• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

West Midlands Monthly Next: Feb 11/12th!!!!!!..Look in thread!! BIRMINGHAM!

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
Looking forward to it hao.....those 5 matches were the most intense matches ive ever played.
There is no result to post...was only me hao bmac and my brother there today

B.Mack

Smash Ace
Dopl was at the venue last saturday because he thought it was May 21st for some reason. unlucky.

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
didnt realise this was set for 21st
george/hao u guys up for some fox dittos? im doing an experiement to see if playing fox will improve my falco....
also bmack SERIOUSLY?!

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Playing Fox improved my Falco. It was weird but playing Falco I felt like I could just take it easier as everything was slower. Took a while to get used to Falcos Shine Nair stuff on sheilds tho.

I've been playing more Falco then Fox lately tho.

X1-12

Smash Champion
I dunno, when I try to practise them both at the same time I find Fox makes me mess stuff up with Falco by trying to do it too fast, I had a day of playing like solid Fox and the next day I kept short hopping out of shine instead of Waveshining when I switched back to Falco :/

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Yeah I agree to, just have to remember to play more relaxed and thus slower when I go back to Falco. I still find it really hard switching between the two as it means I mess up simple stuff.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I dunno, when I try to practise them both at the same time I find Fox makes me mess stuff up with Falco by trying to do it too fast, I had a day of playing like solid Fox and the next day I kept short hopping out of shine instead of Waveshining when I switched back to Falco :/
Switching between those 2 is hard. You generally need to be quite experienced to be able to play the 2 at a decent level at the same time, so probably only play a bit with fox for now

GanonWagon

Smash Rookie
O_O EMM!!! when i saw doubles with 'Fuzz Ganon' would that be me o .0? and btw ddiz yur fox might be getting better but still i win 9matches out of 10 o3o roughly oh yea go me its 'THE PUNCH's birthday .....btw i remembered my old acc :D

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
so whos actually coming to this? theres not enough hype...or does everyone else have exams?

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Exams are stupid but I'll try my best to make it as I havn't had a good smash session in a while but if I can't its stupid Uni getting in my way, just have exams left now, well 2 in fact so hopefully revision goes ok! :)

Yeniths

East Midlands!
it might bee worth changing the date as I know exams suck for A LOT of people =/

After May 29th is best for me =/

really sucks tho as I'm itching to play some smash...

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
yeah i think moving the date is a good idea..after all more people = more fun / targets to destroy

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
ggs guys had alot of fun
.......well i wouldve said something along these lines if i played some peepz...

VA

Smash Hero
Any players from this area wanting to come to a smashfest in early June?

Yeniths I'm looking at you, though expecting you probably have exams or something.

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
- I'll be back in the area soon too. Come at me and my Swedish moves bros.

VA I'd be in for that. I'll be back in the Midlands from the 12th June onwards.

Global Gaming

Smash Journeyman
Gonna copypaste what I said in the Midlands thread...

"Okay guys, I am going to be hosting a fest (like my old fests back in 2009) in late June/early July, and I want lots of people to come, mainly from the Midlands and the North. I want the scene around here to get going again as it really seems dead as of late, and I want it to get going again to it's highs back in 2009.

After going expo and not being able to play any smash whatsoever it annoyed me considering there was smashers there, and I wanna see everyone again as it's getting onto a year now since my last proper tourney (I don't really count the Brummy tourney cuz there weren't that many people).

I just miss playing competitive and I want people to get motivated to start playing it again.

I will have a confirmed date for this in the next few days. I will have Brawl + Melee tourneys, food and drink for everyone and everyone can just chillax.

This WILL happen."

Hopefully, this will not conflict with the Birmingham monthlies, and I would like if we could organise something like a bi-weekly/monthly where it's a monthly at mine, then at Birmingham the next. I want the scene to get back how it used to be when I first joined in 2009, I miss the tournaments, the hype, everyone chilling, all the kind of ****.

I wanna get people motivated again (myself included), so we can acheive this.

Get ready for the return of Willz's monthlies, as everyone that's been to them knows how **** they are, so GET HYPE.

VA

Smash Hero
- I'll be back in the area soon too. Come at me and my Swedish moves bros.

VA I'd be in for that. I'll be back in the Midlands from the 12th June onwards.
I've never really heard of you but It'd be cool for you to make it.

Top Bottom