• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are some little tiny things that annoy you?

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I can't believe I never posted in this thread.

I hate how some people pronounce the word 'sure' as 'shore,' rather than 'sher.'

Also, I'm one of those people that has a deep, unnatural hatred towards the idea of anime. Why? I don't know. But I just can't stand the idea of it. Of course, whenever I watch it with friends, I don't hate it. It's strange, really.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Everyone who is enjoying this thread: Join my social group about pet peeves. http://smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=67

Anyway, I hope most talk about peeves go to my social group, but just to be on topic, I hate when people say "I shot the front seat" or something. Shot? You can call things, but what's with shotting them? "I call the front seat" actually makes sense at least. My newest thing to counter the annoying "shot" is to take it literally. Example:

"Okay, class, everybody choose partners for the project."

"I shot mike!"

"QUICK! CALL AN AMBULANCE!"

~rh

Smash Lord
^ That reminds me. I hate it when people write e-action like:

:*-runs away-*:

Thats just too much.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
it annoys me when i am nice and hold a door for a stranger and they don't say thank you or give a head nod or anything. i don't have to hold the door for these people i am going slightly out of my way to be nice and they act like doors should be held for them. Also if i am holding it for a group that came together and the last one says thank you that is not that bad since its like they are saying thank you for the whole group but when groups who are not together come in and only one groups says thanks it makes me hate that other group.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Having a 12 gig download limit a month and a sister who likes to download a ****load of anime.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
One of my pet peeves is when a person constantly tries to get you to look at something, when your already pre-occupied.

Another one is it being to hot outside or where ever, but ah well, guess that may be a common one.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
well...

-when someone purposely cough with an annoying voice
-when my playstation 2 won't read my Memory Card properly and have to blow air through the little opening on it for it to work
-when someone acts like a total punk and thinks thier a big "hot shot" whwn their really nothing at all
-when someone like to rattle with their keys
-when I hear a piece of cardboard foam being scratched
-when I close a door but it opens back up and have to close it again

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
I find those who spend a lot of money on an HDTV (and Super HD 0_o). Is it really necessary to spend a vast amount of money to see a picture clearer? As long as you can visually understand what is going on, it should not matter.

I also find those who post, 'Someone, get a mod!' in spam, do not have brains and find myself sighing everytime this reoccurs.

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
I hate when you rip a piece of paper out of a notebook, and its not perfectly even.
Also when I try to say something important, and someone interupts with a dumb statement(probably a common one)
When people sneeze like 6 times in a row.
I hate when I get a chunk of something like tomato in my food, it just takes the whole taste away, I hate tomatoes!
Also, when you are singing/humming/whistling a song, and someone else just joins in.
And also when people take my jokes, and use them, and the other person thinks that they came up with it.
And finally, I hate those ppl with no friends just randomly butts into your conversation, states their own opinion, and they think that you actually care what they have to say.

~rh

Smash Lord
I hate it when annoying girls meow. Meowing is supposed to be cute, and when annoying girls do it, it's just not. It becomes a nuisance.

Sorta similar to when big girls wear clothes that are too revealing. It's supposed to be hot... but they just make it completely opposite.

D13

Smash Ace
I just came up with another one. I hate it when I have to rip things out of my composition book. It's not spiral bound, so it's really irritating. >_>

CodaBear17

Smash Journeyman
I hate when you rip a piece of paper out of a notebook, and its not perfectly even.
Also when I try to say something important, and someone interupts with a dumb statement(probably a common one)
When people sneeze like 6 times in a row.
I hate when I get a chunk of something like tomato in my food, it just takes the whole taste away, I hate tomatoes!
Also, when you are singing/humming/whistling a song, and someone else just joins in.
And also when people take my jokes, and use them, and the other person thinks that they came up with it.
And finally, I hate those ppl with no friends just randomly butts into your conversation, states their own opinion, and they think that you actually care what they have to say.

Lol the sneezing one I dont get...Why do hate that?

~L~

Smash Cadet
It bothers me when people can not be reasoned with. A person which,even if you had 50 facts that contridicted his statement,he would continue to accept his belief as fact.

digitalmaster287

Smash Journeyman
Grammar nazis...my mortal enemy. I hate it when people correct grammar when it is an unimportant thing and you could still understand the sentence perfectly well. Like ending sentences with prepositions for example.

FuryX

Smash Cadet
people who smell bad, it pisses me off so much, theres a reason why showers and tooth brushes were created. Especially if people mistake you as the one who smells.

superman969

Smash Journeyman
I concur with the stanky people thing.

I HATE when people chew with their mouth open.
I hate when people troll / flame / don't contribute to the discussion.
I hate when people use absolutely horrid grammar, although mine isn't great.
I hate arrogant people that aren't justified.

I have lots others and I'll edit this when I think of them lol

Elysium

Smash Lord
I hate it when I lose at Poker. Not only did you just lose a game, you also lost money....a lot of money...too much money.

Bad Production of Music Albums.

The Dollar going to Hell, and not being able to afford to import my music from Europe anymore.

"Rolling Blackouts" from Cox Cable

People who say "I don't know" when they really know the answer

The Sun

That show "I survived a Japanese Gameshow"

People that don't know how to drive (correctly)

Loud Drunks

The inability to communicate properly

Scientology

And People who can't take a joke.

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
Lol the sneezing one I dont get...Why do hate that?
It might be because my dad has probably the most loud, and annoying sneeze you will ever hear in your life. And he always does it like at least 5 times in a row.

