• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Controller Do You Use?

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
White GC Controller

In place of the c-stick is a classic controller stick. In place of the analog stick is a classic controller stick >_>

The classic controller stick is white and a little taller than a normal control stick

AAP

Smash Journeyman
My sexy white GC controller with two classic control sticks :grin:
Man, please give me a bit of insight how you manged to change your sticks? cause i'm always messing with GC remotes and removing/installing either of the sticks looks like a pain.

on topic. i use a purple spring modded GC remote, one of the first gen ones with no screws holding the trigger assembly in.

SilverLanayru

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilverLanayru
3DS FC
1977-0801-2134
Switch FC
SW-1383-4892-7702
I'm used to two kinds of controllers...the Gamecube controller and th WiiChuck controls. I use the GC controller more often though because I can dodge better compared to the way I dodge using the WiiChuck controls.

RyanPF

Smash Journeyman
I started with the WiiChuck (mainly because it's wireless) but I've switched to the GC controller purely for the C-stick and extra couple of buttons.

Strawhatz

Smash Rookie
Silver GC Controller. I wish I could use it for every game I play no matter what system.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
I started using the CC, but now I use the GCC for it being better built. I would main the CC if it's controller sticks allowed the presicion of the GCC's left stick and if it didn't occasionally fail to put in commands.

Ibn.09

Smash Rookie
Wiimote + Nunchuck
I couldn't use anything else when I started and it just grew on me.

PirateAce

Smash Rookie
I use the classic controller, I like the positioning of the buttons better because I never had a Gamecube and only played Melee at friend's houses so I never got used to ghe button positioning too much on the Gamecube.

Shadow_of_Link

Smash Apprentice
I think it's pretty safe to say most people use the GC controller, including me, but I know someone who uses the wiimote sideways and has this great Marth (madness, I know, I'd die just trying to attack with that thing)

godofrock72

Smash Cadet
I use the GameCube controllers. I'm not sure why, but my parents bought a 2nd GameCube. You guys are going to totally LOL. I have 6 controllers. 2 are from when I got my first GameCube for Christmas the year of it's release (one was packaged, and the other was the one that my parents bought separately so my friends could play when they came over). Then, my mom saw them at Walmart for $7.00 each, so she bought a third. Then my parents bought the 2nd GameCube for no apparent reason, and it came with a 4th controller. Then, we got 1 more GameCube controller for the 2nd GameCube, and my brother saw a used one at GameStop for like $5.00 so he bought it. Guess what; the first 2 GameCube controllers I've ever had are the ones that are in the best shape. Following that, there's the 6th one (the $5.00 one at GameStop), the Walmart one which has a loose control-stick, and the others have no grip on the control-stick.

The only reason I use the GameCube controller is because I'm comfortable with it. My friends bought Brawl, but they had never bought Melee because they don't have GameCubes, so they use the Nunchuck/Wiimote combination. One other friend of mine uses the Classic controller because he had a N64 and Super Smash Bros., but he decided to get a PS2 instead of a GameCube during that "generation" of gaming. So he's used to the N64 controller.

Qaomen

Smash Cadet
Gamecube controller ftw =D
I had melee since launch, so I'm really used to that controller.
But sometimes it happens that I don't have enough gc controllers for my friends, so Wiimote+Nunchuck is my second choise.
I never tried the Classic controller though. I don't have one...

Kaito0921

Smash Rookie
I use a biiiiiig GC controller... biiiiiiig becuase my hands are biiiiiiiiiiiig, lolz.

the orginal GC controller sux.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
is there a poll thingy on this yet? Gamecube controller ALL THE WAY

Top Bottom