• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is your favorite or wrost item?

OutlawStar

Smash Apprentice
Fans aren`t that bad, I don`t like cracker launchers though, they are hard to control
so I just through them. I dont like hotheads, they never work. I like pitfalls and mr. freezie.

Zaazaa0

Smash Rookie
I like the Ray Gun. If someone is in the a horizontal path of you, and they don't have a fast Up-Special, you can repeatedly blast them off the stage.
But I hate the rolling crates, since I always get pushed off the stage from them.

Krendall

Smash Rookie
Why are items so powerful?
This question seems to come up a lot in threads, I've noticed. My theory is that items were powered-up so that an unskilled fighter would have at least some chance of beating a veteran. I think this is also the reason most of the combos and strategies from Melee are gone. As for why they bothered to do this at all...I guess to encourage more online play.

Anyway, my favorite item is the Smash Ball since I've wanted super moves in SSB since the first game.

My least favorite... jeez, there are a few. Food, any gun (though I thought the charged Super Scope was a neat idea), gooey bombs, and springs probably top my list.

My usual item list for Brawls is: Smash ball, Pokéball, assist trophy, heart container, crates, Hothead, and Dragoon.

Ikenomon

Smash Apprentice
I like the deku nut because you could chuck it at people and they mostly get stunned by it. An item that I just don't like is the fan. If you are the one who is comboing people with the fan it is fairly funny, but if someone else is doing the same to you...it is just not funny and another story.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
My WROST favorite item would have to be the Time Slow down thing. Every time I get it I end up going in slow motion, but when my opponent gets it I still go in slow motion. D=<

c3gill

Smash Ace
favorite- pitfall, pokeball, smashball.

favorite for my opponent- I like when my opponents get curry, or the hammer. curry is free health, and hammers have **** priority, so they are dead.

least liked- timers, fan, and the bat.

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace
I got in late and everybody already said all mine :O
Whatever.

Like:
Home Run Bat. It makes a *****in' noise.
Pokeballs. BLAM.
Assist Trophies. They're kind of novel.
Cracker Launcher. I mostly just like it for the name.

Dislike:
Fan. I mean what the hell.
Dragoon. It's just stupid.
Smash Balls. I always always lose the race for them XD

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
I dont like any items really because there are alot of people who would jump to get the items and the second they get it they use it. The item i hate the worse it the ray gun and final smash sure others as well as my self have not trouble dodging final smash and sometimes ray gun fire but to me if you get hit with any of them its a cheap way to win(you can add in assist trophys and hammers as well) . The items I would probably like are the ones that are used for fun reasons and sorta make you look like an idiot even though its entertaining

EX:Springs & Bumbers
(I do miss the barrel cannons from the first SSB and Melee );

Kyaputen-Shado

Smash Rookie
Favorite item: Sonic's Spring. Gimping/stage spiking with it is freakin' nice :p
Seriously, I rarely play with items, even for fun. Brawl items piss me off even more than in the previous games.

FTWin

Smash Cadet
it's not "items"
item. singular.
Bumper. the only one that matters.
seriously, its the only item I really enjoy, because of how much it sucks to get hit by it lol.

spartandrew21

Smash Cadet
My favorite item is the mushroom, I love how it changes your voice and makes. I hate the bumper as it always seems to be in the most annoying places.

dragon.myrrh

Smash Rookie
Home run bats forever :D Who can resist going HRC style on CPUs [or n00bs =D]

I hate the stopwatch... it always backfires for me :(

Smash Emblem

Smash Rookie
Bomb-ombs! They are FULL of win ;). I really like chucking dem at people and watch them EXPLODE! Very kewl.

I don't like lip's stick. What is up with its name? Also, its range is too much for me!

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
I have to agree with the fan part. The fan owns anyone if you know how to use that fan. O.o Keep tapping that button. : D, and the Bat pretty much summons that up easily. >_> You toss that bat most people lose focus. Best weapons ever.

(That's how I see fit when I play brawl. XD )

The worse item... I hate the hammer instant kill, and..... The bombs. Why not blow people up? XD Oh well.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Best: Fan, one of my best items in combat even better than the smash ball IMO.

Worst: Clock or whatever its called, reason why is because it can slow you down if you grab it and even if you do slow down the person after you hit them the go flying and you can't really combo them after that.

I usually don't play with items though.

Yosheon

Smash Cadet
Smash balls, assist trophies, and pokeballs are my favorite items.

The only item I dislike is the invincibility star.

Alessandra

Smash Apprentice
I love the bumper and bat best. The bumper just makes for epic lulz, as well as the bat.

Worst would be the clocks.

Vect0r

Smash Journeyman
Bumpers are really fun. It's hilarious to trap the CPU with it.

Mr. Saturn is pointless. Like we didn't have enough Earthbound crap in Brawl already (like Lucas... just kidding guys)

urfat

Smash Cadet
lol BUMPERS are helluv funny, but prolly pokeballs my favorite...but i hate trophies, they just bug me, they usually barely even effect anything but for some reason i go for them and right when you try to use them you get slapped in the jaw... oi vey!

Cook Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Love the home-run bat. Seriously, who doesn't?
Hate the fire-flower. It's just there to give people a chance to rack up damage on someone while annoying them in the most infuriating way possible.

Top Bottom