• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Game Should I Get?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
lolz sorry. how easy is it to find tales, or any of the games sumo mentioned.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
no i havent i heard its pretty good tho

sumo GET AT ME mayne...moar melee

how easy are these to find?
Yeah, like hopefully when I get my income tax I'll have some money for a few tournies and hopefully I'll be able to get rides. Then we'll find out how to meet up in which tournies and such, bro. ;3 We'll talk more about it, like tommorow.

Skies of Arcadia, dunno how hard/easy it is to find, or Custom Robo. xD I got them from friends, actually.

BloodyPuppy

Smash Journeyman
Let's see, Sanity's Requiem is a good horror game if you're into that kind of thing (not an RPG but good), I second Skies of Arcadia Legends, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (don't think it was mentioned), and though I haven't playe it I've heard good things about Megaman X: Command Mission from friends.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
X-Men Legends is one of two RPG games, the other being Pokemon Colosseum, in my small GC collection, so I'll suggest that.

My knowledge of GC games= 0.

Sensai

Smash Master
Overlord: I would also suggest getting Mega Man 1 and 2 if you're looking for a real hard session of getting your *** kicked, retro style.

:-D

Donut!

Smash Apprentice
Overlord: I would also suggest getting Mega Man 1 and 2 if you're looking for a real hard session of getting your *** kicked, retro style.

:-D
Nothing can induce baby-punching levels of anger the way a Mega Man session can, except maybe having your stars stolen in Mario Party...

Sensai

Smash Master
Nothing can induce baby-punching levels of anger the way a Mega Man session can, except maybe having your stars stolen in Mario Party...
Actually, the hardest boss I have ever come across is in Mega Man X6 (surely only 3 people were actually paying for these games by this point; my roommate brought the anniversary collection and I figured I'd play them for continuity's sake). It's the first boss of the first castle level...and I literally cannot beat me.

It is impossible. :-/

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Here's a tougher PS3 question since the last one was kind of one-sided.

LittleBigPlanet or Fallout 3? They both look really neat, but I'm not sure about the atmosphere in fallout.

Sensai

Smash Master
WaterTails, did you play Oblivion? If so, did you like it? If you answer yes to both, you'll like it.

Apparently, LBP is amazing though...so, whatever floats your boat.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
The Phoenix Wright trilogy would not be as cheap as the above, but they hold a lot of gameplay in them.
This may be a little late, and possibly just exclusive to me, but I actually found Justice for All and Trials & Tribulations for $13 and $20, respectively -- not uber cheap, but not really that bad. I already had the first one, so I wasn't looking for it, and I'm not sure how much that'd be. But overall, yeah, they're definitely worth it.

JDM

Smash Champion
Persona 4 or chrono trigger?

Which one has a longer gameplay/replay value?

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
Persona 4 or chrono trigger?

Which one has a longer gameplay/replay value?
If you have never played Chrono Trigger get it.

If you have played Chrono Trigger on the SNES, get Persona 4

Also should I get Bango Spirits (I think thats what is called)
or should I get Castlevania Order of Eccelisia(probaly mispelled the E word.)

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Blasphemous as it may be, I'm enjoying P4 more than I ever did Chrono Trigger. I think that's one of those games that people are too lenient on just because of it's legacy. So JDM...ideally you'd get both, but if it's just one or the other, I say Persona 4. You're looking specifically for replay/longevity, which Persona has Trigger beaten in by a landslide.

@SSJ5Goku8932: It depends on your tastes. Bangai-O Spirits has a short, boring main game...but becomes infinitely more fun and almost endlessly-replayable when you get into the level editor. If you haven't played it or the original...the best way I can describe it is that it's what you'd get if you took one of the older Contra games' overhead stages, put about 10x as many bullets on the screen, and added a combo system that builds for each bullet you destroy. Now keep in mind that your primary ammunition are missiles that create large explosions, and each bullet that explodes creates an equally-large explosion...which often leads to awesomely-slowdown-inducing chain reactions.

On the other hand, Order of Ecclesia has a great main game that so happens to be very, very long-lasting. I easily topped off the in-game clock within about a month of owning it...but I'm one of those diehard fans that has to do everything in every Castlevania game. Even still, the main game is around 20 hours long, and when you factor in hidden levels, an alternate main game with a different player character, and a CRAPLOAD of stuff to collect...you'd be playing for a while.

Essentially what it comes down to is the raw energy of Bangai-O's gameplay vs. Ecclesia's time-tested gameplay and excellent plot/leveling system.

