• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

West Coast Smash League

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
I sorta wanna be a martyr for the melee community. I feel like I should get banned while giving a 6 page rant of why brawl misrepresents the (used to be) honorable smash community.

I hate brawl.

But I'm still gonna go to this for melee.
god **** rey if you bust that out i dont know if the socal scene would be the same lol...its too true

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I sorta wanna be a martyr for the melee community. I feel like I should get banned while giving a 6 page rant of why brawl misrepresents the (used to be) honorable smash community.

I hate brawl.

But I'm still gonna go to this for melee.
Make a new account after that.

If that one gets banned, keep doing it until you get IP banned.

If you get IP banned, use a proxy to get on SWF.

^
^
^
What I did

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
For all your might and knowledge, you not about Proxy's?

P, you really are a noob. You're still the coolest guy in SoCal tho. No freakin doubt....:lick:

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
For all your might and knowledge, you not about Proxy's?

P, you really are a noob. You're still the coolest guy in SoCal tho. No freakin doubt....:lick:
nah, a real noob would be too embarassed to ask

i sack up my pride as i search for knowledge :lick:

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
a proxy is a way to bypass lots of internet blocks such as website's IP blocking you, or schools blocking websites
there are programs that can hide or change your IP as well as simple websites you can go through to view sites

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Hey, thread creator:

You should really make a list of all the notable players coming to this tournament. Might be able to get some OOS competition too...

For all the hate this tourny has received, it looks like SoCal (myself included) is going to commit to this. So may as well try to do it properly...

pockyD

Smash Legend
it's probably too late to get extreme OOS attendance, given that it is near holiday time (which means pricier/scarcer travel options)

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
yeah of course it's too late to get a lot, but sethlon asked if there were any socal tournies to look out for on another forum so i decided it'd be a good idea to at least pitch it. it also has sort of a stacking effect -- if you even get a couple of initial OOS good players to sign on, it makes it more and more appealing to others

maybe AZ / TX/ CO / IDAHO (lmao) would be down or something, you never know

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
yeah of course it's too late to get a lot, but sethlon asked if there were any socal tournies to look out for on another forum so i decided it'd be a good idea to at least pitch it. it also has sort of a stacking effect -- if you even get a couple of initial OOS good players to sign on, it makes it more and more appealing to others

maybe AZ / TX/ CO / IDAHO (lmao) would be down or something, you never know
i might go.

I'm heading to Socal during winter break, and if I have to (i.e. Pretty much no one is left in socal) I'll go.

no, i know exactly what a proxy is, i just dunno how to do it

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
hey thread guy

u should put the date on the title page

Melee People

is it cool if i record finals and semis and stuff like that for melee. lol

EDIT: to start something that could start pages and pages lol, will there be pools or bracket??

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
sorry you guys cant talk about that **** in here its against the rules. specifically when it is to tell others how to dodge bans.

aznforce817

Smash Lord
hey onski
get this thread closed and start one w/o spam
all thread's gonna have some spam dude, especially big tournaments that wont happen for a few months.

Babidi got ***** by piccolo. but then finished off by Buu DUH! i just watched the series again. haha.

And yes Owner of the thread please make a list of the well known players coming adds more interests to people from other parts of the states to come and duke it out with em.

And you should put the date on the main title. :)

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
all thread's gonna have some spam dude, especially big tournaments that wont happen for a few months.
yeah it always makes me laugh when 95% of the board is spam and then they're like "hey guiz dis is important stfu." no spam means it'd be on page 2 and page 3 and spam is much preferable to no advertisement of a potentially good tournament

SuperRad

Smash Master
well
the thing is this thread has 0 posts that are useful past the first post. and it has 1676 posts total.

i think blowing up this thread and starting completely over would be good

although it doesn't really matter because socal is coming <3

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Yes, you can.
LOL good stuff on seeing a useful question and immediately answering on the next consecutive post. You're pretty good at this forum and now I want to go to your tournament, meet you, and shine your shoes.

onski?

Smash Ace
i want to blow this thread up like hell. but, alas, its not within my realm of power to do so. since this is Chosen1's thread only he can set fire to it. but i'll tell you this.. the venue has changed, and its still at San Francisco State, but instead of the HUM building its going to be here http://www.sfsu.edu/~meetings/facilitieshills.html.. i'll create a new thread but, again i can't imagine that it's going to be spam free..

Top Bottom