I got some new ones:
When someone vaccums when I am trying to listen to something.
When you are winning a game by alot, but then lose.
When you accidently kill a shiny/legendary pokemon in the origional GBA games (has only happened to me with legendaries, thank God not shinies).

solesoul

Smash Apprentice
Reality TV. Its awful. It makes me want to scratch my eyeballs out! I dont even care what A list celebrities do when they arent acting in a movie, so what makes the reality tv creators think that I'm even slightly interested in the "real" (read scripted) hijinks of a bunch of b and c listers?

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
People who post one line in a topic to say that they have nothing to do with what the topic says. For instance:

TOPIC: "Are you adopted? I am, I found out when I was six. What about you?"

Pet peeve: "No, I'm not adopted."

Why do people do this? Is there anything to be gained?

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Grammar nazis...my mortal enemy. I hate it when people correct grammar when it is an unimportant thing and you could still understand the sentence perfectly well. Like ending sentences with prepositions for example.
you forgot to capitalize "Nazi" :) (DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT SUPPORT NAZISM).

and i also agree with Mr.Lombardi's thing about one liners that do not contribute anything to a thread. worse than one liners are the essays that some people write and still don't contribute anything, ie, this:

From the picture thread.
i still have no photo to show
however, i believe that it is indeed quite tedious to take the camera out of the case, turn it on, adjust the lighting, open the lens (yes even digital cameras have lenses), take a photo, hook up the camera to your computer, upload the photo to your computer, convert that image into something such as .PNG or.JPG, upload that to photoshop, unhook the camera, turn it off, and put it back inside its case for the sole purpose of making one simple post in a topic. besides, even if nobody knows you, i wouldn't want to post a picture of my face online.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Similarly, people who quote others and say "I agree." Just another way to spam.

Also, I'm not a grammer Nazi, it just annoys me when people don't even TRY to use proper grammer. It's okay when you have flaws, if you can understand what a person is saying. But I don't want to have to guess, piece together, or decode what somebody is saying. It's ridiculous when you have trouble figuring out what somebody trying to say.

Amide

Smash Lord
People who post one line in a topic to say that they have nothing to do with what the topic says. For instance:

TOPIC: "Are you adopted? I am, I found out when I was six. What about you?"

Pet peeve: "No, I'm not adopted."

Why do people do this? Is there anything to be gained?
Post count +1. Which in reality, means nothing. But some people think it makes them look smarter. Go figure.

Plazma

Smash Apprentice
I hate phony people. That depresses me. Anyone get that reference? Thats holden caulfield from cathcer in the rye. But yea I guess phony people do annoy me, and when people lie right to your face.

JFox

Smash Hero
it annoys me when i am nice and hold a door for a stranger and they don't say thank you or give a head nod or anything. i don't have to hold the door for these people i am going slightly out of my way to be nice and they act like doors should be held for them. Also if i am holding it for a group that came together and the last one says thank you that is not that bad since its like they are saying thank you for the whole group but when groups who are not together come in and only one groups says thanks it makes me hate that other group.
Its funny you should mention this because its my pet peeve when people go out of the way to hold the door for me. And than I have to go "thank you" as if I actually enjoyed the experience. I can open doors for myself, and it pisses me off that people feel obligated to do me a favor that I would prefer they don't do. Yet there are so many **** people that this, that there is no point in trying to educate them. So the only thing you can do is either say nothing making yourself look like a prick, or say thank you regardless of the fact that that you aren't appreciative, and than you feel like a prick.

I also hate when people unnecessarily stop for you when you are waiting to cross the road. There are times when someone may be going like 30-40 miles an hour on a non-busy road. I come the crosswalk, and they feel the need to stop and let me pass. No person is actually willing to make the assumption that the car is going to stop for them to walk until the car has almost completely stopped. By the ****in time the come to a full stop, it actually has taken LONGER for the person waiting at the crosswalk than it would have if the person in the vehicle had just continued at the 40 mile/hour pace, and had just passed me.

Basically my pet peeve is UNNECESSARY acts of kindness.

Amide

Smash Lord
Its funny you should mention this because its my pet peeve when people go out of the way to hold the door for me. And than I have to go "thank you" as if I actually enjoyed the experience. I can open doors for myself, and it pisses me off that people feel obligated to do me a favor that I would prefer they don't do. Yet there are so many **** people that this, that there is no point in trying to educate them. So the only thing you can do is either say nothing making yourself look like a prick, or say thank you regardless of the fact that that you aren't appreciative, and than you feel like a prick.

I also hate when people unnecessarily stop for you when you are waiting to cross the road. There are times when someone may be going like 30-40 miles an hour on a non-busy road. I come the crosswalk, and they feel the need to stop and let me pass. No person is actually willing to make the assumption that the car is going to stop for them to walk until the car has almost completely stopped. By the ****in time the come to a full stop, it actually has taken LONGER for the person waiting at the crosswalk than it would have if the person in the vehicle had just continued at the 40 mile/hour pace, and had just passed me.

Basically my pet peeve is UNNECESSARY acts of kindness.
On the first one, I agree with you. But society isn't like that yet, so I have to say 'thank you' anyway to avoid looking strange.

The second one, yeah, but only if it's in the middle of nowhere. Nothing's more frustrating when you have to walk across a busy street and ten cars go by without stopping.

StealthSupreme

Smash Rookie
What irritates me is when people demonstrate what is clearly a lack of proper critical thinking skills.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that unwarranted stupidity is a pet peeve of mine.

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
How did I forget this one?!?!

So my high school is pretty crowded, so during classes, there are very crowded hallways, naturally. But then there are those freaking annoying people who walk as slowly as they possibly can!!!! Ask any of my friends, and they will say I am a fast walker, but when I am road blocked by some stupid people, that just makes me want to punch them.

Aleol

Smash Journeyman
It's just being polite, jfox. Some people were brought up to just do that sort of thing, and most do it unconciously. I'm one of those people

Top Bottom