah, but check the threads anyway. Maybe you can find some people in the same city/town whom you can practice with, even if you don't go to tournies.

Pink murder

Smash Ace
But then his wii might get AIDS from plugging his controller into a Wii that has it.
WTF? :chuckle:

Tell her you have a surprise for her, blindfold her, then take her to the computer and show her this post.

WII'S CANT GET SICK!

Also, i had a new john today :p
We were on dolphino plaza, and i Uthrowed him to his death on the top platform.
Him: OMFG what a spammer!
Me: This is the first time i used Uthrow in this match!
Him: Yea well... your still cheap.

Blue Flash

Smash Apprentice
I'll try to find better people. I have a new john too :p

I was fighting my little cousin(Marth). Everytime I put up a shield, he'd use Shield Breaker and I sidestep dodged. When I sidestep dodged, he used Dair, which I shielded. Then I spit him out the stage. He tried to recover, but I used Dair+Footstool and he fell to his doom.

Him: Hey! Doing the Gonzo Combo off stage is cheating!
Me: o.O

Then he got a Pity Final Smash. When he used it, I jumped over him and he fell off the stage.

Him: What?! How does a Final Smash miss?!

And then there was the time he used Captain Falcon in a Taunt Match. I did "Hiii" while he did "Falcon PUNCH". A minute later, it went to Sudden Death. He hit me with Falcon Punch, but a bomb hit him before I died.

Him: What's a bomb doing falling from the sky?! That's cheap!

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
I'll try to find better people. I have a new john too :p

I was fighting my little cousin(Marth). Everytime I put up a shield, he'd use Shield Breaker and I sidestep dodged. When I sidestep dodged, he used Dair, which I shielded. Then I spit him out the stage. He tried to recover, but I used Dair+Footstool and he fell to his doom.

Him: Hey! Doing the Gonzo Combo off stage is cheating!
Me: o.O

Then he got a Pity Final Smash. When he used it, I jumped over him and he fell off the stage.

Him: What?! How does a Final Smash miss?!

And then there was the time he used Captain Falcon in a Taunt Match. I did "Hiii" while he did "Falcon PUNCH". A minute later, it went to Sudden Death. He hit me with Falcon Punch, but a bomb hit him before I died.

Him: What's a bomb doing falling from the sky?! That's cheap!
._.

your cousin is full of win. Gonzo combo offstage? rofl

kirbz

Smash Apprentice
Also, many smash noobs assume that Kirby sucks because he is cute. They also say it takes no skill to use him. Meanwhile, while their Ike's are trying to kill air, I string together an fthrow > uair > repeat > dthrow > utilt > bair > bair > dair > fsmash and he goes:

Him: Anyone can do that you suck noob!

Insolent humans...

Blue Flash

Smash Apprentice
I'm still loling @ the johns Pink murder and Kirbz put up here.

I have one from an hour ago:

He was Kirby, I was Ness. He "counterpicked" Corneria. I used PK Fire on him about 5x before using Uthrow and an aerial PKT Missile on him. He complained about me using the Gonzo Combo and sucked me up. Then he used PK Flash, which I absorbed.

Him: Hey! No one should be able to restore health!

He did his DTaunt, knowing his Neutral-B would be useless against me. He then inhaled me and spit me out the stage. He jumped out and tried to gimp me, but I used PKT Missile to recover and he fell to his doom.

Him: What the heck? All you did was camp and then spam the Gonzo Combo 24/7!
Me: ...
Him: ...
*crickets chirping*

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Well guys, to be fair, Kirby is one of the easier characters to learn (not saying he's easy to be good with, as that's not true of any character (no, not even MK), but he is easier to learn than most.).

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Well guys, to be fair, Kirby is one of the easier characters to learn (not saying he's easy to be good with, as that's not true of any character (no, not even MK), but he is easier to learn than most.).
Anyone can honestly learn Kirby. If you take two hours to teach someone, they'll perform better than say, a Link player, or Ness player that practiced for the same amount of time.

Kirby was just gifted with some nice things, great specials, a good recovery, **** smashes, lolgrab comboes, and good aerials. Overall, he just has to tools to make a bad player perform well. He's a pretty straightforward character, not a lot to learn. Overall, it takes skill to master, but he's easy to pick up.

Pink murder

Smash Ace
He complained about me using the Gonzo Combo and sucked me up.
Him: What the heck? All you did was camp and then spam the Gonzo Combo 24/7!
You should teach your friend what the gonzo combo is xD
One from an hour ago
I used stone on top of the slanted platform on dolphino plaza, and slid down. It hit him out of his second stock.
Him: This game is so broken. Physics don't work that way.
Me: -_-;

I think i should find someone better to play with :p

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You should teach your friend what the gonzo combo is xD
One from an hour ago
I used stone on top of the slanted platform on dolphino plaza, and slid down. It hit him out of his second stock.
Him: This game is so broken. Physics don't work that way.
Me: -_-;

I think i should find someone better to play with :p
Play against X-1, he uses Meta Knight and is totally a fair player he is absolutely legitimate and does not in any way nor shape of form spam with the character in Super Smash Brothers Brawl Meta Knight.

No, really. You have plenty of people that are good to play against. :mad:
No player johns, plz.
Except for John in our clan. He's cool.

Pink murder

Smash Ace
...Except for John in our clan. He's cool.
Lol :chuckle:

Sure i have good people to play against, but they're all online :p.
I'm talking about people i can play offline.
If i don't put up a john, then I'm risking the thread x_x
So ill say one i heard a long while back.
I grabbed him and kept pummeling until he broke free, then i followed with a Fsmash for the kill.
Him: That's not supposed to reach me!
Me: But it just DID -.-

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Lol :chuckle:

Sure i have good people to play against, but they're all online :p.
I'm talking about people i can play offline.
If i don't put up a john, then I'm risking the thread x_x
So ill say one i heard a long while back.
I grabbed him and kept pummeling until he broke free, then i followed with a Fsmash for the kill.
Him: That's not supposed to reach me!
Me: But it just DID -.-
Oh yeah. I forgot you have Xiivi here.
Lol, remember that one match I sent you versus that Fox player on PS2? I heard so many complaints are that.

"Kirby is so cheap, you grabbed me on a ledge and I died. epic fail lolllllololllol."

He got 3-stocked. First kill, a tippered fsmash killed him at 80%. Second kill, the stage turned to ice, he was at 90%, I hit the platform, slid right off, and on top of him. Johned about that. Last kill, I think it was 20%, I went for a lolgrab, and happened to grab on the edge. He DI'd out of it too fast, airdodged, and killed himself because Fox falls so fast.

My all time favorite replay, man.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
as soon as i read that this guy pokèmon switched right in front of kirby who up smashed,I realized that this guy is a major moron lol.

:094:

Pink murder

Smash Ace
Oh yeah. I forgot you have Xiivi here.
Lol, remember that one match I sent you versus that Fox player on PS2? I heard so many complaints are that.

"Kirby is so cheap, you grabbed me on a ledge and I died. epic fail lolllllololllol."

He got 3-stocked. First kill, a tippered fsmash killed him at 80%. Second kill, the stage turned to ice, he was at 90%, I hit the platform, slid right off, and on top of him. Johned about that. Last kill, I think it was 20%, I went for a lolgrab, and happened to grab on the edge. He DI'd out of it too fast, airdodged, and killed himself because Fox falls so fast.

My all time favorite replay, man.
Lmao, didn't you send that to me? :chuckle:
This may sound ridiculous, but it actually happened xD
We were on brinstar, and the lava just so happened to kill him twice in a row.
Him: Why is the lava always on your side!
Me: :laugh:

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
Anyone can honestly learn Kirby. If you take two hours to teach someone, they'll perform better than say, a Link player, or Ness player that practiced for the same amount of time.

Kirby was just gifted with some nice things, great specials, a good recovery, **** smashes, lolgrab comboes, and good aerials. Overall, he just has to tools to make a bad player perform well. He's a pretty straightforward character, not a lot to learn. Overall, it takes skill to master, but he's easy to pick up.
He is pretty easy to pick up. No AT's to learn aside from KC. He has multiple jumps and a good vertical recovery.

How ever, I do think that there are many characters that make Bad players perform well, with better results. With 2 hours of training, of course.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Lmao, didn't you send that to me? :chuckle:
This may sound ridiculous, but it actually happened xD
We were on brinstar, and the lava just so happened to kill him twice in a row.
Him: Why is the lava always on your side!
Me: :laugh:
That's why I said "remember that one match I sent you?" xD
These are pretty good. I played some incredible matches today against a Bowser main, he was pretty good. :(

But the highlight of the day was where I was Mario, and fludded his down-b, so he flew straight down and I got the easy kill, lol. But back to Kirby...

Pink murder

Smash Ace
He is pretty easy to pick up. No AT's to learn aside from KC. He has multiple jumps and a good vertical recovery.

How ever, I do think that there are many characters that make Bad players perform well, with better results. With 2 hours of training, of course.
I remember that i first decided to main him when i killed in basic brawls with his Fsmash xD.

