• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is your favorite Mafia role?

Favorite Role?

• Total voters

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Fairly straightforward question, right? What is your favorite role: the role you like to play as the most, the role you look forward to and cross your fingers when opening your role PM, the role you think about constantly when game-designing, your favorite role! And, well... why?

Florida

イーグランツ
I think the game is definitely easier if you are Mafia, because you don't have to stress to try and figure out who is who. If you're Mafia, then really the entire game becomes like a show: You can really just sit back, throw a couple of posts here and there, and enjoy. I don't mind being Mafia at all.

But I think that it's more exciting to have a Town power role (such as the Cop or Vigilante). I also wouldn't mind the Serial Killer. :p

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Man, really tough question actually, so many fun rolesXD I would have to say watcher though. It's easy to find town prs and severely limit who can be mafia, and at the same time can find the mafia, just all around a fun role^.^

Yaya

Smash Champion
I love Lyncher, it's so fun to think of a way to make your target look guilty and get him lynched, and you don't have to worry about making others look guilty either!

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I picked Mafia goon, just because I've only been the mafia once, and it was in an RL game, but I actually kicked *** and won! by throwing my unwitting partner under the bus on like D2 (mwa ha ha!).

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Bulletproof:
frozenflame751

hahaha okay, I laughed when I saw this. Poor frozenflame.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Heh, I was completely expecting that that would be Frozen's favorite role. It's the only thing preventing him from being the N1 NK.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol what I can say, I love mafia and being able to play full games makes the game that much more exhilarating. Dying night one every friggin game gets annoying. =P It's like, you can't even get into it because because you're dead before anything important happens.

So yeah, being bulletproof is by far my fav role to have. I'd rather have to die either as punishment for screwing up, or by being out persuaded by someone, not just because mafiats/SKs/vigs are afraid of me or don't trust me and just don't want to have to deal with me. XD

Sort of in tandem with loving being bulletproof, being an SK (who are typically bullet proof) is another favorite role of mine. I love the freedom of playstyle it allows for.

Handorin

Smash Hero
lol what I can say, I love mafia and being able to play full games makes the game that much more exhilarating. Dying night one every friggin game gets annoying. =P It's like, you can't even get into it because because you're dead before anything important happens.

So yeah, being bulletproof is by far my fav role to have. I'd rather have to die either as punishment for screwing up, or by being out persuaded by someone, not just because mafiats/SKs/vigs are afraid of me or don't trust me and just don't want to have to deal with me. XD

Sort of in tandem with loving being bulletproof, being an SK (who are typically bullet proof) is another favorite role of mine. I love the freedom of playstyle it allows for.

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
I like the cultist, simply because he can really spice up a game if he recruits enough people.

Swiss

Smash Lord
I have no idea what half these roles are.

For me doc or cop would be ideal, town roles are more fun plus you'd get that agonising wait and spend hours trying to second guess people (wifom wifom).

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
We need to repost this poll and add in rogue...

Seriously, how does jester have a vote for best role?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I don't think I've ever had a town power role but anything non-mafia I look forward to. Serial Killer is fun. That or anything town aligned.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Cop, cause it forces to matain a certain balance of towniness/scumminess to advoid lynches and nks. Also, you have to be smart with your investingations, cause everyone last one could be your last.

Town roles in general are more fun to play. Having near everything laid out for you at the beginning (assuming you're in the mafia with no other other anti-town teams, except maybe serial killer) is boring.

M.K

Level 55
My favorite role that I've BEEN is Double Voter.
My favorite role that I wish I used before I was lynched was Absorber.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I've never been bulletproof, but I've never lived past D1 of mafia without replacing in, so I suspect it would be a role I like :(

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
In completed games,. I'd have had vanilla townie, town vig who got converted into mafia goon, mafia goon, and serial killer. Serial killer was by far the most fun role, I'd take that role anytime. It's easy to appear town because you don't have to defend anyone like you would as mafia, so there's little to no chance to scum slip. It's hard to win but fun to play.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've never been bulletproof, but I've never lived past D1 of mafia without replacing in, so I suspect it would be a role I like :(
You should read some old school games out of the archives. There's a very good reason why I voted bulletproof here.

You'll never know my pain. =P

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Reminds me of paranoiafia... Ugh, I got a cop role, but hit a PGO and died N0 in that one. (And then found out postgame that the cop role was useless anyway.)

Top Bottom