• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We're on Xenforo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
(This is a temporary topic while Xiivi manages to restore permissions to post in Announcement Discussions)

Hey everyone,

As you can see, we're on XenForo 1.1.3 now! We started at 4:02am on Wednesday night, and ended up taking about 4 days straight, about 2 days more than I originally anticipated. It's like commentator's curse applied to Smashboards itself! :urg:

We'll be working on getting more features up -- right now, BBCode, Smilies and Premium Memberships aren't exactly 100% yet; we opted to launch the site before restoring some of the main features, but will be back very soon. Personally, I've had to code several importers including for the blog... and I'm still modifying the tournament event system to sort by games as well as regions. Others, such as Live Topic, Brawl Albums and Custom Stage viewer will not be back for a bit while those are being re-developed. Huge thanks to TheTempleHost for identifying the problem, communicating with us and solving the unexpected bugs and issues, including the errors plaguing us from modifying the last few steps before opening the site.

I am terribly sorry for the huge amount of downtime. We're going to make it up to you guys :)

If there are any lasting bugs, missing features, or any general feedback itself, please post them in the Announcements Discussion thread!

--

Updated 3/8/13

Note: If your post consists of "wow smashboards suck" or "**** you", expect your post to be deleted and/or infracted for spam. That is not constructive criticism, not even specific criticism, and if you're just plain whining about change then go elsewhere. XenForo itself has a feedback forum if you want to know why things are the way they are.

Working On:

Front Page Smash News & New Default Forum Theme
• Postbit icons. Getting all postbit icons (awards + usergroups). Selecting your mains for the postbit icon. The Senate has decided that you will have all usergroup postbit icons, except the one you pick for the ribbon... as in, if you pick Brawl Back Roomer, you will not have the BBR icon.
• Mobile Style Replacement ("Responsive Design", need $29 for that...)
• Re-banning users who have been previously banned forever
• Quoting large posts will not work
• Some oddities in banned users (cannot post in Forum Support)
• Search doesn't work between 2008 and early 2013 (those, I have to wait on XF devs)
• Smilies still need to be uploaded (same issue as avatars)
• Spoiler BBCode (With the upload problem, can't add plugins)
bbcode.
• More skins, and skins only available to premium members
• Social Groups. Social Groups are not an inherent thing as they don't come with XenForo, and the Social Groups plugin (which makes it more like a Social Forum) currently makes the site extremely slow, even with the speedups in database.
• Font was changed from Georgia. May change once more.
• Premium Members and Staff will be the only ones with the ability to embed videos.
• Chat tab.
• There are some times where you can't post a tournament in Tournament Listings. That is specifically related to a timeout issue and I'm working with the host for that.
• Fixing up Tournament Listings so you can sort by date, sort by game in addition to sorting by region. Based on the suggestions here , I'll be looking into changing things further... or a complete overhaul.

Fixed:

• Premium Subscriptions are imported from vB
• Ribbons and which ribbons are shown
• Live Topic, sort of (With the upload problem, can't add plugins)
• Collapse tags
• Livestreaming Module
• Collapsible forum sections
• Hiding usernames/titles, hiding postbit extras. Custom post colors.
• Who is viewing the thread, how many viewing a forum.
• Tapatalk
• Signatures only appear one time per page when you post, and any subsequent ones, your signature is hidden. The signature limits are now 100,000 characters.

Debatable/Not Coming Back:

• Posts per page. This was done to satisfy a Google requirement for better site indexing. Now, if you want to throw support for a new default PPP (say, 30), you may bring it up in Forum Support.
• Disabling the thread names/member names in the URL. Not only is this also an SEO requirement from Google, but it's the most useless change you could argue against.
• Show One Post Only. Not available in XenForo, and can be circumvented by putting a [ collapse] tag around the whole post.
• Disliking. No. There was a reputation system in place in vBulletin, and it was yanked in 2007 or 08 after it was abused.
• Various "shortcuts". No.
• Togglable or disabled profanity filter. If you want to discuss it still, take it up in Forum Support.
• Changing/Deleting Polls. The way permissions are set up is you can either delete or change all polls in a forum, or none. You can contact any moderator to remove or change a poll.
• Reversing Post Order. Debatable.
• Top Postbit. No.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
The hell is wrong with the color labels loljk.
They look nice, I guess.

Anyway, it's great so see that SWF is finally back!

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Will the light XenForo theme get the same features as the SmashBoards theme or will it be kinda like before where only the main theme gets all the customizations (like announcements / tournaments up top)? Good work on getting everything over! I know migration can be tough :)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Can I move the timestamp above the post, or to the side?

Is there a page for all (not just unread) watched threads?

Also, I hope this works

Bones0

Smash Legend
Any way we can get collapsible forum sections? Like I'm never going to use the SSB4/SSBB forums, so having to scroll past them is a bit of a pain. You could just collapse forums on the old forums. Overall looks great though. Really appreciate all the effort that went into it!

LLDL

Smash Hero
Found an issue. I tried to view all threads created by chain-ace and 0 results were found.
Another one, I tried to view all posts (content) created by chain-ace and its giving me posts from like 2007.

Lovage

Smash Hero
also can we disallow huge annoying sigs like the one BONESO uses?

or bring back sigs only working for long posts

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Found some things already.

In the top left, there's "Smashboards introduces XenForo!". This links to google.

Clicking on Check the Smash News gives me "Smashboards - Error. The controller XenForo_ControllerPublic_Misc does not define an action called Index."

