• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We're on Xenforo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yeah the place just seems messed up right now. In fact, the font sizes may need some tweaking, since the font settings that I've typically used prior to the switch were bigger than what they look like now.

Junahu

Smash Ace
Links:
Links to individual posts now take the user to the top of page it's on, jump to the post after a delay, and then load the rest of the page (images etc). Before the switch, links to an individual post took you to a page that ONLY had that post on it.
This issue is problematic for pages with many images, as those loading images push the screen away from the post you were wanting to look at.

BBCode:
COLLAPSE is non-functioning, as is TABLE. While not officially listed, GLOW also used to work.

Avatars used to be displayed at full size (up to 125x125). Now, they appear to be forced to 96x96 px, regardless of size.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm going to save more in-depth feedback for a later time. For the moment, I'd like to comment that the default font on the new forum looks ****ing awful.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I agree with Strong Bad. I keep switching to Helvetica because Sans Serif fits this place much much more imo.

Grunt

Smash Master
The mobile site has absolutely no posting options, but I don't remember if the old one did either. I just think it's funny clicking "more options" gives you no new options.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I kinda miss having the "active users" box at the bottom of each thread. Also are the social groups gone or are they one of those features that have yet to be added to the new forum?

Not sure what to think of the new forum yet, so I'll save my nitpicks for later.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
I miss Classic Blue, but the default looks much better than the old default.
Also, can anyone else read this? Ruby is the only one like this.
View attachment 2
I can read the other tabs using Default Smashboards Dark. Are you saying you can't read yours?

Edit: I can make out words in the tabs in your pic, but I definitely can't actually read them.

Grunt

Smash Master
I can read the other tabs using Default Smashboards Dark. Are you saying you can't read yours?

Edit: I can make out words in the tabs in your pic, but I definitely can't actually read them.
No, just Ruby. Dark and Default are both readable.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Ah, I see. Also, I found out how to "multi-quote". Every time you click "Reply", the sub-forum flings you to the message box, which automatically quotes the message you're replying to. If you click on more "Reply" links, the quotes stack up in your message box. This would be extremely cool IF doing this didn't continuously bring me to the message box EVERY time I clicked "Reply". :mad:

On a good note, I really like the "Go To First Unread" button at the bottom. Really convenient. (^_^)

Grunt

Smash Master
Yeah, that's another thing. The user CP options for scrollable/unrestricted signatures don't seem to do anything.

G

genkaku

can you choose a default font that doesn't make the whole site look like a bad blog entry?

John2k4

The End of an Era
If it was a smiley, then it should be back up soon.

If it was one of the stock avatars, I'd have to look for it.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Why can't I go to people's profile pages when I click on their name? It creates a pop-up at the top of the screen then I have to go click there. Also you can't view your conversation with other members anymore, so it's a pain in the *** to get to the other members page to reply.
It seems like a Twitter feature, which also goes hand-in-hand with the "Following" and "Followers" stats that replaced the friend list. In fact, I noticed that we kinda became an amalgamation of FB ("Likes"), Twitter, and a bunch of other social networking stuff. For instance, we now have a trophy points system. If we had one before, then I never noticed, but if so, it's definitely more pronounced now.

You also can't preview your post and see what it looks like before you post it.

Yes you can. Below the message box, click on "More Options..." which is pretty much the same thing as 'Go Advanced'/Advanced Options from the old SWF. Under the message box in the new window, there's a "Preview" button.

I don't like that my name is in a tiny font under my face and credentials (ribbons).

bubbaking

Smash Hero
In response to Sephiroth (again):
Why can't I go to people's profile pages when I click on their name? It creates a pop-up at the top of the screen then I have to go click there. Also you can't view your conversation with other members anymore, so it's a pain in the *** to get to the other members page to reply.
There are a couple ways to go straight to someone's profile page from the link in his name:
  • If you have a mouse-wheel, click the name with it.
  • Right-click the name and choose "Open in New Tab/Window".
Also, I noticed that when one left-clicks on a person's name to get the pop-up 'mini-profile', there's an option "Start a Conversation".
There's always been a "Go to first unread" button.
Oh, I never noticed. :facepalm:

Smady

Smash Master
POSTS PER PAGE
In threads with many images and long-form posts, a default and solitary option of 40 posts per page is far too large. If at all possible, I would like a return of the option to adjust this to the previous lower setting. 15 posts per page was my preference for years.

LINKS
Links to posts now re-direct to the page itself, and on some archives such as the Make Your Move ones, this can mean that your browser blocks the page and thus the moveset that was linked because of fossilized images that coincidentally are on the same page. Plus it's just unsightly and takes far longer to load, especially given the current 40 post per page format.

SIGNATURES
An obvious bug. They should not be allowed to be so long as some are in this thread.

FONTS
The default font is too big. Not sure if this is a design choice or not, if it is it would be nice if you worked in an option to lower the setting, though I'm not sure in that case this is a realistic expectation unless there's some huge demand.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
First of all, THIS IS AMAZING.

And I'm having a bit of a difficult time telling who's mod based on this new stuff here. Otherwise, I love it entirely.

As for the suggestions, I got one:
  • The debate ribbon's text is hard to see through the color. There might possibly be others like that as well, so a few color changes wouldn't hurt.

BrandX

Smash Ace
I kinda miss how I used to be able to 'Quick Edit' my posts directly without getting a pop-up or a new page or anything. Oh well, I can live without... :ohwell:

Edit: How the heck is BrandX a "Well-Known Member"? Lolz! :laugh:
Because everyone loves me~

EDIT: Also we don't have the option to make our own titles yet.

Grunt

Smash Master
Clicking the floating "you have 1 new alert!" box opens the alert drop down, but I still have to scroll all the way back up to see it, which is kind of annoying.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I'm sure you can see this already, but it's extremely tedious to tell where one post ends and another post begins, especially with the signature display options the way they are.

Under the Alerts menu, the "Alert Preferences" and "Show All..." text are in a grey font that conflicts with the background color of Smashboards Dark. Also probably true for a lot of other text around the site.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
This is a really good design. I do miss a "User CP" button that automatically had the subscribed threads, and if I were you I would create a redirect for www.smashboards.com/usercp.php to www.smashboards.com/watched/threads, as the landing page for both serve the same function. I personally only accessed sboards through usercp.php, so now when I type in "sm" into the adress bar I get the usercp link. :B

All in all this is pretty solid. It'll take some getting used to but it looks to be pretty future proof and has good options for "social media" and the like. Seems like it'd be good for mobile as well, but I wouldn't know at this time.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Seems like SWF turned into a completionist's paradise. Dose trophies...

#LikeThisPost:rotfl:

In all fairness, I actually like the new design of this site. I hope some really convenient features from the old one make it back, but all in all, good job! ;)

Under the Alerts menu, the "Alert Preferences" and "Show All..." text are in a grey font that conflicts with the background color of Smashboards Dark. Also probably true for a lot of other text around the site.
I...........didn't know those existed until you pointed them out. (O_O)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom