• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We're on Xenforo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
i dunno what's going on, but the avatar changer doesn't seem to be working. wtb? o_e
I have the same problem. Im trying to make my avatar a purple pikmin, but it keeps going back to metaknight every time.
edit: I deleted my avatar so maybe later the purple pikmin one should work.

I did not want to double post, I thought I clicked on edit, sorry.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Is the info on what posts/threads each user has read something that was saved and can be transfered over? Mildly annoying to scroll the forums and not know which threads I've already been through or not.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Will be making some tweaks to the default forum this weekend regarding the coloring/layout. Will still stay dark but some subtle changes should help with some of the complaints. Not being able to easily tell where one post starts and another ends is indeed an annoying issue.

Regarding the video sections: I'm thinking we are going to do a revamp. The reason things were changed before the switch to the new forums was because the forums were incredibly inactive. They had been subdivided so much that if you posted something, you were essentially posting to a graveyard. I think a new take on the video section is needed.
There is absolutely no reason to separate Tournament Results from Tournament Videos. TOs have been hassling with 3 threads for way too long. They make one for the actual event, one for the results, and one for the videos. The latter two always end up having almost identical discussion. Have a section JUST for "Tournament Results and Videos". Ideally there'd be some sort of script to get online brackets hyperlinked to matches, but obviously that may be a ways off. Still, if that's the goal, results and videos should be combined now so it isn't more confusing later. TOs can post all the videos in order at the top and then post the results at the bottom using spoilers appropriately so people can read the thread without seeing the players in later matches or results.

Then you just combine all of the other videos into a Melee Videos section. This would be for combo videos, friendlies, TASes, etc. Idk how it was before, but if all the non-tournament videos leave a slightly inactive forum, there's not much you can do. There's only so much non-tourney content being produced so it kind of figures that there won't be several new threads each day.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Not sure if this has been mentioned, and sorry about complaining about the Collapse tages a second time, buuuuuut

I'm having a weird issue where if I start a new line within a Collapse tag, it just makes a whole second collapsable segment... If that was by design (which I think would be a poor choice, as I try to use Collapse tags to condense long lists), I'd still think there's something wrong based on it only doing it for the FIRST time I make a new line - the rest of the text is usually wrapped in a single collapsable.

Example. Originally, each character was one collapsed unit, with an image on top for some giggles. Now, it makes an entirely separate collapsable for the picture, and then the list of videos. While I initially thought the PICTURE was what was screwing things up, when they were removed or not present (See the Outdated section at the bottom of the OP), it still made a second collapsable for the second line.

Anyway, thanks for your time - not sure how much control you have over this and it's really a small thing in the end. I just want to make my thread look less cluttered. :urg:

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Why do all the non-sig images I find say "image has been removed" and been replaced by what appears to be a long line of stars?

John2k4

The End of an Era
It's being worked on right now; only embedded Youtube videos should have been affected but it hit [url] and [img] tags as well.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Why can't I search threads by specific users anymore? The last SWF let me look up user posts as well as the threads they created. Is there a way that we can search their posts as well as threads? Can that be created?

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
If I may restate what I said in another thread...

THERE IS NO REASON TO TAKE AWAY THE ABILITY TO EMBED YOUTUBE VIDEOS.

This is not the dark ages. Everywhere ever has this.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I'm pretty sure we're still in the dark ages here, I mean for ****'s sake, we still have profanity filters

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I never did get the profanity filter to be honest, mainly because the majority of people at Smash Boards are between 18 to 24.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
i cannot agree more with the last 3 posts

profanity filters haven't been useful for a long time, if ever.

and there's no reason to take away embedding powers for regular users.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
It only doesn't work for me when I get an alert.

M!nt

Smash Champion
I can't change my avatar for some reason, every time i try to upload the picture, my current one pops back up. :c

oh srry I didn't see others already reported this problem.

V-K

Smash Ace
Question: Why doesn't Melee have a competitive sub-forum like Brawl?
I mean I think there are still Melee players who don't care so much about the competitive stuff.

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
custom colors dont work yet...
see :p

love the update overall ;)

EDIT: on my wii btw

EDIT2:
oh also...
where's the post order settings??
(I hate having to scroll to the bottom)

EDIT3:
will we be able to edit our polls in time??
I've just recently posted a poll on my thread thinking the poll options would remain when editing the main post, and am kinda bummed they didn't... (need to rephrase my Q)

Yobolight

Smash Lord
The skin of the boards is yucky right now. If you simply flashed it up (and added all the old features such as the ability to display your main in each game) the site would be complete.

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
I wanna see some minor things come back. Like seeing who is viewing the thread and the icon of our main under our name. Just little things like that for now. Nothing too drastic but I'm sure you're probably waiting on getting all the smileys in first :p

D

Deleted member

(gee wouldn't it be nice if people checked if their request hasn't been asked 5 times here already)

On a more serious note, forum support being grouped under hangout has bugged me ever since it has been moved there. Why not put it under password protected and rename that section private rooms or something since nobody actually uses a pass to access those places. It just looks weird to have FS under such a casual label as hangout.

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
friends are people you've met
followers are people who follow your work

basically saying, you can have followers who aren't friends yet

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Because you might want to follow someone and not be their friend. Maybe I want to follow you for MYM and because I think you're a quality poster but that doesn't mean that I regard you as a friend

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
actually... there isn't all that much of a similarity between them...

I'm not sure about here,
but followers are only for a basic reference link to the person following you.
they can't really do much of anything else...

friends on the other hand (if I'm right), should be allowed all that extra flexibility.

Binx

Smash Master
About the sub forums being too divided, I've never had a problem with the way they were before, I also agree with one of the previous users about how our names should be above our photos.

Thanks for all the hard work guys, features coming along really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom