• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

West Coast Smash League

∫unk

Smash Master
yayuh gaara lookin forward to it

for those that need teams for brawl i main marth peeps :D

melee i main falco but it's garb all i do is shine d-air and maybe a few pew pews

64 i main everyone moneymatch lets gooo

pockyD

Smash Legend
yes because out of the three threads in pac west called "socal carpool" or something to that effect, no one else is going that you could ask for a ride

Gosu_Engineer

Smash Ace
yes because out of the three threads in pac west called "socal carpool" or something to that effect, no one else is going that you could ask for a ride
correct.

The reason I can't travel is my parents do not like my going places just for the sole purpose of playing video games. they are very controlling and I have to let them know about everything.

Since Junk is at least another student at UCSB I can play it off as a school function or something to that effect...

but I'd rather not talk about it. it makes me sad when I think about it

Gosu_Engineer

Smash Ace
I think that was sarcasm..obviously more than 15 people are coming up from socal..hes saying you can find other people to ask for rides.
true I would love to come, but I would need to make something up for my parents...oh well

the last thing I was able to attend (but ultimately couldn't) was the last UC crew battle since it was during the quarter and my parents would not have found out about it...

oh well rain check on this one fellas

pockyD

Smash Legend
no, this is an important issue that must be discussed here and now

anyways, they come up? why not just tell them not to come up because you're busy?

or more succinctly, what would you do different if that other guy could have given you a ride?

Gosu_Engineer

Smash Ace
no, this is an important issue that must be discussed here and now

anyways, they come up? why not just tell them not to come up because you're busy?

or more succinctly, what would you do different if that other guy could have given you a ride?
I could have introduced him in person if need be.

Some parents would say that; you're asian, you should know D:
****...that's my situation...I'm asian too.

Don't worry about me guys. Eventually I'll make it sometime if you keep holding tournies :)

pockyD

Smash Legend
so to get this straight; your parents would travel to wherever you are, meet the guy you are supposedly, spending the weekend with, then drive home

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
this was posted on the aib page

Day 1-December 20 2008 Saturday:
-8:00AM: Set Up & Friendlies (if you are bringing a TV or Wii please try to come before 9)
-9:00: Doors Open. Melee Doubles Registration begins.
-9:55: Melee Doubles Registration closes
-10:00: Melee Doubles Tournament begins.
~2:00PM: Brawl Singles Registration begins.
-8:00PM : Doors Close

Day 2-December 21 2008 Sunday:
-(see Day 1 set up times above)
-9:00AM: Doors Open.Brawl Doubles Registration begins.
-9:55: Registration closes
-10:00: Brawl Doubles Begins
~2:45PM: Melee Singles Registration Begins
-Melee Singles Begins at the end of Brawl Doubles

Shroomed

Smash Master
this was posted on the aib page

Day 1-December 20 2008 Saturday:
-8:00AM: Set Up & Friendlies (if you are bringing a TV or Wii please try to come before 9)
-9:00: Doors Open. Melee Doubles Registration begins.
-9:55: Melee Doubles Registration closes
-10:00: Melee Doubles Tournament begins.
~2:00PM: Brawl Singles Registration begins.
-8:00PM : Doors Close

Day 2-December 21 2008 Sunday:
-(see Day 1 set up times above)
-9:00AM: Doors Open.Brawl Doubles Registration begins.
-9:55: Registration closes
-10:00: Brawl Doubles Begins
~2:45PM: Melee Singles Registration Begins
-Melee Singles Begins at the end of Brawl Doubles

10 o clock is really early to start
good thing all tourneys start late and this will probably actually start at 11 or so

SuperRad

Smash Master
brawl singles can finish in one day. especially if you involve mandatory pre-registration, so you have pools set up before the tournament starts. then in the morning when people come in they pay their singles fee and you check them off the list as being there.

then, you can have either brawl doubles/melee singles or melee doubles/melee singles on the second day.
melee doubles will be the least popular event most likely, meaning it should be lowest priority.

Shroomed

Smash Master
brawl singles can finish in one day. especially if you involve mandatory pre-registration, so you have pools set up before the tournament starts. then in the morning when people come in they pay their singles fee and you check them off the list as being there.

then, you can have either brawl doubles/melee singles or melee doubles/melee singles on the second day.
melee doubles will be the least popular event most likely, meaning it should be lowest priority.
oh i beg to differ

melee doubles are 4 good

pockyD

Smash Legend
well if it were up to me, either brawl or melee would be scrapped entirely, and there'd be pools for both events for the other game -_-

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I must agree with Pocky. I'd rather have a well-run Brawl tourney with pools (perhaps even more than one round of pools) than a shittily run Melee/Brawl tourney. Of course I'd rather have a well-run Melee tourney above both, but that seems unlikely.

Also I really think Melee Doubles is better than Singles in every way, I really wish it were the 'main event' of tourneys.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
A good number of people from Socal are going just for Melee...

Anyway...

Haha. Something like that.
I didn't know YOU were subscribed to this thread. o_0

I'm one of your biggest fanboys. I love your Marth, Cactuar <3

Top Bottom