• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are some indie games you’d wish for more exposer through a crossover like Fraymakers

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
Just want to hear about some lesser known indie games. Doesn’t have to have characters. (I don’t know many indie games)

FazDude

Smash Master
Honestly, I hope we get more exposure to smaller indies in general, but there is one in particular that I hope gets something... and you can probably guess where this is going.

Anna herself would make for a great, Smash-Pac-Man-style character, but I'd be just as thrilled about a stage (Lava Factory would be preferable just for the music). I dunno, I just really like this game. I want other people to like it too.

(oh and also while peppino having an anton-based costume is great, i really hope we get some true antonball/blast content down the line)

silenthunder

3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
Honestly, I hope we get more exposure to smaller indies in general, but there is one in particular that I hope gets something... and you can probably guess where this is going.

Anna herself would make for a great, Smash-Pac-Man-style character, but I'd be just as thrilled about a stage (Lava Factory would be preferable just for the music). I dunno, I just really like this game. I want other people to like it too.

(oh and also while peppino having an anton-based costume is great, i really hope we get some true antonball/blast content down the line)
Wonder if my dad would play Annalynn also where’d you hear about the Antonblast costume in Fraymakers?

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
So, like, I genuinely don't think this is obscure by any means but I'm really surprised at how few indie titles include anything from Lethal League or Lethal League: Blaze.

1667845888420.png

I feel like it's such a weird thing not to include in most indie crossovers because of simply how much there is to work with here. Unique character designs and a visual look that makes it unique from other indie games in a good way, plenty of interesting music and location stuff to work with as well as extra content if you're feeling chaotic, and an overall interesting premise that lends well to cool character concepts - whether it be a projectile master similar to Guilty Gear's Venom in fighting games, or a funky and fast-paced racer in karting games, and anything in between. Yet, even so, Lethal League hasn't yet really graced the presence of a lot of indie rosters.

A small part of me thinks it might be because of potential issues with music licensing if nothing else. Given that the OST of both games is made by a wide variety of composers (including Hideki Naganuma of Jet Set Radio fame amongst others!), I think it's probably that that holds the IP back from really getting its chance in the limelight. Couple this with the fact that the game's developers, TeamReptile, are currently working on a whole new game in the form of Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, I feel it might be coming to the twilight of the point where this indie IP could see recognition - and honestly... I can't help but think it's kind of a shame.

silenthunder

3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
So, like, I genuinely don't think this is obscure by any means but I'm really surprised at how few indie titles include anything from Lethal League or Lethal League: Blaze.

View attachment 363360

I feel like it's such a weird thing not to include in most indie crossovers because of simply how much there is to work with here. Unique character designs and a visual look that makes it unique from other indie games in a good way, plenty of interesting music and location stuff to work with as well as extra content if you're feeling chaotic, and an overall interesting premise that lends well to cool character concepts - whether it be a projectile master similar to Guilty Gear's Venom in fighting games, or a funky and fast-paced racer in karting games, and anything in between. Yet, even so, Lethal League hasn't yet really graced the presence of a lot of indie rosters.

A small part of me thinks it might be because of potential issues with music licensing if nothing else. Given that the OST of both games is made by a wide variety of composers (including Hideki Naganuma of Jet Set Radio fame amongst others!), I think it's probably that that holds the IP back from really getting its chance in the limelight. Couple this with the fact that the game's developers, TeamReptile, are currently working on a whole new game in the form of Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, I feel it might be coming to the twilight of the point where this indie IP could see recognition - and honestly... I can't help but think it's kind of a shame.
That was one of the first games I got for the switch. It was really good. Was planning on getting BRCF for Christmas before they set back the release. I don’t think the creator wants his characters to be used in someone else’s game based on things he’s said though. Indie pogo has tried.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
It’s not really the kind of thing that can get into fraymakers or something like that but there’s one I’ve always really liked called Will: A Wonderful World

I’ve only heard about it at first because there’s a physical edition that’s pretty common for switch. It’s basically a puzzle game where you’re a god and people write you letters when they’re in trouble so you have to switch around the sentences to make it so that the letters have different messages. It’s actually pretty hard but it’s a fun concept and has some of my favorite characters in videogames ever.

