• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

West Coast Smash League

pockyD

Smash Legend
mostly targets unwanted/unexpected teen pregnancies

forcing these people to talk to their families usually isn't the best case (if you take into account their surroundings/circumstances)

forces them to go to unlicensed places under the radar which aren't safe etc
no it doesn't. it forces them to let their parents know before undertaking a medical operation

given, most of my knowledge of medical protocol is from house, m.d., but according to that, for any course of treatment, even medicine, but especially surgery, parental consent is required except in time-sensitive emergencies where they cannot be contacted. in that context, i find it hard to believe that abortion doesn't follow the same rules

in how many situations would they be objectively better off not letting their parents know? "mommy will be mad at me and ground me for a year" isn't necessarily bad for someone who makes a stupid mistake; our society accepts the parents' right to discipline their children within reason

Sony2.0

Smash Cadet
well thats becuz i wasnt scared at all he surpised me and bit my arm off and i kicked his *** wat else do u want, exlosions?

Miharu

Smash Hero
no it doesn't. it forces them to let their parents know before undertaking a medical operation

given, most of my knowledge of medical protocol is from house, m.d., but according to that, for any course of treatment, even medicine, but especially surgery, parental consent is required except in time-sensitive emergencies where they cannot be contacted. in that context, i find it hard to believe that abortion doesn't follow the same rules

in how many situations would they be objectively better off not letting their parents know? "mommy will be mad at me and ground me for a year" isn't necessarily bad for someone who makes a stupid mistake; our society accepts the parents' right to discipline their children within reason
most people who are getitng abortions let their parents know iirc

the ones that don't leave them uninformed for good reason (refer to bolded text)

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
um, a lot of times they'll get disowned or have to do something they don't want to do, in which case abortions via hangers go on the rise...

really shouldn't have to let your parents know any such thing

pockyD

Smash Legend
sorry, but if your parents are going to disown you or whatever, you were probably aware of that before you went and did the stupid thing and get knocked up, and it may or may not be within their reasonable course of action to punish you as they see fit

16 year olds are morons

and the original question was, who would bother voting to keep notification from being legal? especially given that people have already shown an unwillingness to let people do 'what they think is right' via the gay marriage thing, and while gays can vote, pregnant (and potentially pregnant) people under 18 can't, so there's not even a built-in support base

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
watch original, then fomoffu, then TSR.

full metal panic *****. one of my favorites.

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
someone linked part of fumoffu ep3 yesterday and the first 10 seconds are a boob grab and a punch in the face and i was on board

Zoap

Smash Master
if your kid gets knocked up you obviously arent being a very good parent in the first place.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
A good parent keeps good supervision upon his/her children (but not all the time where they feel their freedoms are restricted). Meaning, he wouldn't get into stupid stuff. Kids learn from their parents.

pockyD

Smash Legend
are you really sticking with the argument "bad things don't happen to the children of good parents"?

you must be 16 years old and knocked up because that's pretty stupid

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol children of good parents are actually very vulnerable

i should know lmao i went out with someone 4 years younger than me YAYUHZZZZZZ

(i wish she was 10 years younger than me)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LMAO that slogan is too good, i heard it before

(btw even newborns can pee)

can fetuses pee? dam i'd hit it

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
what i want to know is what the ppl who voted yes on 8 thought.said when they heard the end result. for me it was "awww, thats horrible!" id hope they werent like "YEAH **** THOSE ***GOTS" im thinking it was something along the lines of "Good."

Naota21t

Smash Champion
theres no solid definition for a good parent.

for example. i think my parents are fairly good, but that didn't stop me from getting some girl knocked up a while ago.

if u really wanna start arguing bout this its just gunna end up the whole nature vs nurture thing -_-

pockyD

Smash Legend
^that

for a parent to be "good" in that their kids for sure don't get into trouble, they would be need to be overbearing to the point that they are making them wear webcams on their heads

if a parent offers their children any "freedom", then the child is "free" to do whatever they want in that time.

it's entirely possible for a parent to keep their child out of trouble through [what most people would consider] an excessive presence in their lives, but that is by far the exception, not the rule

and also, it's very likely that they would become screwed up adults

edit: luis you're a daddy?

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
A good parent keeps good supervision upon his/her children (but not all the time where they feel their freedoms are restricted). Meaning, he wouldn't get into stupid stuff. Kids learn from their parents.
don't be stupid. you make it sound like that with the best parenting in the world, it's impossible for the child to come out screwed up or with off-kilter morals or whatever the ****.

nature > nurture but both matter

Miharu

Smash Hero
don't be stupid. you make it sound like that with the best parenting in the world, it's impossible for the child to come out screwed up or with off-kilter morals or whatever the ****.

nature > nurture but both matter
pretty much this

most studies have shown that parents have very little influence (if any at all) on the child's personality

SuperRad

Smash Master
I think giving your children freedom is part of being a good parent.

My parents are what I would consider good, and they give me a lot of freedom to do things.
For example, about once or twice a week this summer I would come home between 4-5 AM. Some might question my parents for letting me do this. But, they had faith in me because they raised me right.

I dunno, that's just my take.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
edit: luis you're a daddy?
i woulda been like 4 years ago. but nope. im too immature and irresponsible back then to be a dad. ****, even now i'd probably say the same thing lol.

at least im somewhat more responsible now.

btw

internet > nature + nurture.

serious talk.

Top Bottom