What indie character do you want to see/think is likely?

Paraster

Smash Apprentice
I've felt for a while that Smash Bros. adding an indie fighter is both inevitable and necessary. Between how many potentially great fighters there are and how large and significant indies have become, it would frankly be shocking if they don't end up adding even a single indie fighter.

My top choice for both desire and likelihood is Quote from Cave Story. His game is often considered the quintessential indie game (or, at least, it filled this role earlier in the history of indies), it has appeared on Nintendo consoles multiple times, and his multiple different guns could make for interesting attacks.

Other choices I'd like to give an honorable mention to include Reimu (Touhou), Shantae, Shovel Knight, Cadence (Crypt of the NecroDancer), the Knight (Hollow Knight), Kris (Deltarune), Frisk (Undertale), and Hat Kid (A Hat In Time).

RetrogamerMax

Smash Hero
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
While I wouldn't say a Indie fighter in Ultimate is likely or not, I believe a Indie rep is inevitable for Smash at some point. The 3 prime contenders for the first ever Indie rep I would say would be Reimu, Shantae, and Quote. All 3 being pioneers of the genre before I believe the term "Indie" was being used.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
None. Not because I am against them, but because I would rather the upcoming DLCs be focused on Nintendo properties.

That said, I think Shovel Knight would be cool, but he is an Assist Trophy already. Cave Story is one of the first popular indie games, so his inclusion would be neat (with a Curly Brace alt), but he is not very popular these days. Frisk or Sans is the most likely, though, based on popularity alone.

I would rather not have stuff like Shantae but that is just me.

Top Bottom