The story is definitely convoluted at times since a lot of the people’s stories are linked to each other and some strange things can happen but it’s still a really compelling story and I find it super fun. It’s not for everyone but I think it deserves more love. Also there’s a cat in it who can write you letters so already a great game.

I guess I should warn anyone who wants to play it though, it is very dark and some of the stories extensively deal with things like abuse or murder and it can be pretty graphic some times

silenthunder

3DS FC
0490-6839-9144

View attachment 363360

There is a Lethal League reference in Catlateral damage (In the form of a toy you knock on the ground). So maybe its possible.
d4cc5c9277a0400094e1ec333053da99.png

Last edited:

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
1676951475934.png

I would love to see content from World of Goo appear in Indie Crossover media. It doesn't necessarily have the potential for a playable character unless you really try (which I have done, but it was a bit of a stretch). It does, however, have loads of potential for stages and music!

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I have a few MW's (like Subject ZERO or a side-over-protag Shovel Knight rep) but as far as exposure goes, I would love to see one of the creatures from Monster Sanctuary as an assist, Dysis from Evan's Remains would be cool, and I think Grimm from Letterquest would also be pretty sick.

EDIT: Oh, also, Disc Jam goes crazy. If the disc got in as an item, I'd love that.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Super 3D Crunk Bros - probably the most niche nostalgia spiritual successor ever, for all the 3D Maze Man fans. Been a fan of Lenstar's stuff since his Mugman series, he does a great job of catching that 90s internet-for-kids aesthetic.

Last edited:

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
Super 3D Crunk Bros - probably the most niche nostalgia spiritual successor ever, for all the 3D Maze Man fans. Been a fan of Lenstar's stuff since his Mugman series, he does a great job of catching that 90s internet-for-kids aesthetic.
That Gilbert Gottfried impression is incredible.

Last edited:

silenthunder

3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
Is the main
Is the main character a potato chip? What's his name?

silenthunder

3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
View attachment 368454

I would love to see content from World of Goo appear in Indie Crossover media. It doesn't necessarily have the potential for a playable character unless you really try (which I have done, but it was a bit of a stretch). It does, however, have loads of potential for stages and music!
I could see this working in the game. McLeod asked slime ranchers for permission already but they said no. The fact that the tried means your goo is on the table.

(like Subject ZERO or a side-over-protag Shovel Knight rep)
What if there's an indie crossover game with TWO Shovel Knight reps, and one of them is a side character to go along with Shovel Knight? Would you still cross that MW off your bucket list?

Regardless, I would love to see a lot more indie game exposure in general. There's a lot more than just Shantae, Shovel Knight, Undertale, FNAF, or A Hat in Time, for instance. Heck, there's a lot more than ALL the beloved ones combined!

silenthunder

3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
I'd like an eGames rep like Eggbert, a Positech rep like the Kudos Avatar (a life sim game), I really liked Shoot Many Robots on the 360 (Hopefully those characters are owned by Demiurge and not Ubisoft), the Divinity games are really good and I'd like some sort of dystopian rep. (My picks would be Catherine Delacroix or Carl Stein from Orwell or Beholder)

silenthunder

3DS FC
0490-6839-9144

View attachment 363360

Just bought catlateral damage. To my knowledge I own all games with Lethal League References.

silenthunder

3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
Petal Crash immediately springs to mind, but I'm not sure about others that would be interested if it hasn't already happened. As a genre/category, I think furry visual novels like those released by the Echo Project would be interesting depending on the character/source.
Petal Crash's music is so upbeat and positive. I think they'd fit great in the game especially since they said Postal Dude has zero chance. They probably want the more cheery characters. A visual novel character would be cool as well. One of my most wanteds is from a life sim.

Greenhorne Ethan

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-4106-6771-3326
Petal Crash's music is so upbeat and positive. I think they'd fit great in the game especially since they said Postal Dude has zero chance. They probably want the more cheery characters. A visual novel character would be cool as well. One of my most wanteds is from a life sim.
Oh yeah, any visual novel for sure, anything to distance the medium from the "anime girl dating sim" kind of stereotype.

Top Bottom