• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We're on Xenforo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
I'm 99% sure that's intended behavior.
The reason I point this out is because this is inconsistent with past behavior and breaks formatting made before the switch. I'd like to hear from Bionic/another admin about this.

[collapse=They're collapse tags now.]:p[/collapse]
I understand that's the current functionality, but I'm not sure why spoiler tags would be intentionally removed seeing as how it breaks old formatting and limits posting options. Again, I'd like to hear from Bionic/another admin about this.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
They changed spoilers to collapse and are working on bringing the old spoilers back.

They've stated this previously in the thread...

D

Deleted member

a thing I noticed in threads with a lot of images is that going to First unread puts me at the position the first new post would be if no images were present, and then loads up the images, resulting in my view being at a post I've already seen.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I'm liking the new design a lot so far.

Currently, my complaints would be: 1) I can't subscribe to subsections. Previously, when I browsed SWF I would simply click 'User CP' and all the subsections I cared to post in where there for me and it was very easy to browse to them+see new posts. 2) No livestreams showing at the top ;-; 3) No mobile CSS and 4) Not sure if the groups have died or what, but I used to post in a few and now they seem to have vanished.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Groups are disabled for now while we work on the plugin and system for it.

Mobile will hopefully be soon

I thought I got the plugin installed for subbing to subsections, will check that.

Livestreams - noted.

:phone:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
There is nothing in the top lol
Livestreams for me aren't that important. News and Site Updates, though....

Bones0

Smash Legend
Alerts about new posts in threads still show even if you read all the new posts in a thread.
Wow, this thread went to **** in no time flat.

Is it possible to make the top bar more responsive? Half the time I'm not sure if I should hover over "Alerts" or click it to make the thing drop down. It seems natural for there to be some sort of visual feedback as soon as your hover over a "tab", but at the moment it's often really delayed or occasionally not present at all, which is really disorienting.
Current issues I have found:

Code:
[b][u][i]Bolding, underlining, italics, and probably a whole host of other
commands don't seem to work within code tags.[/i][/u][/b]
Spoiler tags don't work, but I assume that's being worked on.

I can't seem to edit or quote very large posts, such as the second post in this topic, or Magus' post here.

In the RT editor I'm unable to resize the box I'm typing in, and even in the BBCode editor I only have horizontal freedom and cannot make it vertically longer than the original size. Being able to expand it very far downwards was useful for making and editing long posts, so I hope to see this feature return.

There's no halfway point between the current "Rich Text Editor" and the "BB Code Editor" - I either have to know the code of everything I'm going to have to use (incl. smilies and the like) or I'm going to have to deal with not being able to easily edit stuff like links and html colors. Is there a reason we can't have one of these editor bar things in the BBCode editor?

Something never a part of SWF but potentially useful: ever thought of having the post ID somewhere on the post? I think this would be very useful for creating links to specific posts within topics, such as the one to Magus' post above. I've been forced to use the quote feature to retrieve the post ID for far too long =P

Also, maybe it's just me, but the seperators used in the site seem a little too faint. I'm talking about the ones between posts and sigs, the post preview and the editor, etc...I find the lack of strong borders to be unappealing and makes the site seem a bit too...continuous? Maybe if someone else feels the same way they could better describe it.
^These are the biggest issues I noticed. The alerts is annoying because I used to just live on my usercp to browse, and while having alerts appear automatically would be great, they are usually posts I've already seen. I also think there should be some link to your subscribed threads on every page (much like how there was a "User CP" button on every page of the old forum). I have my subscribed threads link as my homepage so it's not a big deal for me, but if I had to constantly scroll to the top, navigate through a drop down, and then click "Subscribed Threads" it'd be a pain.

The editor in general is extremely frustrating. I am completely helpless trying to edit posts or copy text from quotes because there are no codes; all the formatting is simply implemented immediately. I understand a lot of people prefer this because it makes it easier for them to do simple things, and for other things it may even be preferred. However, I would almost always rather see the codes themselves rather than their effect when editing. I am pretty sure this was also an issue when MLG switched to their new forums, but I had an option to disable the "live editor" or whatever it was called so that URLs and codes were left traditionally like on the old SmashBoards forums. And like Sypher said, not being able to adjust box sizes is quite annoying for a long-winded **** such as myself.

I also just don't like the font. Idk what font was used on the previous forums, but it was much easier to read. The current font feels like everything is being mashed together. Perhaps just having an option to allow users to choose what font is displayed by all posts could work (only overriding them people code a specific font in their post). I think it'd also be nice if you could allow some sort of adaptable skin. Idk how feasible it is, but simply allowing users to enter a hex code for a color, and then the whole forum would swap that color in for all the places where yellow appears. For instance, my ideal skin is dark with light blue, so if I could just enter the hex code for light blue into my profile settings, and then the logo, usernames, and other yellow fonts would become light blue. If this just isn't possible through the forums, I think it could be done quite easily with Stylish (the extension for Chrome or Firefox). I feel like anyone even slightly competent with CSS could easily whip up a theme and just indicate to people where they can enter their desired color's hex code, and potentially change other things.

I'd also like a little more color in general. Stuff like the "Home > Forums > Smasher's Hangout > Pool Room" bars are nifty, but they look SO BLAND because they are just black and light gray. I don't know why they wouldn't be yellow (either yellow button with black font or vice versa) as that seems like it would match the rest of the skin much better. I think it'd also make it pop out better, ensuring people can easily find the buttons they want to. The last thing I will say is the Like and Reply buttons are annoying because they are both really small text links that are right next to each other. I'd much prefer if they were a little more spaced out, and make the "Like" button smaller, while the "Reply" button would be slightly larger. I've almost liked a post by accident several times because "Like Reply" just blends together and they are so small in the first place.

Thanks for all the work that's been done so far though. I'm more than content with the forums we have now as long as those old and new features will get here eventually. I look forward to what you guys have in store once all the minor stuff has been dealt with. ^_^

BrandX

Smash Ace
Not sure if anyone ever saw my post earlier, but is it possible to increase the avatar upload size? Just a minor thing, but most of the avatars I make are too big for this 50.8k limit.

MimicMew

Smash Apprentice
Is there a specific reason why you guys completely screwed up the video threads (for Melee and Brawl)?? Or are they going to be re-organized into subsections again later on?? It's a complete mess and near useless.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Is there a specific reason why you guys completely screwed up the video threads (for Melee and Brawl)?? Or are they going to be re-organized into subsections again later on?? It's a complete mess and near useless.
That one you should PM AlphaZealot about.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Can we get it so tourney vids have there own sub forum in the video sections? I dont like how all the ids are in one forum, makes it annoying to find what i am looking for

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Found a bug in the search feature: doesn't seem to find posts made before the software change.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm not sure what's going on but I've been trying to change my avi but the site won't change it. It says Update Successful, but my avi doesn't change. I tried deleting it, but when I did (after several unsuccessful attempts) and tried inserting a new avi, it went back to the avi that I had before I deleted it. :/

Spire

III
BRoomer
Name and title should be centered above the avatar in postbit. Something like this:

I could see how the "speech arrow" might not align with posts as well (particularly short posts), but the user's name and title would now parallel any banners they have. Wait a minute... you got rid of the BRoomer banner? :hulk:!

Also, I agree with the post above immensely.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
We're currently discussing and playing around with management of usergroup ribbons. Sorry for the inconveniences until we finalize everything.

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
My font color doesn't seem to be showing up in my posts? Is that a common issue? I've seen others use colors, but maybe they're altering the individual posts for that.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
It's more likely that it hasn't been dealt with as of yet since they're pretty much working on other things on this site.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
My font color doesn't seem to be showing up in my posts? Is that a common issue? I've seen others use colors, but maybe they're altering the individual posts for that.
I do write my BBcodes for every post manually, and will keep doing so until that feature is fixed.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Will be making some tweaks to the default forum this weekend regarding the coloring/layout. Will still stay dark but some subtle changes should help with some of the complaints. Not being able to easily tell where one post starts and another ends is indeed an annoying issue.

Regarding the video sections: I'm thinking we are going to do a revamp. The reason things were changed before the switch to the new forums was because the forums were incredibly inactive. They had been subdivided so much that if you posted something, you were essentially posting to a graveyard. I think a new take on the video section is needed.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
I actually really like this new layout and its features. Didn't take long to get used to. I understand that there are still things being converted to the new layout, but that's okay by me. All things considered, this is a nice makeover.

Currently using the Smashboards Ruby style.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
I don't know if it's wise to switch to XenForo when they're locked in a legal case with vBulletin over allegedly stolen code.

Also

.message:nth-child(2n+1) .messageInfo { background: #222; }
.messagelist .message:nth-child(2n+1) { background: #222; }

ez pz

Humbly requesting a signature height of 150px as well.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
So, when will the rest of the emoticons come? In particular, the ones that provide the varies inputs (A button, B button, Control stick, etc.)?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So, when will the rest of the emoticons come? In particular, the ones that provide the varies inputs (A button, B button, Control stick, etc.)?
I have noticed that they've been slowly adding more emoticons. Day after day, I check the emoticons and see that the number's been increasing.

And we all want the trollface emoticon to return...

hyoipear

Smash Cadet
Bring back the character icons under the user info!

Also, is the new smashboards logo final? I find it less aesthetically appealing than the previous one.

Anyways, good work.

:017:

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Bring back the live stream links in clear view. xanadu is on with pp and m2k and winter brawl singles tomorrow btw.

smashfan666

Smash Cadet
NNID
NobelSmashington
3DS FC
2981-8328-3883
i dunno what's going on, but the avatar changer doesn't seem to be working. wtb? o_e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom