• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What irritates you the most online in brawl?

S.B.Soldier

Smash Journeyman
biggest downfalls of wi-fi/online brawling
* L-A-G-G-I-N-G!
* lack of ranking system
* lack of mlg recognition (of ranking)
* you can never find battles (it takes forever)
* there is no downloadable content (we'd all pay $50 for new characters... i mean c'mon i want mewtwo and Dr. Mario back!

Marufuji Ryo

Smash Apprentice
I hate but enjoy the fact that people online in Basic Brawl disconnect when I am thrashing them to oblivion, the little kiddies and campers just can't stand losing for once.

Lust34

Smash Rookie
well i try not to take online brawl seriously i do it more for fun and for the lulz

but hey if nintendo ever decides to fix the delay on online gaming itll be great =D

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
• Lag.
• When CPUs take up the place after players leaving the match.
• Spammers on With Anyone.
• Waiting for players on With Anyone.
• When people declines me from joining. (I've had this and they never let me join a lot)
• When I start a brawl and say anyone can join, they won't join.

And more. >w>

IchigoKurosaki9999

Smash Rookie
Lag, when people disconnect when they are losing, making stupid little easily avoidable mistakes, and SPAMMERS! Although I have to admit I do spam a little (when in tight situations).

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Ike
Pikachu
Top tier chars
Lag
People who select horrible stages, or put items on
Campers, stallers and Spammers, though I will spam back if this happens to me
People who Disconnect when losing, though that means I'm intimidate some of my opponents
Making stupid mistakes which makes noobish players gloat and brag.

Certain situations
Ex.: My Pit vs a noobish player who picked Dedede + Green Greens, Infinite CG on wall = "I'm done for..."
That actually did happen before.

I think there was more, but that's all I could think of.

Gnes

Smash Master
How things that shouldnt work work...why characters who should suck now are slightly decent...how easily it is to camp...how i cant powershield everything like offline..

GAWs down throw
DKs random smashes=win
Wolf=Bair >F-smash=win
Cant punish stupid mistakes

I have so many more

Gothic Zelda

Smash Apprentice
Button input lag that either turns my tilts into smasmes (Nothing more fun then decayed attack on last stock or keeps my tilts doing (Tried to do a dsmash and kept tilting, getting me a tasty fsmash)
Lag spikes that ruin my recovery (I try aiming for the edge with a farore's wind, lag spikes, I go straight up and can't do anything but watch Zelda fall to her doom)
Huuuuuuuge lag (freezing the game long enough for me to actually go to the bathroom and get a snack)
Spammers+the input lag
people on ladders who dispute and have the balls to say you're the one who disputed (not that serious >.>)
Meta knight (Can't beat a good one online to save my life...)

wangston

Smash Lord
Online and it's lag. It makes camping elventy million times better than offline makes it. Screw spamming camping noobs.

xzerolegend

Smash Cadet
this irritates me more then anything else. when i play some 3 person ffa's with some freinds online. usualy on FD. they each take over a ledge. im stuck in the middle and go after one of them to take over their ledge. but they dont ever give it up. when i attack one the other always either stays on there side and spams projectiles or runs over and smashes me while im about to ko the other guy and then ledge gaurds both of us. and when i KO one of them, they come at me even harder. never going after the other one whos camping and winning. and then after the match one of them will be mad telling me to stop only going after them.

wtf!!@#

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
What if it really is lag, though?
Tough ****, I say. It's an expected part of online play, so deal with it or stop playing online.

Complaining about the game for lagging is like complaining about Ice Climbers for CGing. You know it's probably going to do it, so you should expect it and be working AROUND it.

Lloyd_

Smash Rookie
the lag... and de kings dede de atak...... all time they absorbe me.... and.... he and me die ehan he had very much %

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
When I lose a life and some one does a taunt.
Wait, really? How long have you been playing Smash Bros? Even the computer does this. :laugh:

Actually, I barely even notice it when it happens nowadays, it's such a cliche. Now, if someone taunts you right to your FACE, that's some REAL mindgames, there.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Luckily there's no way of talking or typing messages online in random battles, otherwise putting up with little kids yelling at you would be another problem...

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
When you pull an epic match-up with people who actually want to play, and no one at all can communicate or swap friend codes. It irritates me.

Had some epic brawls that ended with me and a Green Fire Suit Luigi. We got paired with computers. So, we did like any self-respecting Brawlers would do. We teamed on them. Our second battle I chose Fire Suit Mario for lols, and the Mario bros owned the hell outta the computers. We even tied in the end and just taunted a bunch in the Sudden Death before he ran off.

Darn. I really just hate that.

CaCa

Smash Rookie
I hate people that don't know the buttons. Wether its the A or B, I usaly have to fight people that spam there Eather or Falcon Punch or with the A button, only smash attacks. They should combine there attacks, or they just get there *** kicked by me (A).

DDM

Smash Journeyman
I've been itching at the chance to post how much I hate this.

I can't stand the complete d-bag idiots who just go online to pick Hyrule Temple, stand around (or run around) and taunt all day. Call me crazy but that sounds like a complete waste of 50 bucks. Unless you really get that much satisfaction out of going online just to wreck other people's matches. Morons.

At any rate, as a Sonic player I probably contribute to some of the hate for Sonic. When somebody whiffs on a powerful attack or I beat them in Sudden Death, I take the time to remind them that they are in fact too slow. :-D

Top Bottom