• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

West Coast Smash League

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
8? like the 8 snakes aggressively slithering up my urethra?

sometimes i like to give mental images

mentos images

the fresh maker

embracethe12

Smash Lord
the argument isn't* really fully based on the economic advantages.
it's over something trivial, like the name.
I read that most people say that they can have their rights and privileges and anything else, they just want it to be called something else other than "marraige." Their argument was that that word strictly belongs between a man and woman.

eh, it's dumb.
and lmao for people putting more money into prop 8 than any other one.

it's mahvel baby

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
consider how many of the voters are heterosexual married couples, and/or christian

not saying they will all vote the same way

but the majority of them will vote yes

anyway

if this isnt passed... edrees told me he won't be able to counter pick brokeback icicle mountain on me =\

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
I begrudgingly tolerate chok spam in random topics but when we start talking about all the props, especially prop 8, and chok comes in and starts talking about ****ing mentos and that mvc video...:urg:

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
consider how many of the voters are heterosexual married couples, and/or christian

not saying they will all vote the same way

but the majority of them will vote yes
Yes this explains the vote phenomenologically, but it doesn't justify it necessarily. The legal institution of marriage is supposed to be a secular one, so the fact that someone is Christian is irrelevant. Not to mention that it doesn't affect the rights of anyone negatively; heterosexual married couples, and/or christian stand to lose nothing from the proposition except the ability to impose their ideals on others.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i wasn't justifying the vote

i agree with a lot of smashboarders that most people of those demographics have voted ignorantly

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
edit: man bad taste lol even i have my limits

DAAAAAMMMMMIIIIT whats with this lag on my school connection!??!?!?!?!

it took me freakin hella minutes to edit this post

pockyD

Smash Legend
well the reality is, if gays can get married, then gays can get married. there isn't even anything wrong with teaching it in schools if it's legal

a very impressive advertising campaign though (despite how stupid every single prop 8 commercial was, both for and against); I thought there would be no chance in hell that such a proposal could pass in california, but lo and behold, good for them; the yessers identified how to swing votes their way by using absurd "logic" and managed to manipulate the masses. i'm impressed

i personally don't really care, as whether gay marriage is legal or not has any consequence, since i believe marriage shouldn't be a legal issue to begin with

Naota21t

Smash Champion
i was shocked how many people in san mateo supported yes on prop 8. i would walk to the train and see signs up for it on a bunch of houses.

mostly white and tongan houses.

subtle homophobia hiden by claims to safe the sanctity of marriage much?

pockyD

Smash Legend
prop 4 was requiring notification for abortion or something like that

how is it "subtle" homophobia? it's explicit homophobia, and they are entitled to that belief

lol @ tongan houses

Naota21t

Smash Champion
prop 4 was the one making it so that parents HAD to be informed if their teenager was going to have a abortion.

edit: dude pocky the tongan and pacific islander community in san mateo is soooo gay (not in the good way). what bugs me isn't how obviously homophobic tongan high school students are, but how when they all grow up their mentalities don't change at all.

btw, im talking about ALL of them. i know a few of them who are hella chill and legit as ****.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i voted no on prop 6 who gives a **** about chickens yo!!! i just want their eggs yo!!!! they just lay eggs they dont move anyway yo!!!! taxes to build larger facilities with bigger cages = more expensive eggs yo!!!! I JUST WANT MY ****ING CHEAP EGGS!!!!!!

prop 6 = most important proposition

pockyD

Smash Legend
lol, just the notion of being able to identify a "tongan" house was funny to me

about prop 4: i'd be for it, but as usual, i don't really care... i just find it odd that since all voters are over 18, they would either not be affected by the law, or the law would affect them as the parents of the teenagers; i would've expected it to pass with flying colors

edit: i think chickens was prop 2

Top Bottom