• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Controller Do You Use?

Ange

Smash Lord
i use the wii remote sideways
Man you're cool, I cant imagine playing with it sideways. q_Q

And I use the GC Controller. Same as in Melee, full of win.
I first tried the Classic Controller, but the button scheme was extremely dead wierd, and it was before I knew that you can change the button scheme so yeah, but it was awkward to hold anyway.

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
Wii remote i used first... then i realized its really hard to Utilt so i switched to Game cube.. and perfected combos with peach .. also no float cancelling with wii remote ;O

Advance

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlmaVulpix
3DS FC
0877-0828-1646
Well, I started with the GC remote, but I really feel that the Wiimote+Nunchuck is actually more effective to my play style.

I just don't need this big bulky remote in my hand.

DBZ0wnz

Smash Cadet
Wii Remote and Nunchuk

I used to use GC Controller, then about 2 weeks ago my mate gave his wavebird to me ^_^ got annoyed when i used it since i lost in a online touny :(

now im using Wii Remote and Nunchuk :chuckle:

Edited wii-chuck to make it feel like an N64 controller (never had a gamecube)

D-pad (all)=jump
C = grab
Z = shield

So much better than the default controls.

Tried a heavily edited Classic controller (changed every button controlled by my right hand at least once) but it didn't work out...
This really help'd, Thanks.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Gamecube controller. Everyone here acts like it's the only way to play SSBB.

Can't wait til I get my Classic Controller.....

Arctic Fox

Smash Rookie
I wish this had been a poll. I'm Nunchuk all the way. It's the first configuration I played, and I'm so used to it now. I like cube controllers too, but my gamecube controller is not that good. [wireless knockoff]

sro2

Smash Rookie
I'm using the GC controller. Wiimote is weird, wiimote and nunchuck is also weird, the analog sticks on the classic controller are placed weirdly and it's too small.
And i played with GC computer for 6 years.

Quail Man

Smash Apprentice
GCN: 9/10 (L/R spring, C-stick is hard to reach)

Wii-Chuck: 9/10 (you have to choose between smashes, jump, and grab for the C button and the d-pad. In other words, you either have to deal with tap jump, shield grab, or manual smashes/aerials.)

Classic: 6/10 (you have to reach around L/R to get to Z, the analogue sticks are absolutely horrible)

Wiimote: 4/10 (up tilt, short hop, smashes?)

I use the Chuck. I don't own a GC controller. Choosing between the GC controller and the nunchuck is like choosing between Fox and Marth in Melee.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I tried using the classic but it didnt work out well.. at all
I use the GCN controller, but if forced to I will use the nunchuck, it feels so different but works just as well

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Classic Controller.
It has all the goodness of the gamecube controller, maybe it's just how it works for me.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Normally, I would use my GC controller, but I can't stand how sensitive it is. Lousy Pelican.
And I would adjust it, but I've grown fond of my classic controller.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
I use the Wii Remote/Nunchuck simply 'cause I lost my Gamecube controller...I'm getting a new one though.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I need a new one too, this Pelican is garbage.
I recently found my old copy of Melee, but I have no memory card.
All that excitement for nothing. :(

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Gamecube Controller all the way. I can't play with the others as i am still used to Melee's controls and i jsut like how the Gamecubet Controller fits in my hand.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Bleh, I still wish I had my old Gamecube controller, I'd probably be playing Melee if I did.
But a Pelican is just awful.
Consider yourself lucky.

"Gamecubet". :laugh:

BAND!T

Smash Cadet
classic converted to gc. hated the skipping, especially when i would boost smash toss bombs with link. and i wouldnt dash, just trot. then id lend myself 7%. it aint too bad against falcos though. prevents chaingrab.

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
What controller setups do you Wiichuck users have? I'm having trouble finding an intuitive jump button -- using the control stick for jumping totally ruins my game...

Marsu

Smash Cadet
I use the classic wii controllers now!
But I am still use of the game cube controllers also!

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
What controller setups do you Wiichuck users have? I'm having trouble finding an intuitive jump button -- using the control stick for jumping totally ruins my game...
I use the C button to jump and turn off the option that makes it so you can jump with the control stick.

Top Bottom