• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What characters could you have gone without

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Haha, you kids.

ROB FEEDS OFF YOUR HATRED AND ANGST. Seriously, those booster things that looks like he's arse is exploding when he dairs. Powered by hatred. And that fair spam that pushes you all the way off to the edge of the screen? He's just slapping you like the ***** you are.

Oh, lol at the toon link hate. He wasn't the Link that was done wrong. ;)

rove

Smash Apprentice
Eh, I could probably go along without dedede...
He just seems so slow from what ive seen on youtube.
But hey, the more characters the merryer. :D

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My point is that Marth is way cooler than ROB and he doesn't even need to be in any other games else.
Well, in the end it didn't matter because R.O.B. did as well, and he "starred" in less games than Marth

D

Deleted member

I gotta go with Toon Link. I mean, he could have been an alternate costume or something, like Wario has the plumber clothes. Otherwise, the roster is great! The unexpected additions of Wolf and Robot/R.O.B. helped boost my anticipation for Brawl.:)

Teevo

Smash Rookie
Toon Link- The character premise in itself is great and worthy of representation but the fact that Sakurai and his staff did little to highlight his individuality is why I wish he had just stayed at home.

That's a grand question, has Wolf ever even been outside his cockpit? I've played all 5 Star Fox games and I don't remember him ever being on foot, not even Assualt.
I completely agree with you on Toon Link, though I'm actually very accepting of him, as I luckily am in complete love with the Wind Waker art style, and actually prefer the way he looks to play over normal Link. But still they could've done better... poor li'l guy.

And for the Wolf thing, I'm not trying to rain on you or anything, I'd just like to point out that Wolf WAS an unlockable character in Assault in multiplayer. I think he had more attack power than Fox but was slower or something. I dunno.

But as for the actual point of this thread, I actually like the roster for the most part, if I could choose anyone... uh... well I guess I don't really like Diddy Kong much.... that's all I got.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
And for the Wolf thing, I'm not trying to rain on you or anything, I'd just like to point out that Wolf WAS an unlockable character in Assault in multiplayer. I think he had more attack power than Fox but was slower or something. I dunno.
No, he was stronger and faster. He was a broke character at that game with the highest base stats. I don't know what they were thinking besides maybe "well since he is so hard to unlock might as well make him bad *** rite?" So yeah.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
No, he was stronger and faster. He was a broke character at that game with the highest base stats. I don't know what they were thinking besides maybe "well since he is so hard to unlock might as well make him bad *** rite?" So yeah.
I didn't get all the unlockables in Star Fox Assualt simply because I believed they did such a horrible job with the game. Really, there were way too many things that ruined the experience for me. Regarding how Wolf is in that game, have you noticed that's basically what he's like in Brawl too? From what I've seen, Wolf is more broken then Fox or Falco ever were...

Vulcan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SaberVulcan
R.O.B
Ganon (Cool char, not cool moveset)
Snake

Thats it really, and im still mad they took out Dr. Mario, although from what I am hearing the "new" mario makes up for it. /shrug

The Protagonist

Smash Cadet
For the record, I was actually excited to see Toon Link (seeing as how Wind Waker is one of my favorite Zelda games, up there with A Link to the Past and OOT).

Anyway...this game could've gone without...

1.) R.O.B (I'm pretty sure a lot of you smashers don't even know and/or remember the existence of R.O.B. before this game)

2.) Jigglypuff (Never EVER liked her, since the anime I've had quite the disdain for her/it/whatever)

3.) Lucas (Not that I don't like Lucas it's just that Ness is practically identical. Clone movesets FTL)

4.) Wolf (Really people...how many Landmasters do we need?)

Outside of that the cast perfect

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
If they had never been considered for the cast? Most characters. Which ones would I not mind leaving? Falco for one (WHY was he put in Melee instead of Wolf in the first place?), and then there's... hmm. Falco's the only one I really wouldn't mind leaving.

1.) R.O.B (I'm pretty sure a lot of you smashers don't even know and/or remember the existence of R.O.B. before this game)
I knew about him. And not just from MKDS, either. Yay for me!

Pima

Smash Journeyman
Sonic
Jigglypuff
Falco
Marth

I can't stand Sonic for some reason... so I'm totally obeying my sig :p

Jigglypuff is just meh

The reason I dislike Falco and Marth is that people like them for being godly in Melee, not so much for being them.... I could say the same about Fox, but then again, he was my secondary XD (But I started playing as him before I came here and discovered his full potential... so it doesn't count :p)

Peeze

Smash Master
R.O.B. too obscure. More famous characters could've been in instead.
Jigglypuff, pink balloon worn out her welcome
King dedede- dont like him
Ness-eh
toon link-clo..

Ojanya

Smash Ace
You put Falco, D3, AND Jiggs on there!? Communist!

We all know the only one we didn't need was R.O.B., but he still pwns.

imabeast78

Smash Apprentice
****it...... I just can't think of one ..... but as far as final smashes go da repetitive ones........ yes that's right landmasta fanboys. EXPLAIN NOW SAKURAI!

Top Bottom