• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What characters could you have gone without

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
First off, this thread is not to complain about the roster, we all know the roster is set, you don't have to tell us, just the opinion of what characters you could have done without in the final roster in lieu of someone else... Please don't let this become a flame fest. The more characters the better, always to some extent if they deserve it.

Note, I've excepted all these characters, and they're not bad in the big picture, but overall I'd prefer some other choices to these

Mine:
R.O.B.
Toon Link
King Dedede
Falco
Jiggly Puff
Ness

Prepares for the inevitable flaming coming my way for making this from the people who don't care, and want to spam the thread saying so till it dies.

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
R.O.B.......... I think he's solid but...... Meh

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
Dedede?! O.o

All characters in are okay with me.
Yeah, I've never played a Kirby game really, and I was fine with Metaknight because he looked cool, but I didn't want the big penguin, but oh well. I was also against K Rool, never liked him from the DK series, and Ridley, but I did want him as a boss.

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
Yeah, I've never played a Kirby game really, and I was fine with Metaknight because he looked cool, but I didn't want the big penguin, but oh well. I was also against K Rool, never liked him from the DK series, and Ridley, but I did want him as a boss.
Wow... thanks 4 clearing that up.... i always thought he was a duck.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
R.O.B
Toon Link (or at least give him an original moveset)
Ice Climbers
Ness
Jigglypuff

Think that's all

redshift71388

Smash Apprentice
First off, this thread is not to complain about the roster, we all know the roster is set, you don't have to tell us, just the opinion of what characters you could have done without in the final roster in lieu of someone else... Please don't let this become a flame fest. The more characters the better, always to some extent if they deserve it.
Well you know, I don't see why you bothered to start this thread at all. You're asking which characters people think shouldn't have made it into the game, and you're going to be getting the same answers as if you had asked people to complain about the roster. The very nature of this kind of thing sets itself up for flaming, so asking people not to flame is pretty stupid too.

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
Well you know, I don't see why you bothered to start this thread at all. You're asking which characters people think shouldn't have made it into the game, and you're going to be getting the same answers as if you had asked people to complain about the roster. The very nature of this kind of thing sets itself up for flaming, so asking people not to flame is pretty stupid too.
You know, we didn't have any till you came around >.>

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Stop making these threads here! Go to Gamefaqs. Anyways, I could live wihtout Wolf.

Vash_15

Smash Journeyman
-Lucario
-PT (especially his Ash Ketchum english voice)
-Marth
-Ike
-ROB
-Toon Link
-Jiggs

worm

Smash Cadet
I don't think it's fair to say who you wouldn't want in the game before you've even played it (my apologies to people who have played Brawl). There were characters in Melee that I would've thought that I didn't want but ended up finding to be crucial (like the Fire Emblem cast for example).

ConeZone

Smash Ace
wow, you would get rid of dedede and jiggles?...i guess i would get rid of game and watch and r.o.b. i don't see why game and watch returned over mewtwo

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
wow, you would get rid of dedede and jiggles?...i guess i would get rid of game and watch and r.o.b. i don't see why game and watch returned over mewtwo
I almost put Game & Watch, but I actually liked to play him in Melee, he was very unique and I liked his Nostalgic feel... but R.O.B. is were it crossed the line :psycho:

Blargamalarg

Smash Rookie
G&W. Only character I refuse to play in melee.

Also, P.T. just doesn't interest me, because I am a joyless, joyless person.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Seeing that G&W was Gunpei first Electronic game for Nintendo... its for old timers.... mewtwo is old gen... Out with the old in with the new...

before any one says Wolf then should be thrown out next game who's gonna be Star Fox series anti-hero/Antagonist

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yoshi. I know he's a staple Nintendo character, so I'm not saying he shouldn't be in, but I've always hated using him and refuse to play as him, ever. Stupid green dog/frog hybrid manifestation.

WaffleGuyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Seeing that G&W was Gunpei first Electronic game for Nintendo... its for old timers.... mewtwo is old gen... Out with the old in with the new...

before any one says Wolf then should be thrown out next game who's gonna be Star Fox series anti-hero/Antagonist
Another anthro-dog, of course. My answer to the topic would be Jigglypuff. Somewhat fun character to use, but I could live without it.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Jigglypuff is the worst character ever.
Yoshi is terrible as well.
R.O.B. seems like a cheap advertising ploy who jumped a long list of more deserving characters.
Lucas doesn't seem like he should've jumped the long list of more deserving characters either.

All of the others seem fine.

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
Sonic the Hedgehog.

Seriously, Snake is awesome as a character because he's pretty unique with those explosives. Not to mention, he's got a lot of humor and personality (like the CODEC calls for example...).

Sonic is just "WOW TOTALLY RADICAL TUBULAR BODACIOUS HEY GUYS I CAN GO SUPER SAYIAN AM I COOL YET?!?". Boooooooooring!

Mr. Game & Watch has more personality than him and he's only a crappy 2D silhouette!

Also kick out all of the furries except one and all of the Fire Emblem characters except one.

Top Bottom