• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

West Coast Smash League

pockyD

Smash Legend
whoever's running the tournament (and subsequently, will be providing the important information) should have control of the first post

you can get a mod to just give you the first post in this thread, btw

onski?

Smash Ace
Brackets Vs Pools

EDIT: to start something that could start pages and pages lol, will there be pools or bracket??
pools vs brackets are being debated right now amongst us Nor Cal folk. we'll be posting a poll on AiB pretty soon, but feel free to debate the effectiveness of brackets and pools here.

onski?

Smash Ace
whoever's running the tournament (and subsequently, will be providing the important information) should have control of the first post

deja vu much? its chosen1's thread, pocky. i can't steal it away from him like i did on AiB, but i will create a new thread entirely.. this one is far too spammy

Miharu

Smash Hero
pools vs brackets are being debated right now amongst us Nor Cal folk. we'll be posting a poll on AiB pretty soon, but feel free to debate the effectiveness of brackets and pools here.
pools >>>>>>>> brackets

provided you keep time under control

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
It's pretty much a matter of how organized the TO's keep the tournament.

Don't let it be a blunder like NCT2. Norcal has been pretty good with the large scale tournaments and has I guess cleaned the reputation since then. This one was really hyped but now people are doubting the reliability so I hope the tournament turns out really well. (Especially since I am having an epic gathering with Socal at my house the night before the tournament.)

pockyD

Smash Legend
deja vu much? its chosen1's thread, pocky. i can't steal it away from him like i did on AiB, but i will create a new thread entirely.. this one is far too spammy
you even included that part in what you quoted

anyway, there's nothing to 'debate' about pools vs brackets. pools is better... if you have the time. whether you think you can get things done in time within the scheduling constraints is up to you, and shouldn't really be up for debate

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
It's pretty much a matter of how organized the TO's keep the tournament.

Don't let it be a blunder like NCT2. Norcal has been pretty good with the large scale tournaments )
No it hasn't.

Lets list my norcal tournament trips

1)NCT2. Really sucked, pools messed up, lack of TVs.
2)One of those norcal bi weeklies, it was gonna be a huge one. On the WAY UP TEHRE, IT GOT CANCELLED, and we had to go to some stockton tournament. Luckily DBR is amazing and since we housed with them it was still fun, but the large tourney itself got cancelled.
3)Axis didn't even have time for teams and singles ran horribly inefficient.

Three trips to norcal and all three tournies were pretty bad. Norcal has not been good with large scale tournies ^_^ I've had fun each time because you guys are too good.

I don't think this tournament will be ran well but I'm going for fun and to hang out with Chok ;D

ATTENTION! I NEED A TEAMMATE FOR WEST COAST SMASH LEAGUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Who's Champ teaming with?

Seems like a good opporunity since I've been teaming with Peach all my life but I don't wanna let Kim down.

Miztik

Smash Master
No it hasn't.

Lets list my norcal tournament trips

1)NCT2. Really sucked, pools messed up, lack of TVs.
2)One of those norcal bi weeklies, it was gonna be a huge one. On the WAY UP TEHRE, IT GOT CANCELLED, and we had to go to some stockton tournament. Luckily DBR is amazing and since we housed with them it was still fun, but the large tourney itself got cancelled.
3)Axis didn't even have time for teams and singles ran horribly inefficient.

Three trips to norcal and all three tournies were pretty bad. Norcal has not been good with large scale tournies ^_^ I've had fun each time because you guys are too good.
You guys should've went to BIO that tourney was really good....

there hosting a BIO 2 in feb

onski?

Smash Ace
well, the inside info is: we are leaning towards pools. i just wanted to play devil's advocate and vote brakkitzzz

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Well if you're doing pools I seriously hope onski can handle it. If he needs help I'm up to run a pool.

Shroomed

Smash Master
i shall control the mongrels in my pool

or however you spell it
just don't be like SJSU and have one pool finish an hour and a half after the others =)

i'm finally gonna meet the infamous neighborhood P

SuperRad

Smash Master
i want to stress the need for pools for melee singles
run brawl however you want
but pools for melee is the way to go

i say this partially because it seems a lot of socal melee players are coming up and i want them to be able to play as many norcal players in tournament [and vice versa]
and also because i will actually be entering melee singles and i would go two and out in a bracket but in pools i'll get 5+ matches, depending on how pools are run

also
i understand that you want to have this tournament appeal to the majority, onski. but i think having a poll for everything in this tournament isn't the right way to do this.
run it how you want
or ask some of the trusted people in the community to give you advice.

Top Bottom