• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are some little tiny things that annoy you?

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
No, some of them just have cool special effects or are just plain-ish really.

It's only the ones that show you clips before the movie has even started that annoys me.
The only time I was annoyed by this was in Return of the King. They show a clip of the Mumaks parading into the battle. It's such an awesome scene to look at, I was a little mad that it was spoiled.

D

Deleted member

People who think "Stairway to Heaven" is overrated. It's not a problem here on SWF, but on Guitar Hero Community...

SilverSonic101

Smash Cadet
I also hate horse racers. They annoy me. A horse named Champion was severely injured and died. The racers don't even care!

Elysium

Smash Lord
Bull riders are worse yet. Do you think they treat those bulls well? I always cheer when the bull clobbers somebody.
I seriously might sig that.. Because I agree over 9000 percent.

I love with a bull seriously injurers a rider. I clap with glee when it happens. Cowboys are sooo tough when the bull is in a cage and they get strapped down to it...but as soon as they get thrown off, watch them loose any sort of bravery and run quicker than a mouse from a cat.

This also applies to the Running of the bulls, and how they stab those spike things into the bulls. Serves them right when people die from that. 1.) from pure stupidity of thinking you have a chance against a Bull. 2.) Don't F*ck with a Bull.

Darkslash

Smash Master
The english songs for the Pokemon opening. seriously the Lyrics make no sense and are no way related to the Anime....

If you have those Water despensor things it takes me 3 minutes to fill it up. I get pissed at that so much.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
When you're on AIM (or some other IM program) and a random stranger just IMs you and says nothing as if they expect you to start the conversation. Then when 5 minutes goes by they say "u there?", that really irks me.

Blackadder

Smash Master
When you're on AIM (or some other IM program) and a random stranger just IMs you and says nothing as if they expect you to start the conversation. Then when 5 minutes goes by they say "u there?", that really irks me.
I hate it when you get a new contact, wait for them to say something. Anything. But they don't. So after 5 mins you say "who's this?" and then they say "Wot?! u added me"

No, really. It's happened to me a bunch of times.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I hate it when you get a new contact, wait for them to say something. Anything. But they don't. So after 5 mins you say "who's this?" and then they say "Wot?! u added me"

No, really. It's happened to me a bunch of times.
this only recently happened to me for the first time. A name that I did not recognize IMed me saying "hello?", it went like this:

person: hello?
tom: hey
person: who is this?
tom: you IMed me, who is this?
person: ...
tom: im Tom, how do you know me?
person: you were on my buddy list somehow.
tom: you weren't on mine.

after a long time I found out where the internet connection was made (mafia forums), but it still didnt explain how my name got on his buddy list.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
I HATE IT when people do that! It's like coming up to you and saying "Hey, I'm bored and I have absolutely nothing to talk about, feel free to start entertaining me... hey, why aren't you entertaining me yet?"

DeadlyTurnip

Smash Journeyman
I HATE IT when people do that! It's like coming up to you and saying "Hey, I'm bored and I have absolutely nothing to talk about, feel free to start entertaining me... hey, why aren't you entertaining me yet?"
Lol, the sad part is that I've actually said that whole sentence to random people on AIM.

I hate it when people join the Debaters Group with the sole purpose of getting a pink nom.

Chozo01

Smash Rookie
I could go on and on with this post, but I'll keep it short.

-When two light switches control the same light, it's irritating especially when both of them are up but the light is off. I always have to manipulate the light switches to get them the way I like them.

-Tangled wires.

-The fact that my bed sheets never seem to be big enough, no matter how big they are.

-The fact that I have to ruin my Wii's stylish lines by opening the doors on top for my GC controller and memory card.

-Batteries popping out of the remote when I drop it.

-When I feel like petting a dog a little bit, and after stopping it annoys me to pet it some more while I'm doing something else.

Kitten

Smash Journeyman
I see people all over the place with pictures of Che Guevara. On wallets, on bags, on t-shirts. But why? He was a revolutionary.

That is, a revolutionary who wanted soviet communism, who tortured people, who oppressed and hated gays and who became an executor of political prisoners who opposed Castro's policies. Why do people like Che Guevara? He was concentrated ****. Che Guevara is a big pile of ****.

People put so much stock in revolution. Revolution on the whole is just one group of tyrants trying to take the place of another group of tyrants.

I also hate how it costs £7.50 to go see a film where I live. I could go see a ****ty film for 90 minutes with 7.50, or I could buy liquor for me and a +1 and have a ****load more fun. Stop going to the movies, people. Absolute waste of money on something that isn't even social because talking in movie theatres is for douchebags. For the enjoyment I get out of watching the latest bad remake, bad sequel or bad adaptation, the only three categories of film available today, £7.50 is ****ing outrageous. It's not that I don't have the money, I can just think of about 400 better ways to spend it. I could buy a hammer for £7.50, smack myself in the head with it, and have much more entertaining dreams than any of the absolute ******** films people go to see. And it's reusable. And you can use it to pick up girls.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I thought of another thing that kind of bothers me that is similar to Livvers.

I can't stand it when you're walking on the sidewalk and someone is walking towards you but they are determined to not move to the side so you have to move into the grass. That's when I mumble some not so nice words that are just loud enough for them to hear.
Agh, I hate that! You're walking first, and someone else starts walking towards you, and you keep walking and you nearly bump into them and have to move out of the way. When they keep walking towards me I am DETERMINED to keep walking and then I have to move and it irks me so much. I just want to flip them off.

Anyway, another one that I'm surprised hasn't been said. When you're in the car, and a great song comes on just as you pull up to your destination. It seems to always happen, doesn't it?
Agh...I HATE when that happens. I want to just stay and listen to it before I get out.

2. people who go negative on halo 3
Oops.

Oh wait, you're talking about people who like the others but hate Halo 3? Oh, then I don't qualify.

Which, depressingly, counts as half the people in Hollywood. =<

Anyways, a little thing that annoys me... I'd have to say a lot of overused internet memes eventually get pretty annoying to read. "It's OVER 9000!!!" just isn't funny anymore guys.

Just.
Isn't.
Funny.
Anymore.
Certain ones are funny, other ones aren't, in my opinion. But in all honesty, when the opportunity comes up and it makes some sense to say it, it's fun to say it, regardless of whether it's funny to everyone else.

I like to eat ice that I get in my drinks, so what annoys me is when I'm attempting to eat the last little bit of ice but its stuck at the bottom of the cup/glass. Hitting the bottom really hard seems like the only way of getting it out, but usually it'll come flying out and land on the ground or something.

Argh.
This reminds me of a pet peeve of mine; when you get a drink in a restaurant and it's so full of ice that you get half the drink. Or even worse, when there's so much ice that it's at the top of the glass and you can't get any of the drink without getting ice , too.

i hate how school passes slowly but when you are playing games time passes much more quickly
Yeah, "Time flies when you're having fun".

The popularity of High School Musical
OH MY GOD. I hate High School Musical. And they're making a third one.

I absolutely DESPISE it when im having a conversation with someone in public, and the person you're talking to starts talking very loudly in order to get someone elses attention either to join our conversation or to make themselves look cool. It happens everyday with one of my friends >_>
Not exactly the same, but I hate when you're trying to talk to someone and for whatever reason, you're trying to talk quietly (like if you don't want someone nearby to hear what you're saying) and then the person talks at normal volume or even louder, and you try to talk more quietly so they'll follow suit and they just talk louder and louder...urgh.

also crying babies. you can be standing at the airport, with 7 brutal death metal bands playing, a meteor heading your way, and a liger, and youll still hear that baby cry. someone shoot me please.
Crying babies make me want to hurt people.