That's why I said "remember that one match I sent you?" xD
These are pretty good. I played some incredible matches today against a Bowser main, he was pretty good. :(

But the highlight of the day was where I was Mario, and fludded his down-b, so he flew straight down and I got the easy kill, lol. But back to Kirby...
I hope you got the replay :p

Anyway, yea back to kirby...
I remember when i kirbycided this guy on PS2 for the first K.O.
Him: Kirbyciding is for gays...
A few matches later he picked kirby, and kirbycided my second stock.
Me: >.>
Him: Its not gay when i do it..

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I remember that i first decided to main him when i killed in basic brawls with his Fsmash xD.

I hope you got the replay :p

Anyway, yea back to kirby...
I remember when i kirbycided this guy on PS2 for the first K.O.
Him: Kirbyciding is for gays...
A few matches later he picked kirby, and kirbycided my second stock.
Me: >.>
Him: Its not gay when i do it..
It was the first stock, so all I could think was "Please, please let this match be over in under 3 minutes." Well, guess what. 3:11. And another good match, where I caped his Dedede's up-b twice in one game, 3:01. I'm not even kidding.

Lol, just DI out of the Kirbycide and kill the Kirby.

Pink murder

Smash Ace
It was the first stock, so all I could think was "Please, please let this match be over in under 3 minutes." Well, guess what. 3:11. And another good match, where I caped his Dedede's up-b twice in one game, 3:01. I'm not even kidding.

Lol, just DI out of the Kirbycide and kill the Kirby.
I HATE it when that happens >.>
I always think "OMG if only this match were 4 seconds sooner >.>. He just HAD to die from the top didn't he"

More johns more johns...uhhh
Oh, i always get this one. I spam Utilt? O.o
I only use it for the Utilt > Utilt > Bair > Bair combo, and when someone rolls behind me.

kirbz

Smash Apprentice

The trouble is, most casual players or posers don't bother with kirby, thinking that because he is cute, he sucks. And that noob who wrote the "official PRIMA guide" isn't helping. According to him, all kirby can do is stone and FC, Jiggs can WoP but kirby can't, MK fails and Falcon is rated 8/10. He also adds false hope where he talks about pros, but should he actually see pros, he would rate MK higher and would know that Kirby has things called combos.

Basically, my philosophy is that Kirbys are split into two groups:
  • noobs who only stone or FC who have never seen a combo in their life
  • okay, decent, good, awesome, or 1337 players

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
The trouble is, most casual players or posers don't bother with kirby, thinking that because he is cute, he sucks. And that noob who wrote the "official PRIMA guide" isn't helping. According to him, all kirby can do is stone and FC, Jiggs can WoP but kirby can't, MK fails and Falcon is rated 8/10. He also adds false hope where he talks about pros, but should he actually see pros, he would rate MK higher and would know that Kirby has things called combos.

I'd say it falls into more groups than that.
There are the people that dedicate themselves to advancing their game with Kirby, and always change their playstyle.
Some people just spam fsmash and rock. Or Cutter, like Jairo.
And there are people that are just naturally skilled with Kirby that doesn't use him often.

Pink murder

Smash Ace
And there are people that are just naturally skilled with Kirby that doesn't use him often.
1.I don't spam cutter! You and I have to have a match sometime soon >:p
2.Yes its true. Some people tend to have a knack for playing kirby x_x. I remember this one guy who had chosen kirby for the first time in weeks, and he killed my kirby with 20% >.>
I got so pissed! xD
I still won the match, but the point still stands. Some people are naturally good with kirby.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.

Yea, the prima guide is ********. Kirby is a 5 out of 10 (T for worst) but the mighty captain falcon scores an 8. The only thing accurate in that guide was marth being a 9/10. I'm seriously considering taking my prima guide (bought for SSE/lulz), formatting the character rankings to the current tier list, and posting it. I think that would mean cf #2...

Anyway, onto my John.

Him: Stop spamming stone! That thing's like, unpunishable!

kirbz

Smash Apprentice
I'd say it falls into more groups than that.
There are the people that dedicate themselves to advancing their game with Kirby, and always change their playstyle.
What i mean is that there are just people who assume he sucks (non-smashers) or people who can use him.

Nevermind that, lets see some moar johns...

Him: *uses pit's up-B*
Me: *dairs him*
Him: *dies* ...You Cheated!

Him: *spams Pika's B 40 times*
Me: *copys Pika and uses B 2 times*
Him: SPAMMER!!!!

Him: *Fox's lazers*
Me: *too far away, lazers disappear before hitting me*
Him: Why won't you die!?

Him: *Falco's lasers*
Me:*crouch* *uses my lazers*
Him: *crouch* *gets hit* ???

