• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

West Coast Smash League

SuperRad

Smash Master
SERIOUS POST TIME!

Alright so on AiB Onski said that apparently the WCSL venue is only open till EIGHT PM
I am personally worried that all four events wont finish. If we figure that registration ends at 10:45 and we get the first event started at 11:30, that leaves only 8.5 hours on each day for tournament. Everything will need to be tightly ran to the max, especially since the tournament is looking at getting in the 150+ range for Brawl singles [and I wouldn't be surprised if it pulled 80+ for Melee].

I have some thoughts about this, but I don't really want to cause a panic right now.
I'm just really concerned about this tournament and I want to make sure it kicks copious amounts of ***.

darkatma

Smash Hero
eh
this tourney isn't run by darkrain or anyone good at running tournies (nealdt/kishes/mages)
it's not going to be successful anyways

doubleedit:
when has a large norcal tourney been successful anyways?

pockyD

Smash Legend
if the venue closes at 8, i'd seriously advise anyone coming from a reasonable distance (i.e. socal) not to come, or at least come without the expectation of a quality tournament experience (not to say hanging out with norcallers won't be awesome, but the tournament itself will obviously be rushed and fallacious under these circumstances)

$ick

Smash Lord
So people actually thought this tournament would be well ran? So many new kids from Brawl trying to run large tournaments, don't think any have gone well really.

I knew it would be trash when they had events like Rival matches and ****. And plus having a tourny with 10 different events is dumb.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
There's no point in saying, "Oh look, we have a major tournament held in our state and it'll probably suck." Do you see another major coming anytime soon for Melee? No? Thought so. So the people who actually take the game seriously will take what we can get and make it as good as possible... As long as it's able to be salvaged.

If you're just going to come in and say I told you so and pat yourself on the back, well, kindly stfu, no one cares, and you probably weren't coming to the tournament in the first place.

TOs, the community is willing to work with you as long as you're willing to work with us. Tell us your limitations and plan and we will tell you if it's going to work, and if it's not going to work, what we can do to help make it or another plan work. If it's absolutely not going to work, then we'll let you know so neither of us waste our time.

Irow

Smash Ace
So people actually thought this tournament would be well ran? So many new kids from Brawl trying to run large tournaments, don't think any have gone well really.

I knew it would be trash when they had events like Rival matches and ****. And plus having a tourny with 10 different events is dumb.
The rival crap is gone. And the host has changed to the guy who runs Bi-Weeklies over here.

There is just Melee Singles/Doubles and Brawl Melee/Doubles.

SuperRad

Smash Master
I say we cut an event. If you cut Brawl Doubles I think all other events could be ran fine.

Day 1 will be brawl singles and you run it mercilessly. You probably have 8 hours to run to it. Worst case scenario you finish it off while you are starting Melee the next day.

Day 2 will be Melee events and both can be run I think. Have sign ups for both events end in the morning, so you have what you need for the second event before the first event is close to being done. This will be tight, but it can be done.

whatevz
i just want all of the cool socal people to roll up to this.

darkatma

Smash Hero
we get it, you live in the midwest
Actually California smash is only about 1000x + better than midwest smash.
I'm surprised you didn't get that as well.
Just saying that norcal has never run any large scale tournies successfully.
Of course I want tournies to be run well and for there to be no Karthiks or Manaclouds.

edit:
I agree with P's post, the smash community can help facilitate tourney experience if you let us help.

Also @ P, looks like the main event is brawl, not melee.

Charoo

Smash Champion
brawl doubles is way better than brawl singles.

I'm 100% sure I wouldn't come if brawl doubles was cancel

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
who wants to team for melee

I do rests and stuff

Top Bottom