• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weird Quirks

MaxThunder

PM Support
i have a bad habit of running out of the stage at random moments... and then being really surprised when i respawn so i stare at my character until it falls down...

and i think i adjust my glasses everytime i lose or take a stock...

oh... and i for some reason started doing smash attacks with the c-stick and z...

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
Okay I KNOW this is weird but ever since like 2008 I developed this really strange habit when playing smash. It pretty much happens whenever I am really flustered or frustrated and in an intense match, if I lose a stock off the top and know I have a few seconds because of that and the invinicibility platform, I attach my black dragon dildo to the top of the gamecube or wii. I then lower my *** upon it fully whilst humsinging Every Rose Has It's Thorn. I know, weird right? I then shed a single tear from the pain (though I've gotten used to it) and go on with the match invigorated and inspired.
i luled ^.^

IronSquid

Smash Rookie
Every time I KO my opponent, I end up hanging on the ledge before I realized my character moved.
After my opponent's invicibility wears off, I scream at myself in my head for not coming up with a better method of avoiding the invincible opponent after all these years. It's become a tradition of mine.

It doesn't seem like a quirk, but I can't stop it. It happens EVERY TIME I take a stock no matter how much I try to resist. It's really pissing me off that I can't stop.

Also when I waveshine, my middle finger creeps towards the part of the controller that houses the thing that vibrates the controller (don't know what it's called), and my pinky sticks strait out.

voorhese

Smash Master
Try light shielding at the edge of a platform and hold off the ledge, the only thing they can do is grab you, but they have to be spaced out of the range in which they push you. If u think they are trying to grab you you can jump or shield drop (if you are that technical) and if they try anything else they push you off. that also works mid match to, like if you recover high with fox and land on the plaform you can buffer your light shield by holding Z, and if you are near a ledge and they attack you; you can BAIR as soon as you get pushed off, and punish them with the bair. There are other times in which you can set that up, not just on recovery =)

erbanez

Smash Apprentice
I have a tendency to hop up and down in my chair when I lose a stock, and at the same time I also nod or shake my head quickly.

Youngling

Smash Journeyman
I exhale veryyyyy heavily whenever I hit a dair knee. Sometimes its accompanied by me standing up in my chair.

(I don't hit **** like that often)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It seems I move around my tongue when I'm in deep focus with Melee. I sometimes forget this. (I mean I have my tongue in front of my front teeth when I'm trying really hard)

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Whenever I do anything stupid, I yell "This GAME" because a friend of mine always did that and it just stuck with me. Damn game, screwing me up
Whenever I do a **** combo, I pause and forfeit the current stock. I hate myself for this.

My legs twitch like crazy...
I always carry a towel so after I destroy someone I can offer it to them to wipe all the **** off their chests... I wasn't aware I did this until like a week ago when my friend pointed it out to me
That's lovely. And awesome.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
when i'm preparing to jab > dsmash, and after i jab, i pull my finger, cstick, and arm inward as fast as possible to make sure I get that dsmash as soon as possible.

i also drop my head hard when i make very dumb mistakes.

AmishTechnology

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KIMPHIE
I haven't played Melee in a while, so I forgot them all.

But I play 64 with a PS3 controller (which has a terrible analog when you're accustomed to Melee/Gamecube), so I exaggerate my Up Smashes (I sometimes end up doing Jump U-Airs...) and press certain buttons way too hard.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Whenever I get knocked toward the blast zone I start spam clicking jump and lean back, as if afraid of the blast zone in person. I also lean and scoot forward gradually during the current stock, then scoot back and sit *more* upright when I die. Whenever I do a moce I want to land reallly bad for a cool combo I move the controller around, usually a jerk downward, usually yoshi shffl fairs or jiggs rest. I also look at my oponent a lot, between stocks and after the match.

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
whenever I lose a stock I crack my left thumb

I smile when being combod

whenever I upsmash with fox I whip my controller up with the motion

and when I get with a move that kills him like a Bair and i'm over 180% or something I close my eyes while attempting to DI waiting to hear my characters deathcry lol

zLam

Smash Rookie
When I play Yoshi, my most common line is, "how does it feel?", i.e. "how does it feel to be beaten by the dumbest character imaginable".

When I play Samus, whenever I do a skick (side-kick?) I say "kick". The guy who trained me did this whenever he messed around, and it drives people up the wall, especially when done repeatedly.

When I play Link, and I up-B in a pinch, I stand up. I don't know why, but I do.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Idk if this is a quirk or not, but it is incredibly funny when it works.

DJnicholasRAGE really likes to charge smashes. If he does and it is going to miss he lets it charge to full and then hits the controller in his left palm like he is clapping with it. It has made me run into a fully charged smash one to many times. Dude has some other funny tricks i've never seen anyone else try.

Dude is mind-gamey

(ain't nuthin to a boss)

Varist

Smash Lord
i literally have to run side to side in front of the television doing whatever my character is doing.

i've shot holes through my windows and severed testicles and severe burns run along my body and i wear fluorescent paste and a The Flash t-shirt but i had drain bamage beause i move too fast when im the flash

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i play best and with the most concentration when my elbows are slightly on my thighs or knees, so i can lean forward

when i play as captain falcon, i bounce in my seat and smile a lot when i think something epic is going to happen

4GOD (JJV)

Smash Apprentice
In tourney, when I do a standing pivot grab, or when I grab my opponent after reading their dodge, I lift my right leg followed by left leg, then slam my right foot on the ground followed by my left foot. It's a recent habit.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
For a while, if i was being comboed and trying to use survival DI, I would curl my toes to the point where I would pull a muscle in my feet

i still do it sometimes...

Latch

Smash Apprentice
Lol the end made me cry :awesome:

But for me I always yell "pro choice, bro" if my opponent does something dumb... trying to change it to "pro decision, bro" as to not spawn abortion discussions mid-battle.

Bad joke of the day: what do spawn killers do in their spare time?
Answer: they preform abortions

MM Distortion

Smash Apprentice
when i focus really hard i usually bite the inside of my mouth or my tongue just moves around for no reason, i also shake my head up and down, when i die to a really nice combo

burrhe

Smash Cadet
I yell "LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE" when i get smashed off, until i die or get out of hitstun.
I do it when I up/side b and there's no way it will reach.

I also yell "DIE DIE....etc" when I smash my opponent off.

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
Everytime I lose a stock, i spin the analog stick and slide my right thumb across the A,B,X,and Y button really fast

stelzig

Smash Lord
I yell "LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE" when i get smashed off, until i die or get out of hitstun.
I do it when I up/side b and there's no way it will reach.
I sometimes yell "hit me!" when I know I won't be able to reach the stage/edge :p (usually if we're both off-stage and I just messed up an edgeguard or something)

Top Bottom