OMG i just remembered one. I hate it whenever you just sharpened your pencil all nice and sharp, then when you start writing, THE LEAD BREAKS! AAARGH

Also, when you're writing and the pencil breaks, but theres no sharpener around, so you put back the lead and hope that it stays there but it always breaks again T_T
Oh, I know that. Hence why I just use mechanical pencils.
When people say "Me and my friends" instead of "My friends and I."
Yeah, I'm kind of OCD about my pencil lead. Even when my pencil writes perfectly well, if it's dull, I HAVE to sharpen it. Otherwise it irks me to no end.

it annoys me when i am nice and hold a door for a stranger and they don't say thank you or give a head nod or anything. i don't have to hold the door for these people i am going slightly out of my way to be nice and they act like doors should be held for them. Also if i am holding it for a group that came together and the last one says thank you that is not that bad since its like they are saying thank you for the whole group but when groups who are not together come in and only one groups says thanks it makes me hate that other group.
Yeah, something that also annoys me is when I hold the door for whoever I'm with and someone else is coming and I hold the door for them and then it's a chain of people I end up having to hold the door for. I know it's not their fault, but I feel like I'll look like a jerk if I just let it close so I can catch up with the people who are now about 20 feet ahead of me.

HANDICAP SPOTS

they annoy me
I know! There's a ton of them at the front of a parking lot and there's always ONE FILLED. Not to mention that a lot of people with handicap stickers don't seem to be handicapped, so they somehow have a handicap sticker for no reason or someone else who drives the car is handicapped.
I know people who are truly handicapped need a spot, but there are a solid number of spaces there for the little amount of use they seem to get.

People who hover behind you waiting to steal your parking spot while you're pulling out at a store. I'm tempted just to shut off my car and get out just to piss them off.
Agh! I know! They sit there RIGHT THERE so you can't even pull out of the space and you feel like you're going to crash into them. Or even worse, when there's two of them so you've got to dodge around BOTH.

People who think "Stairway to Heaven" is overrated. It's not a problem here on SWF, but on Guitar Hero Community...
Well, I suppose I'm guilty of that. It IS overrated. It's an okay song, but people treat it like a god of a song when it's not.

The doors in Metroid Prime 3 that [usually] take forever to open annoy the living crap out of me.
Ohh god Especially in sky Town. I waited 5 goddam minutes for the door to open, I walk away IT THEN OPENS I run back and then it closes :mad:
HAHAH!! I'm sorry, but that's funny. It's happened to me before. I suppose we'd have much longer loading times without the slow doors, but...GOD.

this only recently happened to me for the first time. A name that I did not recognize IMed me saying "hello?", it went like this:

person: hello?
tom: hey
person: who is this?
tom: you IMed me, who is this?
person: ...
tom: im Tom, how do you know me?
person: you were on my buddy list somehow.
tom: you weren't on mine.

after a long time I found out where the internet connection was made (mafia forums), but it still didnt explain how my name got on his buddy list.
That's never happened to me. Then again, I suppose my screenname isn't something esily guessable.

Other than what I've said before, these are my pet peeves:

1. People who use the wrong form of any word. Especially mixing up your/you're and their/there/they're. You're is YOU ARE. That's what the apostrophe is for. It takes 5 seconds to take that into account.
  2. Overrated things. By hyping something up so much, you make it suck. Halo is a fine example of this. IT'S A GENERIC SHOOTER! IT'S NOT THAT GOOD!
  3. People who put gum under tables/chairs. It's not that hard to throw it out, and all it does is get a piece of gum stuck on the next person's hands.
  4. Stupid people.
    In other words, people.
  5. "Lol". Say "Hahaha!", use an emoticon, or shut up. It's such an annoying term.
  6. When people spell "does" "dose". I know it's a typo, but it's such an annoying one.
  7. When people make a typo with "ROFL" or "LMAO". It ends up as either "ROLF" or "LAMO". It's funny, but sounds really stupid at the same time.
  8. When people treat you like a little kid when you're clearly not.
  9. Stereotypes. Slapping labels on people based on how they look, speak, etc. is the most idiotic thing you can do, because chances are you're wrong.
  10. When you can't tell if someone's joking or not. People are jerks to me so often I usually assume they're being a jerk, which probably makes me look like a jerk.
  11. When girls pretend they're into you and once they walk past you they laugh. That's happened to me so much, when a girl passes by me and looks at me I'm sure they're making fun of me. I'm a geek anyways, so I sort of expect it, but...it's unnecessary. I did nothing to you.
  12. When people spell "etc." "ect.", or pronounce it "Eck Cetera". It's "Et Cetera". LEARN IT.
  13. When people call video games "computer" games.
  14. When people mispronounce Pokemon, either "Pokeemon", "Pokeman", or "Pokeeman". PO-KAY-MON. Not that difficult.
  15. Idiotic drivers. I live in a state full of them.

I could probably go on and on, but I have a landfill for a list anyways.

B.U.S.

Smash Cadet
I see people all over the place with pictures of Che Guevara. On wallets, on bags, on t-shirts. But why? He was a revolutionary.

That is, a revolutionary who wanted soviet communism, who tortured people, who oppressed and hated gays and who became an executor of political prisoners who opposed Castro's policies. Why do people like Che Guevara? He was concentrated ****. Che Guevara is a big pile of ****.

People put so much stock in revolution. Revolution on the whole is just one group of tyrants trying to take the place of another group of tyrants.

I also hate how it costs £7.50 to go see a film where I live. I could go see a ****ty film for 90 minutes with 7.50, or I could buy liquor for me and a +1 and have a ****load more fun. Stop going to the movies, people. Absolute waste of money on something that isn't even social because talking in movie theatres is for douchebags. For the enjoyment I get out of watching the latest bad remake, bad sequel or bad adaptation, the only three categories of film available today, £7.50 is ****ing outrageous. It's not that I don't have the money, I can just think of about 400 better ways to spend it. I could buy a hammer for £7.50, smack myself in the head with it, and have much more entertaining dreams than any of the absolute ******** films people go to see. And it's reusable. And you can use it to pick up girls.
I want you.

That said, I'm sick of people who I try several times in a row to start a conversation with (usually resulting in 'lol', 'lolwtf', or my favorite, 'haha random') and then still complain about being bored. Since I'm apparently not interesting enough, go out and have a doggone adventure for crying out loud!

I don't care that you're bored! It's not my problem! If you want me to help, then make your own plans and simply include me!

------------------------------------------------

My family has this thing going where they almost finish or finish a container of food and proceed to put it away. I DON'T THINK ANYONE'S GOING TO NEED THOSE FEW DROPS OF MILK. I THINK YOU CAN GET RID OF THEM.

I'm done with people obsessing over Monster and other energy drinks. You're better off without them, man.

Oh, and don't even get me started on the internet.

When people make a typo with "ROFL" or "LMAO". It ends up as either "ROLF" or "LAMO". It's funny, but sounds really stupid at the same time.
Hey, there have been occasions where I've rolled on a laughing floor.

DeadlyTurnip

Smash Journeyman

OMG! amen that, I hate it too.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
I could go on and on with this post, but I'll keep it short.

-When two light switches control the same light, it's irritating especially when both of them are up but the light is off. I always have to manipulate the light switches to get them the way I like them.

-Tangled wires.

-The fact that my bed sheets never seem to be big enough, no matter how big they are.

-The fact that I have to ruin my Wii's stylish lines by opening the doors on top for my GC controller and memory card.

-Batteries popping out of the remote when I drop it.

-When I feel like petting a dog a little bit, and after stopping it annoys me to pet it some more while I'm doing something else.
Wow. I can fully agree with each and every one of those, especially the one about three-way light switches. I just can't stand turning out the light by flicking the switch up. If it means walking across the room and then back again through the dark, so be it! DOWN=OFF!!!

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Overrated things. By hyping something up so much, you make it suck. Halo is a fine example of this. IT'S A GENERIC SHOOTER! IT'S NOT THAT GOOD!
Thank you. This is exactly why [most] Halo fanboys annoy me. Sorry, anybody who likes Halo, but I don't see what's so great about it. I played it once, and I thought, "Mmmm... This isn't all it's cracked up to be."

When girls pretend they're into you and once they walk past you they laugh. That's happened to me so much, when a girl passes by me and looks at me I'm sure they're making fun of me. I'm a geek anyways, so I sort of expect it, but...it's unnecessary. I did nothing to you.
10char.

