• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

West Midlands Monthly Next: Feb 11/12th!!!!!!..Look in thread!! BIRMINGHAM!

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Hao:-

I'm looking to do these every month or so, so if you ARE interested in learning SSBM come to one of these (or i'll bring it on a Dojo night) so you can learn + practice.

First tournament was a little odd (went straight into brackets) but from now on we'll be doing pools, then top 2 from pools into brackets, and then points will be given accordingly.

Next tournament will be on February the 26th, Vanity Angel, Professor Pro (two of the top UK players) and Jolteon are coming down too.

OVERALL RANKINGS
??

Feb 26th:

Probs something like
1: Fuzzy
2: Prof
3: Jolteon
4: Yeniths
5: Tamoo
5: King NDJ
7: Brado
7: Hao
9: Ddiz
9: Smo

Off the top of my head?

And doubles must have been something like

1: Prof Jolteon
2: Fuzz Ganon
3: Tamoo Yeniths
4: Ddiz Hao (?)
5: Brado King (?)

Not too sure on 4/5

Ok so here's the plan:

Venue is here - http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=b4+7...ed=0CAgQ8gEwAA

http://www.globalgaming.co.uk/html/contact_us.html

Date will be ??, from 10:00 til' 5:00PM (I'll leave registration and such til' about, 11:00 or 12:00, arrive around 11:30 would be good. so you don't need to come THAT early really, just the place opens up early so why not).

TOURNAMENT START IS AT 12 NOON ON THE DOT SO PLEASE DO NOT BE LATE!!!

Price is £4 per person.
Tournament entry is £2.
Prize pot split will be 70/20/10??? May change the split, prob not.

RULES

General:

All matches will be 4 stock matches, with a time limit set to 7 minutes.
All sets will be the best out of 3 matches, except for the finals which are best out of 5.
Items are OFF.
If there is a tie at the end of the time limit, then the person with more stocks wins. If both players have the same amount of stocks, then the person with the lower percent of damage wins.
Wobbling is Banned!
You will be disqualified if you use any freezing glitches, such as the Ice Climbers' Freeze Glitch or Mewtwo's Soul Stunner.
Any non-first party controllers must be inspected by an official before use.
Performance altering controller modifications are not allowed.
Stalling a match is not allowed (such as wall-jumping under Battlefield), but recovery tactics such as Peach's Wall-Bombing, and Jigglypuff's Rising Pound are allowed.
Dave's Modified Stupid Rule will be in effect. No player may pick a stage he's won on during one set.
Pausing during a match will result in a loss of one stock during the match being played.

Neutrals 1v1:

FD
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:

FD
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

Stage Striking will be in effect for the first match of the set. The player with the lower port will get to choose the first strike. Loser choses ban before next match.

One ban per player per set. To be chosen after loss.

Modified DSR: You cannot go back to the last stage you won in a set, unless agreed upon by the other player.

The player choice clause!:: If both players agree to a rule outside of this ruleset, feel free to play by that. If one player wants to counterpick Mute City and the other player is fine with that because they think it's a fair stage, then that is more than fine. However in the event the two players disagree, house rules stand.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Wait Yeniths isnt going to Berlin WTF?

Ohh and Wed 31st i'll be at college so no can do bout that.

Tamoo

Smash Master
george flaked? Man that sucks. I'm afraid I can't, I'd have to either save my days off for this or ur tournament and your's looks more awesome tbh :/

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Is Brawl gonna be at this?

Even if there is no Brawl I will be here anyway!

I should be bringing a gamecube+melee as well!

Kone

Smash Master
There wont be brawl. This is specifically to practice melee for Berlin. I wont need people to bring setups as I have enough. Just need two copies of melee.

Tam - I understand. My tournament will be much better lol.

Kone

Smash Master
king - will pm you my number. you can come over anytime on the wednesday. people arriving from 11 in the morning through to evening time :) just let me know when your heading over. the train station is literally a minute from my house. just get there then ring my mob and ill toodle rounf :)

smudge-they will in the future be weekends. this is only on a wed cos its the day before we are heading to berlin and im taken time of work =)

Kone

Smash Master
This is still happening. Let me know if you are coming. Im in a new house on my own all week so would appreciate some company folks ^_^

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
whos coming this then? I'm still interested (and so is the rest of LC i believe) in coming to this...

Kone

Smash Master
For those coming 2moro give me a call when you get into Birmingham on 07982248134 and ill sort out getting you or getting you to my house. Anyone welcome.

Kone

Smash Master
If ANYONE wants to come you can. People are here! there is beer, housing, beds, pizzas, man hugs etc. Wlecome to stay a night or two. Plenty of smash. If you are coming my number is above just give me a ring/tet when you get into birmingham!!!!!

leicester you guys coming? willz, brado, calzum ? more people the merrier!!

Top Bottom