• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What game are you currently playing?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I actually beat Nier Automata today! (endings C, D, and E were unlocked in quick succession) The game was an emotional roller coaster - it was a lot of fun at times, downright depressing at times, and all in all an outstanding experience that I'd strongly recommend to almost anyone.

I also started Bug Fables on the Switch, and I think I'm going to keep going with that. Not sure if it's a great idea to stick to Hard Mode, but I'll keep going for now and see how it turns out.

I also assume that I'm going to be playing Smash Bros. again soon, since I'm guessing that the ARMS character is going to be releasing tomorrow. (EDIT: Nope, not for another week)

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I've been playing through Battle for Bikini Bottom on Gamecube. I started playing the Rehydrated version first, which is admittedly MUCH nicer-looking in animation quality and overall visual style, but the performance issues, bugs, and strange design choices (at least for the Switch version) put me off from playing much further.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I tried smash wifi and it was god-awful. Rather than unlearn the offline meta to learn wifi then have to unlearn that when tournaments start up again, I'd rather just play Bug Fables. It's fun; I recommend it to old school paper Mario fans.

D

Deleted member

About a week or two late on this but considering I remade my account...

I've started replaying an old MMO favorite of mine: Pirate101. I remember how difficult it was but geez either I've gotten smarter or the game is just easy peasy and I was being stupid: It took me less than a week to get to Lvl 52(for comparison my other account has a lvl 62 which took me over 4 years to achieve, while the max is 70 atm)
The story still holds up to this day, and honestly now that I'm older some of the dialogue hits different. The models could use some work but considering the game came out in 2011 it's fine for the time, especially considering my computer can somehow handle max settings without issue.

Nautical exp is still a ***** to grind though, I hate grinding for Nautical exp because you just sit out in the open, spam 1234 like this: 2421312312312 and hope you don't get boarded at all otherwise you just waste a ****ton of time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
So I'm not currently playing this game (because it hasn't released yet) but I came across this party game today

Basically each game starts with 60 players and you go through an obstacle course of some kind and only 45 move on to the next round. (and then each round more people get eliminated)

I only discovered the game today through a let's play and I've become kinda obsessed with it. It's releasing on August 4th.

It looks like a lot of fun....and it's been ages since I played a goofy party game like this.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Just finished Dragon Quest III: The Seeds of Salvation on the Switch DQ 1+2+3 collection. Had finished the first two a little earlier this year. What a great game! Definitely the point where it became a right proper RPG. I've not played any of the rest of the series, but the original trilogy is really great. Glad they put it out on one cart. :ulthero3:

Also grabbed a Virtual Boy recently and have been slowly accumulating a library there. I beat Virtual Boy Wario Land, which was good (as expected). It's not an amazing machine, but it wraps up my Nintendo console collection (I don't have *every* machine, but I at least have one iteration of each kind), and it's at least totally unique. Looking forward to diving a bit further into its library.

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
I just beat Va-11 Hall-a and loved it immensely. Not only were most of the characters likable, it was fun to mix drinks, change lives, and enjoy a slice of life Cyberpunk story.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Tales of Vesperia on the Switch. It was on sale a while back so I took the opportunity to download it while it was still cheap.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I'm 100% completing Sonic Forces. It's my least favorite game in the series, but after I do this I'm back to Adventure 2 and Mania, and never have to think about, talk about, or write about this game ever again.
Smash on the side though as always.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
been playing a lot of Rivals of Aether on Switch. mostly doing single-player stuff and fighting CPUs because i don't have any friends who have the game on Switch and i hate fighting randos.

Reactions: Voe

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'm working my way through the post game content of Dragon Quest XI S.

Act 2 was initially a bit of a slog for me and I ended up putting the game down for months, but I picked it back up about a couple of weeks ago and I've been hooked on it since.

Voe

Smash Journeyman
I just got Rivals of Aether Definitive Edition on Steam and I'm enjoying it so far. I'm also playing Super Mario RPG and plan on finishing it this time. A few years ago all of the saved data on my sd for my handheld got screwed right when had to race Boshi. But when October starts I wanna get into the Halloween spirit so I might start Resident Evil 1 Remake for the first time, leaving SMRPG as something on the side for me play.

Tbh all of these games are going to be side-games if the next DLC fighter releases in early October.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've been bouncing between Rivals of Aether on the Switch (haven't played it before - the tutorials were tough at first, but once I got the hang of jump canceling, it wasn't as bad as I thought), Donkey Kong Country 2 on the Wii U (I got all of the DKC games on the Wii Shop Channel when that was closing), and Yakuza 0 on Steam.

Enjoying all of them so far, though I feel like Rivals would be better if I had people to play it with. (the single player content seems lacking so far; I'm surprised that there isn't an arcade mode)

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
3D All-Stars has made me do another playthrough of Odyssey.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Playing a few games at the moment.

On the Switch, No More Heroes (want to finish this before starting NMH2) and Oddworld New n Tasty. Still have Xenoblade DE to finish as well.

On PC, Halo MCC and TES IV: Oblivion. Had Oblivion GotY on PS3 but last time I went to play it my file corrupted. Just decided to get the PC version since it has the plugins that never came to PS3 (not like they're a big deal anyway) and well, there's the option of getting unofficial patches and using console commands if things bug on me. As for Halo, been playing that heaps. Last time I played Halo multiplayer was Halo 4 on the 360. The matchmaking can be arse when it comes to allocating players of different skill levels to teams but when things work out it's so much fun. Working through achievements when I can too and beat 3 and ODST on legendary. I did the other games on normal but will tackle them on legendary eventually (if they don't tackle me that is).

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
On the Switch, I got Hades and No More Heroes recently, so I'm going back and forth between those.

I've beaten No More Heroes before (quite a few times), but watching footage of other people playing it made me want to try the Switch version out. Unsurprisingly, it holds up well.

As for Hades, I think I've found a build that works pretty well - in my first few runs, I couldn't beat the first boss, but between Aphrodite making it so I can spam my regular attack (which now weakens enemies), Zeus making it so whoever hits me takes massive damage, and Athena making it so my dash deflects attacks, I've gotten much farther than I expected. (in this run, I've beaten the first two bosses so far)

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
been playing Friday the 13th: The Game on Switch. Probably not a lot of reason to play this instead of Dead By Daylight unless you're a big Jason fan but its still a really fun time.

Greyfox22

Smash Apprentice
Castlevania Symphony of the Night. I`m a few hours in and really liking it so far. I can see why its a classic.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Shantae and the Seven Sirens.

I think the level design can be a little dull at times and there's very little, if any semblance of real difficulty (the overabundance of food items and Shantae's magic abilities practically ensure that you'll never die), but it's still a lot of fun and I'm enjoying the tweaked animal transformations.

Greyfox22

Smash Apprentice
Getting back into playing more Final Fantasy games because I was inspired by a certain Smash announcement. Right now I`m on FF9 which I started back in August but haven`t felt like playing until recently.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I've had to take a break because I played Sekiro too much and hurt my wrists. I'm also writing a novel so that affected them too. It takes weeks to heal, god damnit.

tuck :)

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
TUCK#214
This might be one of the more odd answers - I'm home for Christmas break from college, and my brother and I have been playing Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005 everyday, just like we did when we were kids. It's a nostalgia bomb with the cheesy soundtrack and questionably racist fake golfers to face, it's been an absolute blast.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Besides Smash, Doom Eternal and Collection of SaGa.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Tales of Berseria on the PS4.

Been years since the last time I’ve played it but never finished it. Never been too interested in the Tales of games to say the least...but after playing through Vesperia (which I absolutely loved), I decided to give the game and the series another shot. I intend to play through it to the end.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
You know, I'm not that much a Zelda guy. I've only played Wind Waker, Majora's Mask, LBW and BotW (who hasn't played that game honestly). And at the beginning of the year I decided to put things right, I've decided to play through all mainline Zelda games in 2021.

In fact, I've already beaten the original TLOZ on the NES some days ago. Was quite fun honestly and in my opinion it still holds up pretty well even today. It didn't even feel like a NES game at some points.

Right now I'm playing through the second game and I'm about to enter Midoro Palace and oh god.... This game is hard as ****. I've already died way more in the first dungeon than in the entirety of my first TLOZ playthrough. Though, I kinda like the leveling up system? I think?? it's a pretty weird game lol.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've mainly been focusing on A Hat In Time on the Switch (I've almost finished three of the six worlds - I'm going to try to get 100% completion), though I've also played a bit of Uncharted 1 and God of War 1 on the PS3.

The games are a lot of fun, though A Hat In Time and Uncharted seem shorter than I expected. I can already access what might be the final boss for A Hat In Time, and for Uncharted, I'm on chapter 4 and I'm 1/5 of the way through the game. For God of War, it's fun, but a little clunky (probably because it's a PS2 game and one of the earlier examples of its genre), and Kratos is a difficult character to root for. (it seems like night and day compared to the PS4 game)

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
Recently made an alternate YouTube channel so I can stream and upload to YouTube more frequently without it clogging up my main YouTube channel.

Currently using it to play and stream Puyo Puyo Tetris at the request of a friend. Learning how to stack beans like a pro since I'm already skilled at Tetris.

Also gonna do a New Game Plus of Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth on my Switch. Phenomenal monster collector. Glad New Game Plus lets me use all the Digimon I raised already and can raise some new ones so easily.

Considering making a replay of the Switch remake of Yo-Kai Watch 1 the next priority after those. Another phenomenal monster collector.

Been enjoying Monster Sanctuary alot. Very challenging game. Been playing it on and off from how hard it is.

Still putting in more hours on Team Fortress 2 when I can because I want to improve at Demoman.

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Well recently I've been on a bit of an N64 kick, I beat Diddy Kong Racing, played through Star Fox 64 a few times, and played most of Super Mario 64 before I remembered I'd have to play Tick Tock Clock and Rainbow Ride for 100%.

I also bought Panzer Dragoon on sale and I've been meaning to play it but I haven't gotten around to it yet, so I've just been playing Melee in the meantime.

tuck :)

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
TUCK#214
You know, I'm not that much a Zelda guy. I've only played Wind Waker, Majora's Mask, LBW and BotW (who hasn't played that game honestly). And at the beginning of the year I decided to put things right, I've decided to play through all mainline Zelda games in 2021.

In fact, I've already beaten the original TLOZ on the NES some days ago. Was quite fun honestly and in my opinion it still holds up pretty well even today. It didn't even feel like a NES game at some points.

Right now I'm playing through the second game and I'm about to enter Midoro Palace and oh god.... This game is hard as ****. I've already died way more in the first dungeon than in the entirety of my first TLOZ playthrough. Though, I kinda like the leveling up system? I think?? it's a pretty weird game lol.
Thats interesting, in January I literally wrote down the same thing. The only Zelda game I've truly beaten is Ocarina of Time, and I also really want to play through every main Zelda this year. Good on you for already tackling Zelda 1! I should probably get on that soon.

JustPlainDan

Smash Apprentice
In terms of clearing out my backlog, I’ve started on the Ace Attorney trilogy recently. Completed the first game and I’m currently in the process of taking care of Justice For All.

Last edited:
Top Bottom