Although most girls at my school have grown out of that, it still annoys me to think about how they used to do that to me. I don't understand why they just make fun of people.

Done with the quoting now, here's some more things that annoy me:

1. TV shows that show kids playing generic 8-bit video games. It annoys me to death to see a kid on a cartoon holding a FREAKIN' 22-YEAR-OLD CONTROLLER and playing some generic, pixelated space-shooting game on it. Why not show any good games, like Zelda, or Metroid Prime, or Smash Bros.?

2. Skaterdudes in general annoy the hell out of me. Seriously, why does everyone that skateboards have to get in trouble at school all the time, be slobby and messy, act mean and rude, and WHY are they always the most popular ones?

3. It annoys me when people try to ask me questions and/or make a conversation with me when there are lots of other people around that can hear us. Since I'm shy, I usually hesitate to speak, and they say something like, "What? Speak up, I can't hear you!". Especially whenever it's about something that I don't really want to talk about in front of other people. It's usually only adults who do this to me. It seriously makes me want to run to the nearest living thing and kill it.

EDIT:

B.U.S. said:
Hey, there have been occasions where I've rolled on a laughing floor.
This.

10laughingfloors.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
"Lol". Say "Hahaha!", use an emoticon, or shut up. It's such an annoying term.
It's weird, I actually think "Hahaha" is kinda sarcastic. An emoticon is fine though.

When people call video games "computer" games.
Computer games are a British term, Video games are American.

Like the hoover. We have hoovers, you have vacuum cleaners.

D

Deleted member

Americans have trucks, British have lorries...
mirite?

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Yeah, and we have trousers, and you have pants. Pants are boxer shorts and knickers and things over here.

That reminds me, here's a tiny little thing that annoys me. Anytime I'm watching an American show and they say something like "Ow my fanny hurts".

Makes me cringe everytime.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
It's weird, I actually think "Hahaha" is kinda sarcastic. An emoticon is fine though.
Well, it can sound sarcastic, but there's got to be a way around "lol". It annoys me so much.

Computer games are a British term, Video games are American.

Like the hoover. We have hoovers, you have vacuum cleaners.
The thing is, those I know that call video games "computer" games aren't British nor are they trying to refer to that. They just plain call them computer games. Which might not be annoying to you, but since the term for them in America is "video games", and I am in America, I find it to be an incorrect term.

A couple of other things I just thought of.

1. "Thanks for not" signs. If you want to say "Please do not touch the objects in the museum" or something like that, fine. But uh...saying "Thank you for not touching the objects in the museum" doesn't sound right. For all they know, you HAVE touched the objects in the museum. Or that sign assuming you haven't might make people want to do it just to spite the sign. Does that annoy anyone else?
  2. People who make out in public. I don't want to see that. Especially when you aren't in a relationship at the moment, because you're bitter and want to throw something at them.
  3. When famous people feel it necessary to express their political opinions, and it has nothing to do with their profession. I don't like politics, they stress me out, and so whether they're a musician or an actor/actress, I don't want to have politics mixed in with the music/movie/TV Show.

That's all I've got for now.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
  1. "Thanks for not" signs. If you want to say "Please do not touch the objects in the museum" or something like that, fine. But uh...saying "Thank you for not touching the objects in the museum" doesn't sound right. For all they know, you HAVE touched the objects in the museum. Or that sign assuming you haven't might make people want to do it just to spite the sign. Does that annoy anyone else?
It's called "guilt trip". Those buggers think by thanking you for a rule you disobeyed, you'll feel bad and have to cry yourself to sleep.

1. TV shows that show kids playing generic 8-bit video games. It annoys me to death to see a kid on a cartoon holding a FREAKIN' 22-YEAR-OLD CONTROLLER and playing some generic, pixelated space-shooting game on it. Why not show any good games, like Zelda, or Metroid Prime, or Smash Bros.?
Watch House. I've caught him playing Metroid in at least 3 different episodes.

Yah, I know, Hugh Laurie isn't a kid.

Top Bottom