• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are your opinions on Project M?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
D3 has a better recovery, can survive long vs ike due to weight, has attacks that are just as disjointed as ike's, and his throw and gimp game are miles above ike, which is what helps him win this match. His throw game allows him to easily get ike off the stage, and his disjoints and multijumps help keep him off.

Essentially, ike's weakneses is something that D3 is naturally great at exploiting (poor and/or linear recoveries.)

:phone:

Edit: and let's not forget the projectiles with huge hitboxes, making sniping easy.
Pretty much this. DDD has an oddly easy time taming the wild beast. If all else was failing I'd pull DDD vs Ike. It's a solid MU for DDD imo.

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
DDD still feels very underwhelming in the matchup

Like, I know he looks good on paper and all, but Ike runs circles around him and DDD's hitboxes aren't nearly as amazing as Ike's

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Not on paper. in actual matches too.

And time i've seen the D3 vs IKE Mu, if the D3 knows his ****, he always wins.

It's more than just on paper.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
As far as I know, metroid and Fly Amanita are the only good Ike and DDD players who have played each other, so they are the only people whose opinion I would trust on that matchup.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Metroid says DDD wins and I don't have a strong opinion about the match-up. As far as I can tell, both characters are quite capable of beating each other and I don't care about getting more specific than that.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Metroid says DDD wins and I don't have a strong opinion about the match-up. As far as I can tell, both characters are quite capable of beating each other and I don't care about getting more specific than that.
Such a man on honor

He knows Ike's OP

abcool

Smash Ace
Staying airborne works. If you use a spacie camping the top platform and forcing him to aerial then punishing helps. If you stay on even ground with him avoid dash attack. When he tried to go for a sweetspot, edgehog him. Camp him if you need to so you get as much damage as possible. Never shield vs this character your offense vs his. Also he has a terrible OOS game.

GMaster171

Smash Ace
Lucario barely has a shield in the first place, his hands, feet and ears are easily shield poked anyway, this is to balance him out. he is amazing at pressuring, but cannot handle pressure himself. Range and projectiles shut down Lucario when used well. he has his "flash step" but against Falco's lasers or Marth's spacing, it doesn't help him enough.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Hey guys!

Just wanted to pop in here to let everyone know to TUNE IN today at http://Twitch.tv/VGBootCamp for some awesome Project:M action coupled with a special announcement at 7:30pm EST.

Tell your friends, and spread the stream on all your social networks! You will NOT be disappointed!

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
If there is no ivysaur there will be hell to pay.

This

As long as Ivysaur, Squirtle, Meta Knight, and ZSS are in the next update I will be completely satisfied. Those are the only characters I'm really interested in out of the ones still left out.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Me want ice climbers >:|
But ZSS is cool too.

Also peach should be able to do a samus style SWD out of turnip pull ;)

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
He still has brawl texture and the graphics on some of his hit animations aren't quite the same. you can go to brawlvault and download melee textures for marth then there really won't be much difference anymore.
Why on earth would you download Melee Marth when you can download Awakening Marth?

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
Captain Falcon is what draws me the most Project M
I never used him in Brawl cause he played too spazy and wobbely for me.
Need his beastliness back, and his preciseness back.

But yeah, what Brawl newcomers do you guys feel could have worked the best in Melee?
Ones who's moveset and style you always thought would have incorperated better in Melee?

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
Captain Falcon is what draws me the most Project M
I never used him in Brawl cause he played too spazy and wobbely for me.
Need his beastliness back, and his preciseness back.

But yeah, what Brawl newcomers do you guys feel could have worked the best in Melee?
Ones who's moveset and style you always thought would have incorperated better in Melee?
I always thought D3 felt pretty melee-ish in brawl, at least compared to the rest of the cast

That's the reason that I only ever used him in the few times I've played Brawl

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
How come you guys think D3 actually does good against Ike?
I feel like DDD is just a weaker and slower version of him.

(I haven't played the game that much, so please someone clear this up for me)

d3 has a good cc punish game, cc punishing is effective against ike, his waddle dees prevent a lot of ike's movement, he edgeguards and gimps ike really well and his disjointed attacks are effective against ike.

that being said, I agree with Fly, it's the kind of MU where both chars do well vs each other.

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
I see Temple has been cropped to only be the top left corner part. It's probably the most balanced and best part if you were just gonna have one section.

But I'd like to see other segments of the stage by themselves as well.

Zodiac

Smash Master
The only reason I was looking forward to project m was the online melee and some buffed low tiers.....but melee is still better..and sd remix is melee with buffed low tiers...and now we have melee online which can only go up hilll...and sd remix online.....so I don't really see myself playing Project M anymore.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
The only reason I was looking forward to project m was the online melee and some buffed low tiers.....but melee is still better..and sd remix is melee with buffed low tiers...and now we have melee online which can only go up hilll...and sd remix online.....so I don't really see myself playing Project M anymore.
SD remix seems more like Melee+ than melee 2 imo. There are still going to be 16 new characters at PM's end and with the continued fixing of the last remaining differences betwee PM and melee I think PM is still coming out on a higher level in the long run. Unless you find a way to port characters like Pit and Sonic into melee.

NNID
dansalvato
I agree with the above. I prefer Project M over SDR. Project M has the potential to fix flaws in not just character design, but game mechanics as well. Furthermore, in Project M, characters can be given complete design overhauls in abilities and animations, while SDR is limited to changing only basic character elements.

In the end, Project M has potential to become the best Smash game of all time, because the possibilities are limitless. So, I don't really see the point in hacking an 11-year-old game for the purpose of balance. The final issue is that SDR is much less accessible because it requires a modded Wii. This hinders the mod's growth in the community.

Top Bottom