• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Controller Do You Use?

Kuhn

Smash Cadet
Gamecube Controller.

When I first got Brawl I was stuck between the Wii Remote and the Gamecube Controller. I wanted to try out the new controls for the game with the remote and they weren't bad but when I used the Gamecube controller, it felt a lot better to use.

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
I use the Gamecube controller for all the characters except for Pikachu. I use the Wiimote and Nunchuck for Pikachu. For some awkward reason, I can't QAC with the Gamecube controller, but I can with the Wiimote and Nunchuck. Don't ask why.

Vel

Smash Apprentice
Wii remote + Nunchuck with custom mapping; I hated the original config, so I changed it until it felt comfortable to me; now it's second nature and I can't use another control scheme :)

Disabled joystick jumping
- Z button for jump
- c for shield
- down on D-pad for grab

Milky

Smash Rookie
i stuck with my gamecube controllers cuz i was so used to melee. i gave away one of my gamecube controllers now i only have one. i adjusted the controls a little bit though.

L - special
Tap Jump - off

King Vegeta

Smash Rookie
I've tried all the controller styles and I like GCC the best.
All the others are too weird.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Gamecube controller > all. Although it could be just from being used to Melee.

I'm just waiting for someone who designed their own N64 controller to work on Brawl. rofl
(0 seriousness)

Darkrow

Smash Rookie
At first I used the gamecube controller. Then for fun I tried the classic controller and it stayed with me. I still use the gamecube controller if, for some reason, I don't have my classic controller. And I still use tap jump. I'm unable to jump with X or Y

Smash Ace
GC controller. when that's not availible I'll use the Wiimote sideways, 'coz there's always one of those when people are playing [obviously]

so yeh.
=2007=

T-hir

Smash Rookie
I use my purple GC controller tried with wii-mote but that did'nt work

Tacitus

Smash Rookie
I used the Gamecube controller for Melee so when I got Brawl it seemed to make sense just to continue using the same controller :p

zard9

Smash Rookie
I use the Gamecube controller mostly, but I like to do Remote+Nunchuk sometimes.

S.B.Soldier

Smash Journeyman
hmm, well i am best with gamecube controller.
next would be the nunchuck/wii-mote
then theres the classic controller, which i am ok at
and i kinda reek at using the wiimote sideways.. lol

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I've never tried Wiimote sideways and I don't plan on it. :laugh:

Slasherx

Smash Ace
I broke my GC controller, while doing massive DAC and ZAD.
I have to use the wii remote/nunchuck now >___>

shadowofchaos725

Smash Apprentice
I use a "customized" Wii Remote and Nunchuck... I can use the normal control scheme... although not as well...

I used to use the Gamecube Controller... but I wanted the freedom of being able to use any controller...(except classic... I don't have it ._.)

I just got more used to the Nunchuck one more than the Gamecube or Sideways options...

Top Bottom