• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What characters could you have gone without

handy

Smash Apprentice
Mario, Link, Samus and Kirby. I think they were kind of unnecessary... :p

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I want to Falcon Punch so many people in this thread quite hard.

Personally, I like every single character in this game. I am definitely going to use all of them at least once.
Heck, everyone's basically going to play as every character whether they like them or not. That's how it is. Regardless, Sakurai made it blaringly apparent that the roster was quickly assembled (supposedly 1-3 days according to what he said at GDC) and that it was really an afterthought compared to everything else. For example, it absolutely kills me how Toon Link, a character that had so much creative potential, was basically left asMelee's Young Link instead of giving him any genuinely unique qualities. For example, I would have loved to see the Deku Leaf, the grappling hook, and perhaps the Hurricane slash as his final smash.

Raikage

Smash Apprentice
ROB, Game and Watch, Ness, Wolf, Jigglypuff.

Don't seem like interesting characters to me, I would've preferred some other more interesting characters.

Olaf

Smash Cadet
i could have gone without the following:
Toon Link or link - we only need one.
Wolf - I love him and all, but theres only so many characters from the Star Fox universe we need. we met that quota in melee. but hey, at least its not krystal or slippy.
MetaKnight - keep dedede, lose kirby pit.
Lucas - why him and not another mother character that wont play like ness? Then again, we'd only have poo jokes all day long.
Lucario - I just dont care.

Zombieoficer

Smash Journeyman
The other Link. If Toon Link got in, Paper Mario should've gotten in.

And if R.O.B. was really important to Nintendo, he could've been a trophy. Just a trophy.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
I would say none of the character. They will all be special, non the less if we want them out, throughout the next years we play this game.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Toon Link would have been acceptable if he used other weapons such as the Skull Hammer and Deku Leaf.. but he's just an annoying clone now..so he can leave. Everyone else is fine.

Vash_15

Smash Journeyman
LUCARIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Tried to accept it, almost did, but then I started hating him more.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
If I must choose...ROB. Despite the fact that he plays a major role in SSE....he just came into the roster out of nowhere...

Minus that forced opinion, none of them. I love em all.

Top Bottom