• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What final smash you think is too powerful?

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Peach's. No matter where you go you will get hit.
False. I never tested just how far away you have to be, but I decided to try it out on Hyrule Temple just to see if the range was infinite. I had Peach on one end of Hyrule (the big flat part on top, not the topmost platform) and placed the opponent on the other side.

I activated the Final Smash. The opponent neither fell asleep nor did they take any damage. So the range is not infinite.

Spartan1841

Smash Journeyman
The landmasters are not that good IMO I dodge them easily

Most powerful I think its Marth and super sonic not easy to doge I think

Mobbin

Smash Apprentice
Why does noone mention Ganon's FS?
I think it's easier to land than Marth' and hits just as hard...
But I could be wrong. I don't really use Smash Balls and I hate playing Ganon xD

JiangWei23

Smash Journeyman
False. I never tested just how far away you have to be, but I decided to try it out on Hyrule Temple just to see if the range was infinite. I had Peach on one end of Hyrule (the big flat part on top, not the topmost platform) and placed the opponent on the other side.

I activated the Final Smash. The opponent neither fell asleep nor did they take any damage. So the range is not infinite.
Plus, I do believe if you manage to remain in the air until Peach stops dancing, then you won't fall asleep either. I remember using Sonic's spring and bouncing on it over and over, and I was fine.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
As has been said, Sonic's by far. He can basically kill anyone and everyone at least once easily. Also, I think Snake's is up there too...

But definitely NOT Marth's. It's just too hard to hit with. And you kill yourself if you use it wrong.

Lorona_Leo

Smash Rookie
I think the hardest one ta get out of is DeDeDe's... it has so much range...
But the most powerful, Sonic's no doubt. = P

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I wish I could say it was Bowser's but without a doubt it's Fo'x Landmaster that seems to be the most powerful one, as for Marth's Final why would you even say his?

ShengNu

Smash Apprentice
Landmaster.Ah,the Zelda/Sheik's arrow too.
zelda/shiek arrow isnt instant death just a push.. only death at the edge of the stage, the landmasters can get 2 kills if they kill someone right away and annoying to dodge..

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Actually, many people can go under Battlefield, Smashville, and even Final Destination if timed right. Hell, even Marth can do it.

Anyways, I'll go out on a limb and say that Yoshi's is by far one of the most powerful and most deadly in the game.

Seriously, if someone masters controlling that thing, you're toast.

Also, ROB's lasts very long and can make extremely strange gimp kills.

The Chuff

Smash Cadet
Actually, many people can go under Battlefield, Smashville, and even Final Destination if timed right. Hell, even Marth can do it.

Anyways, I'll go out on a limb and say that Yoshi's is by far one of the most powerful and most deadly in the game.

Seriously, if someone masters controlling that thing, you're toast.

Also, ROB's lasts very long and can make extremely strange gimp kills.
That's because smash ball gives you wings!

foolmasterz

Smash Apprentice
I still say marths. The question was not, "what the most effective", its what the most overpwerd? marths FS is deadly when you hit.

Moon/Sun

Smash Apprentice
Super Sonic is tough yes, but Sonic himself has a hard time KOing people so that for me balances out. Landmasters are horrible but they can be survived with clever tactics. However I will say Critical Hit. For me it doesnt matter that its easily dodged or has a possible suicide. Marth is already too powerful of a character (Brawl's Melee Sheik?) in all areas. Speed, reaction, strength, range, recovery. He doesnt need an equaly powerful FS to go with as he already has everything.

SagaKirby

Smash Journeyman
Super sonic(sonic)
Aether Blade(Ike)
Zero Laser.(Samus)
Negative zone(Luigi)
Pikachus F smash
Jigglypuff(for some reason)
End of day or as I like to call it,the chu-chu rocket.(olimar)
Chuchu rocket theme song :D-http://youtube.com/watch?v=ga62uiXbEjI
Falco's Landmaster.
Yoshi F smash
Onion Maaan(Wario)

ShoeThief

Smash Apprentice
In terms of power/knockback, Marth's. 1hko on 3 enemies unless they are prevented from going off the stage. Even though Ike is a "stronger" character, even Great Aether doesn't have the same power.

Overall, Super Sonic. I would say Pikachu's as well if it wasn't so hard to control and had more knockback (it's harder to dodge since it goes through the stage).

YellowPikmin

Smash Journeyman
Olimar's definitely. It's pretty well impossible to avoid the damage part unless you're playing as someone like ROB, and when the ship comes down you can only really avoid getting the knockback on large levels. Even if you try to run to a safe place during the damage part so that you can at least avoid the ship, you can't see where you are. You can sometimes sidestep dodge it, but the timing is pretty precise. The only real defense is to make sure that Olimar doesn't get the smash.

On an unrelated note, I think that ROB's is underrated. It's not overpowered, don't get me wrong, but it lasts a LONG time, invincibility and curry, and it periodically shoots these lasers with a surprisingly deadly knockback.

PitMasta

Smash Journeyman
Definitly Super sonic...thats one of the reasons i don't play w/ final smashes, let alone, i don't play with items at all...i thought the smash ball was cool until super sonic...>.>

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Super Sonic, even if you wait on the platform your invincibility frames don't last long enough.

And a good Snake player too, I hate that Final Smash, and Warioman is just as bad.

Rauzaruke

Smash Apprentice
The PK startstorms are a ***** on the smaller stages, especially when Ness and Lucas can PK thunder the balls so easily. Its like death to everyone who has damage above 20% since you get knocked into other bolts before flying to your doom.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I just HATE those can't-escape-no-matter-what-you-do-since-no-skill-is-involved Final Smashes.

Pikachu, Sonic, King DeDeDe, Donkey Kong, Peach, JigglyPuff, LANDMASTER, Snake.

Yeah, okay, you can dodge some of these but they're just so... unnecessary. Final Smashes really slow down the game play in my opinion. It's just flashy lights with no substance.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
how did this thread reach 6 pages?

Super Sonic... they basically took two final smashes, improved them and put them together.
its like ZSS's final smash accept you cant DI out of it since its one hit. and than they put it together with pika's FS except they made it 10x easier to control. not to mention, it lasts 15 or 18 secs, which is proly just as wario man. and heres teh kicker... he cant die from it, with every other FS if you go to the blast line and die, but with SS you got to the blast line and just stop.

so yea, supersonic

/thread

Top Bottom