• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Game Should I Get?

Crystallion

Smash Ace
I will try with the guitar ^^;

I know there aren't many Wii games worth playing, and I would even buy myself an X-Box 360 just for some more multiplayer games to play with my family (and of course for myself, I'd very much like an XBox ^^)

Thanks for the advice!

EDIT: Wii Sports...my stepdad was completely fascinated by it, and addicted to tennis ^^;

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Then you don't like one of the greatest traditional fighters of all time. :ohwell:

...Anyway, as long as your definition of "traditional" includes 3D fighters, then Virtua Fighter 5 is your best option.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I need help! I'm getting a PSP for Christmas, and I have absolutely no clue which games to get for it. I wasn't expecting to get one for a while, so I haven't done much research.... but in general I like RPGs, platforms, and time-wasting sims I can zone out to (like Harvest Moon/Rune Factory).

Some of my favorite games are Kingdom Hearts, Okami, Mario Kart, Rune Factory, Final Fantasy (I've just started getting into the series, so chances are I haven't played it if you suggest it), Katamari Damacy, GTA, and basically every platformer (Mario, Kirby, Yoshi...).

I'm looking for 1 or 2 games. I might get The World Ends With You for my DS as one of the two, but I really want to get a good collection going for my PSP.

Oh, and my sister's getting me Crisis Core: FFVII for X-mas.

Suggestions? :confused:

Omis

my friends were skinny
Then you don't like one of the greatest traditional fighters of all time. :ohwell:

...Anyway, as long as your definition of "traditional" includes 3D fighters, then Virtua Fighter 5 is your best option.
By traditional I meant non gimmicky. Nothing like Brawl or Facebreaker.
I need help! I'm getting a PSP for Christmas, and I have absolutely no clue which games to get for it. I wasn't expecting to get one for a while, so I haven't done much research.... but in general I like RPGs, platforms, and time-wasting sims I can zone out to (like Harvest Moon/Rune Factory).

Some of my favorite games are Kingdom Hearts, Okami, Mario Kart, Rune Factory, Final Fantasy (I've just started getting into the series, so chances are I haven't played it if you suggest it), Katamari Damacy, GTA, and basically every platformer (Mario, Kirby, Yoshi...).

I'm looking for 1 or 2 games. I might get The World Ends With You for my DS as one of the two, but I really want to get a good collection going for my PSP.

Oh, and my sister's getting me Crisis Core: FFVII for X-mas.

Suggestions? :confused:
Lumines and Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops are pretty good.

kid x

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, what are your opinions on Bomberman Blast, Tetris Party, and Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars? By the way, these are all on the Wii.

Also, anyone know of any good fighting games for Wii? (Besides Brawl and Mortal Kombat.)

Darkslash

Smash Master

:

If your Starting on Final Fantasy go get Final Fantasy I and II for the PSP. The sprites are well detailed and all the bonus content that they introduced to Dawn of Souls is there.

Ohh look i can tell the White mage is a girl. yay. Also in Summer 09 PSP users are getting

DISSIDIA:Final Fantasy
Kingdom Hearts:Birth by Sleep

and DS users are Getting one of the most prettiest DS games

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. LOOK AT THIS

Plus if your DS lite is okay i would consider waiting to see if Square will decided to also release a planned DSi-358/2 days combo, that they are releasing in Japan.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
@omis?: Thank you! I'll definitely check those out.

@Darkslash: Ahh, I can't wait for the new KH games! I asked for a PSP just so I could play Birth by Sleep, lol.... but then I realized I should maybe get some other games for it too. :laugh:

Thanks for the FF suggestions. I'll look at those too.

Sensai

Smash Master
@ KayLo!: You definitely wanna pick up Final Fantasy Tactics for the PSP. If I recall correctly, it's a remake/enhancement of the original PS game...which is one of my top 5 games of all time for the narrative alone.

That being said, it's atypical for a Final Fantasy game and unless you're into strategy based RPGs, you probably won't like it.

@ kid x: I personally love Super Mario RPG, although at least one other person here will tell you it's not worth the money (they're wrong, of course :-D). And I don't think you can ever go wrong with Bomberman, although I admittedly know nothing about this new one.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
What game would you recommend for the Wii, Force Unleashed or Call of Duty World at War?

I'm a fan of FPS games, but is the story mode any good?

Alzi

Smash Master
Call of duty world at war is your better game, to go with. The story mode is not so bad and it's all about the online that counts.

Although it is best on the PC and the 360 but it's ok on the wii too.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Thank you.

I may have a look at it in the future, because I'm not going to pay full price for a game I'm not really sure about.

I'll probably pick up Star Wars first, but I may get CoD sometime.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
@ KayLo!: You definitely wanna pick up Final Fantasy Tactics for the PSP. If I recall correctly, it's a remake/enhancement of the original PS game...which is one of my top 5 games of all time for the narrative alone.

That being said, it's atypical for a Final Fantasy game and unless you're into strategy based RPGs, you probably won't like it.
Hmm... I haven't played many strategy RPGs, but I took a look at some reviews and videos on YouTube, and this one definitely looks interesting.

Gaah, I have so much to consider now! Thank you. :)

kid x

Smash Apprentice
@ kid x: I personally love Super Mario RPG, although at least one other person here will tell you it's not worth the money (they're wrong, of course :-D). And I don't think you can ever go wrong with Bomberman, although I admittedly know nothing about this new one.
Ok, thanks Sensai. I watched some videos on youtube and reviews of Super Mario RPG and Bomberman and I thought it looked good to me. It seems that Super Mario RPG is long, is it?

Zjiin

Smash Master
Super Mario RPG is definitely worth getting. I'm not sure which you guys are talking about but no bomberman beats Bomberman 64.

kid x

Smash Apprentice
Hey Zjiin, is Super Mario RPG long (like the hours it takes to complete the game).

Also, we were talking about Bomberman Blast which is a WiiWare game.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Thank you.

I may have a look at it in the future, because I'm not going to pay full price for a game I'm not really sure about.

No don't get Star Wars first. The scores were good but the Light Saber combat was sad compared to No More Heroes. If your getting Unleashed becuase of Light Saber Combat don't get it. Plus NMH at it's highest is 20$, its almost a steal.

Call of duty I would get so you can beat the n00b rush.

Hey Zjiin, is Super Mario RPG long (like the hours it takes to complete the game).
If i remember the Level cap isn't that high(30) but the EXP is ridiculous so it may be 5-10 hours.

Pikminmaniac

Smash Cadet
Should I download Yoshi's Story on the Virtual Console? I love Yoshi's Island to pieces, but I realize this game is nothing like that. I am a gaming completionist, so keep in mind that I will try and get everything.

Alzi

Smash Master
Thank you.

It's always better to wait in the future since the price will drop espially after new years.

Sensai

Smash Master
@ Pikminmaniac: I also love Pikmin. And I dunno about Yoshi's Story for the 64. I remember having a blast with it, but I also remember thinking it was REALLY short and that was when I was like 12 :-/. I dunno. It's fun, but I'm not sure it's worth your 10 bucks.

@ kid x: No, it's not long by any standards of the word. It should take you maybe 15 hours if you're the type who enjoys doing things outside of the main quest (and 20 hours would be pretty much EVERYTHING).

It's also not hard, at all. Don't expect any amount of difficulty from it. What you SHOULD expect is a fairly witty narrative and some of the best music that the SNES ever saw. Oh, and Geno.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon or FFXII-Revenant Wings seem like good strategy RPG games.

I don't have a DS, but these are the two games that seem similar to that.

Other people will be able to give you better advice :laugh:

Sensai

Smash Master
@ Proud Smash N00b: Actually, my advice isn't much better...Fire Emblem games are fairly close to Advance Wars, with a bit more emphasis on the characters and not losing them (less like chess, more like war).

Um...and that's about it as far as I can think. I guess you could go for Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced 2 or whatever it's called, but (I'M BIASED ALERT) it's storyline is pretty childish.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Could anybody recommend any good DS games that take a while to complete?

Darkslash

Smash Master
You got Pokemon? I got 44 hours logged into it and still not done.

Umm Call of Duty world at war DS is fun. The single player is a bit short but has 20 challenges and Online Multi.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I was thinking of picking up some wii games but I already own almost all the "good" games and the rest are midiocre or worse. Should I save my money and wait till "good" games begin to come out in 09?

-:bowser:Bowser King

Darkslash

Smash Master
Well Madworld and House of the Dead Over kill are coming Q1. Then the Conduit is coming out In Q2. It depends on your tastes.

If you like shooting stuff wait for the Conduit.

If you like on rails HotD, and if you don't get a Second Wii mote becuase they have official dual wielding mode.

Madworld if you want to show the world your mad tearing skills.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
You got Pokemon? I got 44 hours logged into it and still not done.

Umm Call of Duty world at war DS is fun. The single player is a bit short but has 20 challenges and Online Multi.
I might get Ranger 2 and Explorers of Darkness before Pearl, but I'll pick that up eventually.

I've only just finished Leaf Green :laugh:

I might get Sonic Rush Adventure, The World Ends With You, Appollo Justice, or a Pokemon game.

Pas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Antilochos
3DS FC
2277-6656-7895
World at Goo, Frown. I haven't played it, mind, but this seems to be the general consensus.

Alzi

Smash Master
Should I save my money and wait till "good" games begin to come out in 09?

Yes you should. When i got the wii i waited until a good game came out and then super mario rpg came out so that was the only reason i bought my wii points. Wait until 09 is the better choice. They might also release earthbound :D I also like the little thing you do at the end of each post lol.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Yes you should. When i got the wii i waited until a good game came out and then super mario rpg came out so that was the only reason i bought my wii points. Wait until 09 is the better choice. They might also release earthbound :D I also like the little thing you do at the end of each post lol.
Ahhh...ok. I was thinking that would be the best choice. '09 is shaping up to be a pretty good year so I think I'll pass on buying games now (even though I always have an itch to spend my money).

chriskikz

Smash Cadet
Recommendations!!!!!!11

Might I say that there are many games I would recommend and trust me I am quite the all around gamer....
COD5 (great game esspecially the bonus minigame nazi zombies)
Soul Caliber IV (OMG godliness awesome game is a need in the game cabinet
Ninja Gaiden II (lots of blood, gore, ninjas, and just all around awesomeness but if you dont like blood and gore: do not buy this game.....lots of it)
COD4 (great game all around love it terrific online play if your into it)
Thanx for reading,
Chriskikz(a flying clown: Xbox 360 live : ADD ME:chuckle:)

Top Bottom