...Unless you can find a copy of Bangai-O for sub-$20, you'd probably be better off with Ecclesia. Unless really hard bosses tick you off. XP

dagron

Smash Rookie
Shadow of the colossus, 20$ for a ride you will never forget.
And Ico but if you do be prepared to lead a girl with severe ADHD around a castle for 6 hours :D

Sensai

Smash Master
OK, I have a question.

Me and my mates recently sat down and, over the course of 2 days, beat Marvel Ultimate Alliance, a fun beat-em-up. We all enjoyed the fact that it was very chaotic and just kinda silly; we didn't really need anything much more strategic. Hell, we didn't even watch the cut scenes or read anything, we just skipped everything and beat the hell outta the bad guys.

Are there any other games like this? Thanks in advance.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I swear I'd responded to your Disgaea question earlier today, SSJ5. Hm. Anyway, in short: if you've yet to play the original Disgaea, then pick it up (I assume you mean Disgaea DS), since it's an updated port of the original PS2 game. However if you've played the PS2 original or the PSP Disgaea, then you've already played Disgaea DS.

Luminous Arc was an okay game, but nowhere near as good as Disgaea. Granted, I haven't and probably won't play the sequel, but from what I've heard it's your typical sequel: better overall, but still just more of the same.

@Sensai: Both X-Men Legends games are good bets, as is Hunter: The Reckoning.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Everyone should get Okami... Like actually, get it :p

Do it now.
Hey! Some of us did it like, way back in 2006. When the thing came out, y'know. On the PS2. Seriously though, it really is awesome. Buy it so Capcom has reason to make a second one--the ending is wide open!

What's a good platformer? One that has lot's of jumping but very few baddies?
N+ for the DS. There's almost as much walljumping as there is regular platform to platform stuff...but the whole idea behind it is not so much to defeat enemies and rescue the princess as it is to perform really flippin' cool strings of flips and jumps, while racing to beat the clock (or not).

It's on the DS, it's about 20$...look into it.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Who wants to loan me $500 or so so I can get a PS3 and Killzone 2 in a few weeks?
Killzone 2 isn't worth $500, man. I haven't even played it, but I can safely say that no videogame is worth that much money.

Least of all Killzone with (much) better graphics. Which is apparently all Killzone 2 is.

N+ sounds like a good game, but I was thinking of 3D platformers.

Galaxy was awesome, but I really like the genre, and one good game isn't enough.
Okay then, go for de Blob, on Wii.

...It might help if you gave me some more specifics, like what systems you own, and if you're looking for a current game (de Blob, N+) or are open to last-gen or further back games.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Okay then, go for de Blob, on Wii.

...It might help if you gave me some more specifics, like what systems you own, and if you're looking for a current game (de Blob, N+) or are open to last-gen or further back games.
de Blob sounds interesting. I'll look into it. Thanks!

To be specific, I'm looking for a 3D platformer for the wii. I especially like ones that involve tough thinking puzzles, and the ones that are all around hard are always fun, so long as the difficulty doesn't stem from bad controls and cameras.

Akiak

Smash Ace
The Halloween Captain, de Blob IS a 3D puzzle platformer for Wii. Another alternative is Super Paper Mario. 3D and 2D flipping is a lot of fun and there's some nice puzzles, but they're a bit easy.
Finally, there's Zack and Wiki which is full of hard puzzles.

What games for Wii and DS involve creating stuff? I especially like games that let you create your own game and stuff like that like Drawn To Life (awesome).

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Super Smash Bros Brawl has a stage builder...

But to be honest, the Wii is probably the worst system for that. Xbox 360 has Halo 3 with the passable Forge and the well known Banjo Kazoiee Nuts and Bolts, and the PS3 has the well-known Little Big Planet. There might be a Lego something-or-other like that on one of the Nintendo systems with that feature, but I have no idea which Lego games might have such custom content.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
The Halloween Captain, de Blob IS a 3D puzzle platformer for Wii. Another alternative is Super Paper Mario. 3D and 2D flipping is a lot of fun and there's some nice puzzles, but they're a bit easy.
Finally, there's Zack and Wiki which is full of hard puzzles.

What games for Wii and DS involve creating stuff? I especially like games that let you create your own game and stuff like that like Drawn To Life (awesome).
Akiak, Blast Works does allow you to create your own shooter levels as well as your own ships and enemies. But the gameplay is pretty simplistic and not that great of a game visually. Boom Blox also allows for you to create your own levels and gives you plenty of pieces to do that. Those are the only two games that com to mind presently.

Top Bottom