Clicking on "Stop by the Live Chat!" gives me "Smashboards - Error. A controller for the route path chat.php was not found."

Inty17

Smash Journeyman
The signatures in the new setup take up way too much space. People might need to be more limited on that stuff. I saw a guy with 4 gifs, and it takes up the whole screen for a 2 sentence post.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Lovage: Default avatars were removed, custom ones were kept, reupload one
Firestorm88: Yes
Juggleguy: Soon, have to make modifications
Wave: No to the first question, yes to the second question. User CP > Watched threads
Master WGS: I thought there was a tag for it, i'll add it in a few
Bones0: That is something for the future, when Smashboards gets a new design.
chain-ace: Have to rebuild some stuff which may induce slowness, will fix tonight

Signatures: Working on a solution.

MountainGoat

Smash Journeyman
I also want to note that sigs are huge and there isn't a good division between them and the actual post. Collapsible stuff would be nice. I think overall it's harder to see things... it feels like everything is nearly the same color or something

EDIT: Nvm I switched to default style and it looks so much cleaner. Still annoyed by sigs though

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Editing posts with embedded YouTube videos displays the video on top of the edit box.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Thing I liked about swf over srk was the look of it on mobiles. Between size and separation of posts it looked nice but ill let the slide.

Only issue is user cp. is there something similar where in can see only threads with new posts from whatever I'm subscribed too? If this is still possible I can't really find it. I see watched threads but looking through that annoys me compared to the old way.

Also, you should advertise the chat, it was pretty cool. Other than that it looks great and I'm glad you stick with the usual dark page. I think more people have to do that it's so much better on your eyes. Good work bionic and co.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Going to your subscribed threads is more of a hassle now, wish there was a way to have a one click button. And how do I tell if the threads I'm subscribed to have new posts or not, and why can't it just show all the ones that have a new reply and hide all the ones that don't. This creates unnecessary space.

D

Deleted member

whoo it's back. will a collapse button for the subforums happen at some point?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Collapsing the subforums would be amazing~

Also, is there an option to hide what usergroups you belong to? I didn't see one.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Can smash artists have our group back for the AWYP winners? ;D

Also this place is confusing and snazzy and holy crap

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Does "Hide Social Bookmarks" in preferences actually do anything?

Wave: No to the first question, yes to the second question. User CP > Watched threads
I only see threads that have unread replies; read threads aren't shown at all.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Great job! I'm sure things will only get better. May we have a more defining line separating post.

Grunt

Smash Master
I miss Classic Blue, but the default looks much better than the old default.
Also, can anyone else read this? Ruby is the only one like this.
ruby colors.png

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
So.....what do trophy points do anyway? Can we trade them in for something? :)

Also, I noticed that we can no longer multi-quote posts anymore. :(

Any way we can get collapsible forum sections? Like I'm never going to use the SSB4/SSBB forums, so having to scroll past them is a bit of a pain. You could just collapse forums on the old forums. Overall looks great though. Really appreciate all the effort that went into it!
Lolz, I can see your whole sig now. :p

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
God this will take some getting used to.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
More skins would be appreciated, but it's not absolutely necessary. Maybe several Nintendo themed ones based on varies franchises like Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Kirby, Pokemon etc.

Also something to separate posts and signatures better, and maybe the return of the "who's watching this thread" feature.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
MAKE THE BORDERS VISIBLE ON THE FORUMS.

THIS PLACE IS A GOD DAMN EYE SORE NOW.

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
Really liking the new SWF, hopefull it will get better and better!

edit: wow now signatures don't need to quote something to appear, nice!

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
I kinda dislike how there's no border between a person's actual post and his sig. It's kinda hard to differentiate between what he wants to say and random gibberish that has nothing to do with the current topic. An excellent example is 1PokeMastr's post (post #31) above. :ohwell:

Edit: Upon closer scrutiny, I noticed that there is a border, but it's extremely, EXTREMELY faint. It might as well not even be there.

The signatures in the new setup take up way too much space. People might need to be more limited on that stuff. I saw a guy with 4 gifs, and it takes up the whole screen for a 2 sentence post.
For now, if Bionic puts those collapse tags in soon, people could just collapse their large sigs.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Why can't I go to people's profile pages when I click on their name? It creates a pop-up at the top of the screen then I have to go click there. Also you can't view your conversation with other members anymore, so it's a pain in the ass to get to the other members page to reply.

Where did all the social groups go? I mean, most people didn't use them, but me and a couple friends had one so we could talk to each other without john doe popping in.

There's no more BB code, so all the old posts with bb coded images aren't images anymore, just links with on them. Also when your place an image in your post, it put's the actual image in your post and not the link, so it's more cluttered when making the post itself.

There's no collapse tag as far as I know of yet.

There's no friends, but someone said they'll re-add those.

I dislike how the User CP is a drop box instead of a link to a page that's more organized like the original User CP.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It won't be easy adjusting to the new forum. I even spotted some things that are not right, such as the staff permissions.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
How does the new VM system work? I can't seem to post VMs on other people's profiles other than mine...

Also, there doesn't seem to exist a friend list like before, does it? It's now replaced by the follow option, which I think it isn't the exact same feature.

EDIT: There were good changes, but bad changes. Guess it can't be perfect after all...

Loving the new RTF message editor. =)

Grunt

Smash Master
Also the User CP has options for character mains, but I don't actually see them.
Also default color removes user post info, where dark and ruby do not. The options in user CP did not change.
default removes post count.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom