• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do Cpus do that are unusual?

fox219

Smash Journeyman
all of the mk cpus I face use down-b to recover. they do it diagonal so they miss alot.

Omit

Smash Apprentice
i love on yoshi´s story in melee, for example mew2 would always try to charge his shadowball on the cloud and sometimes miss and sd.

Angry_Beaver

Smash Rookie
I've been edge-hogged at least twice recently, as well as crouch-taunted. The AI in this game is amazing, both in its genius learning capabilities and its utter stupidity.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
The Level 9 CPU's reflexes are uber and very unrealistic which makes them seem too good. They still suck though, especially with Snake. Also, they are very indecisive on stage location.

Raym

Smash Apprentice
I was playing versus the Ice Climbers and i killed Nana, then Popo taunted
The concept of aproaching of my CPU Marth is rolling at me.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
A falco somehow comboed me earlier.
Not true combo though.

I can't remember the exact thing but...

I think it was Dair to jab cancelled F-Smash, and then spiked me off.

I have no idea how I fell for that -.-

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
Once a CPU Falco taunted infinitely, then right before I F-Smash it, it perfectly shields my blow, rolls in back of me, and gives me and F-Smash of it's own. Oh, and here's the funny part: As I Aether for the edge, he blinks out into space and dies, and once he comes back, he uses Final Smash (WTF?) and lands on my head. And when I respawned, my so called "invulnerable character" (Due to me recently falling off) Got killed again, with no effect (I never fell or got KO'ed or anything). My two cents.

trev94

Smash Journeyman
then its a one on one, and when they kill some one they start rolling.......... alot

Jibbles

Smash Apprentice
Although I've never performed it before, or have my Brawl subjected into seeing such, a Lv. 9 Comp Falcon threw out the YES combo against me

(SH autocancel Knee -> opponent trip -> Up B)

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
A falco somehow comboed me earlier.
Not true combo though.

I can't remember the exact thing but...

I think it was Dair to jab cancelled F-Smash, and then spiked me off.

I have no idea how I fell for that -.-
I see a lot of CPU falco's use dair into down B.

-:bowser:Bowser King

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
Unusual like MKs that waste all of their jumps airdodging that are two inches away from the stage then when the time comes to up B they up B....
In the wrong direction. SD

Or Unusual when Ike's blantly miss time QuickDraw falling straight to their doom!
just because a Smashball appeared.

Or Unusual when De De De s' score a KO throwing three gordo's in a row one after another
unbelievable WTF!

CPUs are RANDOM!

Boog!!!

Smash Rookie
lol yea cpus prettymuch copy your style of play....my friend was playin last night and a cpt falcon cpu tried to jump off the ledge and suicide knee him lol....i was dying...but thing is, they make you play defensive -__-...if u stand there, theyll do the same...hilarious

Adapt

Smash Lord
The AI in this game is amazing, both in its genius learning capabilities and its utter stupidity.
^^This

When I play level 8/9s I see the most random stuff

The love to edgehog me (they learned it from me)
They can perfect shield my jab combo twice in a row (6 hits straight)
Their play with counter moves is awesome
They will tech anything

...and then one goes and jumps off the edge without me even moving

or this example of stupidity:
fox/falco/wolf will start their up-B, I jump down to spike them and instead get hit in their charging animation. They continually send their up-B straight away from the stage.
Whenever I play a spacie cpu i don't even bother to spike them anymore, I take the 20% and watch them suicide.

I also like how they can clearly learn new tricks, yet they still fall for the same stuff over and over

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
Sometimes when you just stand still CPUs will start turnng around back and forth very quickly, as if trying to decide what to do.

Also, I was playing as Lucas and I held out my PSI Magnet, and a CPU Lucario just stood there and launched Aura Spheres at me, recovering my health. The same thing happened with a Wolf.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Since I don't have wifi yet *groans* I'm constantly fighting lvl 9's. I hate how I attack from the edge, they shield and throw, shield and throw, shield and throw, ect. And the wario spams hit side smash all....the...time...Don't get me started on pikachu edgeguarding.....

Darkman.exe213

Smash Apprentice
I got pivot-grabbed by Sheik, and an Olimar attempted to edgehog me.(as in, he actually ran off the stage and pulled right back in on the ledge) I've had a Falco attempt to chaingrab me. And lately, all the CPUs I've been facing seem to be addicted to short-hop aerialing.

Ninja Sheikah

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5455-9559-3780
Snake seems to plant a mine, then follow up by running into/over it. The one thinI wil give LvL9 Snake credit for it that it easily plants c4 on me.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
isn't jab canceling on ganon just holding A? he was probably just trying to complete his jab combo and the ganon didn't DI

and getting hit by the fsmash was poor reaction on ganon's part (jk, it was epic mindgammez by the cpu)

but yeah

i agree

cpu's are good training partners imo

they make mistakes sometimes but i still try to do my best against them

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
cpu's are good training partners imo

they make mistakes sometimes but i still try to do my best against them
Yeah. They're way easier than most real people, but they still try to fight, so testing stuff on them is pretty good. 'cept when people start to think something is fool-proof because a level 9 MK fell for it.

rinoH

Smash Lord
my lvl 9 mk's always use down b for recovery and a cpu link powershielded every hit from my sheik's jab combo

majora_787

Smash Hero
I've seen a CPU almost walk into a home run bat smash attack, and then when they try to leave another one will run over and hold him for me. :laugh:

It happens more often then it really should, but it makes my day.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
lol what?
you've programmed the cpus to be pro teammates???

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I was once fighting a CPU Jigglypuff as Mario. I remember knocking them off, meteoring them, and then footstooling. While trying to get back, the CPU would use a rising pound, but instead of using it to get higher, it would return to where it started after using it, fall down a bit, then use it again. Truely weird.

Top Bottom