Yea, the prima guide is ********. Kirby is a 5 out of 10 (T for worst) but the mighty captain falcon scores an 8. The only thing accurate in that guide was marth being a 9/10. I'm seriously considering taking my prima guide (bought for SSE/lulz), formatting the character rankings to the current tier list, and posting it. I think that would mean cf #2...
Smashboards should make an ACTUAL guide and publish it.

Pink murder

Smash Ace
Him: *spams Pika's B 40 times*
Me: *copys Pika and uses B 2 times*
Him: SPAMMER!!!!

Him: *Fox's lazers*
Me: *too far away, lazers disappear before hitting me*
Him: Why won't you die!?

Him: *Falco's lasers*
Me:*crouch* *uses my lazers*
Him: *crouch* *gets hit* ???
Lmao, now that was funny xD.
Here's an unusual one...
People say i spam spikes >.>

EDIT: For daisho
Lol, i find myself doing that a lot lately xD. Every time something epic happens, i think "Screw you, I'm keeping this." and suicide for the replay.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Jairo, I guess you spam spikes. >_>
Stoppit.

Blue Flash

Smash Apprentice
Pink murder, I already showed my cousin what the Gonzo combo is and he still thinks there are a million other Gonzo combos.

I have another john:

I was Kirby, he was Pikachu. He kept spamming Pikachu's B attack.

Him: Pikachu Thunderbolt!*uses Thunder*

I jumped over them and used FC.

Him: Dodge it Pikachu! And use the Gonzo combo!

He charged up a Skull Bash and I shielded it. Then I did Dthrow + Airdodge + Dair + Ftilt + Uthrow + FC + FSmash and killed him.

Him: Hey! I couldn't dodge any of them! Now I'm gonna beat you! You can't beat me when I use his blue goggles!

He uses Pikachu again, but changes the outfit from headband to goggles. Then he "counterpicked" Spear Pillar.

He went to the bottom platform and spammed Thunder. I turned into a Stone. This went on for 30 seconds.

Him: You're supposed to die!

Then Cresselia started shooting those arrow things at us, so we dodged them. After it stopped, I jumped into the air and used Dair. Then he used Nair, which I shielded. He used Thunder, which I shielded. He grabbed me and used Bthrow. Then I grabbed him and used Dthrow until he was at 80% then killed him with FSmash

Him: Kirby and his stupid Chaingrabs!!

Then he went to the computer to watch some Gonzo vids. 10 min later, he came back to challenge me!

Him: I can beat you now!
Me: No you can't
Him: Yes I can, I thought of a new combo.

We both used Kirby and he counterpicked Pictochat against me.

Him: I'll show you my new combo!
Me: *Just stands there* Go ahead and try it.

He did Dthrow(2x) then Fthrow then Uthrow and then went above me and used Stone, which I airdodged. Then he Inhaled me and spit me off stage.

Him: I call it the Gonzo Chaingrab!
Me: X_X

I recovered and used Kirbycide on him.

Him: What?! I was winning too! At least I thought of a new combo! But you cheated! Next time we fight, we go by these rules:

-No Specials

-No Cheap FSmashes

-No stupid chaingrabs

-AND NO KIRBYCIDES OR GONZO COMBOS!

Me: :D:D:D:D:D

kirbz

Smash Apprentice
☠ Are you reading what you posted?xD.
I mean that the guy literally johned about me spiking him to his death. ☠
don't worry, i get that all the time.

anyway, moar johns, moar!:

Him: *yoshi uses egg roll*
Me: *jump*
Him: *falls off the stage*
Me: lol
Him: You Cheated!

Me: *uses gonzo combo*
Him: ??? wtf was that
Me: gonzo combo
Him: Thats a dumb name

Me: *uses cook kirby*
Him: thats so cheap its undodgeable!
(Later...)
Him: *uses cook kirby*
Me: *dodge*
Him: you aren't supposed to do that!

Him: *thunder jolt x1000*
Me: *powershield x1000*
Him: Spammer!

Pink murder

Smash Ace
don't worry, i get that all the time.

anyway, moar johns, moar!:

Me: *uses gonzo combo*
Him: ??? wtf was that
Me: gonzo combo
Him: Thats a dumb name

Me: *uses cook kirby*
Him: thats so cheap its undodgeable!
(Later...)
Him: *uses cook kirby*
Me: *dodge*
Him: you aren't supposed to do that!

Him: *thunder jolt x1000*
Me: *powershield x1000*
Him: Spammer!
☠ lmao, is this the same person over and over again? xD
I have another one that i remembered from a while back.
We were on the pirate ship, and he had TL. He spiked me under the water for the k.o
Him::bee:
Me::mad:
Later that match, i cutter spiked him in.
Me::laugh:
Him: :confused: How'd you do that!
☠

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom