• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is your favorite or wrost item?

Blissard

Smash Lord
i dont really like items in general, as it makes the game based more on luck rather than skill. still, smartbombs can be somewhat fun, and smash balls simply because a final smash counts as an attack (technically of course), and usually, final smashes look cool.

LucasKing

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1934-1139-2255
I love the freaking Baseball Bat :p a
I hate the freaking rocket launcher (the thing can kill you in 4 hit in the air (5 counting the one too get you into the air)

Also the evil fans don't affect me too much because of PK fire :) take that you evil item that can get you 200% in 1 minute!

LucasKing

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1934-1139-2255
i dont really like items in general, as it makes the game based more on luck rather than skill. still, smartbombs can be somewhat fun, and smash balls simply because a final smash counts as an attack (technically of course), and usually, final smashes look cool.
Yes they look cool but if your an annoying Sonic user then it can kill you twice if you can't dodge too well!

Pro_Brawler

Smash Rookie
I like the smash ball(of course), the baseball bat and the cracker launcher

I hate everything that heals you unless its me who gets it

Psycho Meta Knight

Smash Apprentice
Best item is the bat. It's a perfect progectile kill, or homerun noob killer. I even know how to catch/steal it if someone throws it at me.

The worst item is defenetly metal box. I die when I'm metal. Much too heavy. Fall off the edge and it's all over. And when other ppl have it. They never get stunned, just barge throw my attacks and fsmash me.

Itazuki

Smash Cadet
I usually just turn items off, but in an items match, I try to go for the motion sensor bomb. I think of it as a gamble since the first person to either forget about it or gets trapped into it gets punished, making the game more interesting.

I hate the smash balls, dragoon parts, and golden hammers. I hate anything that's insta-kill (without a ridiculously long charge), especially when you have final smashes like the landmaster that can easily kill everyone on the field once and potentially twice.

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
By far, the Beam Sword AKA Ultima Sword/Atma Weapon... I love :colorful::hunger::heart: double-smashing with that thing! (except I can't use Bombs as Link... :()

PokeBalls and Assist Trophies are fun to use...IMO, the Pokemon in this game are less...helpful, in a sense. I mean, legendaries are even rarer now, and some Pokemon are just...lazy with attacks. When I throw a PokeBall, I expect damage to be dealt harshly to the opponent. But when Gardevoir, Gulpin, Metagross, Weavile, Wobbuffet, Munchlax, and Moltres come out, I get aggravated because they hardly pop up when you need them...
Weavile can fall off the stage easily near the ledge, Gulpin and Metagross require you to maneuver the opponent toward them, Gardevoir is useless against non-projectile foes, Wobbuffet and Munchlax can commonly prove themselves to be detriments instead of allies, and Moltres is supposed to be powerful but requires contact with the foe (which again, necessitates maneuvering.)
I mean, what happened to Unown, Beedrill, Scizor, Zapdos, Articuno, Raikou, Blastoise, Venusaur, Weezing...I'll give Melee some credit, when you threw a PokeBall in that game, the Pokemon would more-often-than-not do something useful.

Super Scope is very fun to annoy people with...when charged up, I feel like I'm Samus for a while :)

Super Mushroom FTW!

Smart Bombs look awesome (I love the detail with the explosions) and have a sort of "vacuum-explode" effect, which is nice.

Home-Run Bats are fun to use when smashed, but are a bit too predictable to rely on much...

Super-spicy Curry is very fun to trap people with... I feel that the FireFlower should have had its effect from the start instead...

Golden Hammer seems redundant, but hey... Hammer or Golden Hammer, the opponent is (usually) screwed! :smash::roll:

Warp Star and Dragoon are awesome as well. IMO, the Hydra should've have been what the Dragoon is, with the Dragoon becoming either a multi-use Warp Star or a mechanism akin to Super Sonic/Volt Tackle...

The Smash Ball is full of EPICNESS...until the foe grabs it, that is. I love how it can showcase your character's awesomeness, but I absolutely HATE how the foe can steal it in an instant after you've spent time racking up damage on it, being only a simple sword-slash away from obtaining its power... :( :mad: :mad: :mad: :chainsaw::grrr:

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
my favorite item is, without a doubt, soccer ball. you can make custom stages and play sports, do epic amounts of damage, and make pretty much any move a projectile. i HATE starman. he gives invincibility, which completley ruins any fighting potentual, and just isnt cool

yoda

Smash Rookie
the best items are poke balls and beam sword for sure. well, the best thing about pokemons are that the three rare pokemons (celebi, mew and one more) may leave stickers and cds and sometimes a powerful pokeball which creates a huge circle of fire. the worst item is... i guess the baseball bat cuz it is so op.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I like the low-risk low-reward items like food and sandbags and beamswords and star rods and screw attacks and franklin badges and *rambles*

Waddle DeeDeeDee

Smash Rookie
the best items are poke balls and beam sword for sure. well, the best thing about pokemons are that the three rare pokemons (celebi, mew and one more) may leave stickers and cds and sometimes a powerful pokeball which creates a huge circle of fire. the worst item is... i guess the baseball bat cuz it is so op.
Jirachi.

My all-time favorite items are the Soccer Ball, Smart Bomb, Assist Trophy and Poke Ball.
They may all be cheap, but cheapness is the power that Smash Bros. lives on.

I could easily use the Soccer Ball to start a combo, while I can get a new player with a Smart Bomb.

As for the other two.. Everyone needs help once in a while. Why not get some giant sea turtle to screech and poo on your enemies? (actually, that would be sweeet) :chuckle:

As for my LEAST favorite items, Unira and Mr. Saturn get my vote. Sure, Mr. Saturns (saturnesses? saturni? saturnpeople?) are cute and all, but they do average damage for a projectile. Uniras are just annoying, especially when someone places one right on a ledge so you can't recover. Sorta like an automatic edgeguarding spikey death ball. (Here's looking at you, :metaknight:!)​

bibleonian

Smash Apprentice
Although I liked it when i first got brawl: the dragoon....after those parts show up then it takes 5 minutes for someone to finish it and you lose a piece from one jab. Add some of the assist trophies in there (tingle (WHY do people like him so much or find him to be an important character?!!?), the devil, that stupid rotating platform that is absolutely useless) The stars are just annoying as well. Someone gets it and it's just cat and mouse. But aside from the craptacular items; the good assists and some of the final smashes. Add in the beam sword and the rolling crates and barrels. It's always a good time when a barrel spawns on a slanted platform and rolls right towards you and smashes into you as you're jumping in that area and kills you.

D

Deleted member

I don't like items that much. I enjoyed Pokeballs and Assist Trophies. I'm glad we have an option to turn off containers. I hated those because they sometimes act as bombs if you hit them. I don't like hammers except for n64 because in melee and brawl, they're sometimes a dud.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
My favourite item is the home-run bat. It's versatile - a long range battering item, a high risk - high reward K.O. item, and hits hard when thrown.

My least favourite item is the team healer.

TigerBizNiz

Smash Apprentice
Personally, I hate items in general. But if I had to choose an item that I like it would be the green shell because I love those jumping techniques that you could do with them. It's takes time to master, but it's a really good defense mechanic. As for an item I hate, I'd probably go with the smash balls. It's pretty obvious why.. they almost always guarantee you an automatic win.. assuming you're using a character with a powerful final smash that is.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
I like using Smash Balls, Smart Bombs, and the occasional Super Scope.

Screw Timers, Dragoon Parts, and Poisonous Mushrooms. Definitely out.

And what's the point of using Springs?

Baseball Bat + Soccer Ball = M-M-M-MONSTER KILL.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
My favorite is Mr. Saturn just for the fact that I annoy people when they charge at me and I throw it at their face mid-approach every time.

My least favorite has to be the fan. I always dart to it and throw it offstage the second it shows up.

Sen. Sawft

Professional Laundry Folder
NNID
Sawft
3DS FC
4940-6793-4197
It rustles my jimmies that almost nobody listed their favs as Bumpers.
Fav: Bumper
Least Fav: Stop clock or Smart Bomb

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The Smash Ball is my overall favorite item in the game.
As far as the ones I don't like? I would have to say it's a tie between the fan and the poison mushroom.

Top Bottom