• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Weekly] Monday Night Melee Smashfests at NLL: NEXT ON 1/23 Bring Setups and $2

Zoro

Smash Champion

The Facebook event can be found here:
FB Event:NLL Melee Weeklies

and join the CFL Melee facebook group:
CFL Melee FB

NEW PROCEDURES: ENTREE FEE IS NOW 2 DOLLARS HALF GOES TO NLL
DEFAULT HOSTS: Zoro, Mooney, III, Gahtzu, Colbol, Vericz or Sword Dancer.

Location & Time:

The smashfests will be from 6pm - 1 am every Monday, barring special circumstances

The actual venue itself is open until 4-5am, but the official smashfest will be done by midnight-1am. After that you are free to pay for hours to play in the console room or on the PCs.

Next Level Lan
University Corporate Center
6947 University Blvd.
Winter Park, FL 32792
407-923-5883

NLL is in the middle of the chain of businesses with the big "X" on the banner of the store. Just check where a bunch of cars are. Parking allowed in rear (lol).

Coming off 417 (toll road):

Get off at the exit for the University of Central Florida, University Blvd.
Go straight down university heading for Full Sail. NLL is in the plaza on the right side of the street at the intersection of University Blvd and Forsyth Trail.

Coming off 408 (toll road):

Get off at the exit for the University of Central Florida - You stay on 408 till it literally turns into Challenger Parkway. Stay on Challenger Parkway until you reach the intersection of Challenger and Alafaya Tr.

Hang a right on Alafaya Tr.

Contiune on Alafaya Tr. until you reach the intersection of University and Alafaya. Turn left here and go down University until you reach the same area described in the 408 directions.

See Next Level LAN website at www.NextLevelLAN.com

Cost:

There is no cost at all for the smashfest itself, and no door fee, to come and play friendlies. If there is interest, we will start a standard double-elimination tourney at 8pm on that Monday:
-At least 8 people have to enter in order to hold the tourney
-The cost of the tourney will be between $2

If you would like to play on the PCs within the computer portion of NLL, you will still have to pay for hours.

Food:

Snacks and Food Available for Purchase at Next Level LAN (stock permitting)

- Pepsi Products (Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, Pepsi, Teas, Juices, and more)
- Monster
- Vitamin Water
- Starbucks Frapachinos
- Chips (Lays Products)
- Candy (Lots of different Candy Bars, Airheads, etc etc)
- Moon pies, brownies, Etc.
- THERE IS A DRINKING FOUNTAIN.

Also located near our Plaza is:

Burger King
Pollo Tropical
Dunkin Doughnuts
Perkins
Taco Bell
McDonald's
Orlando Alehouse
Chinese food
Steak n Shake
...and more

Yes, you are allowed to bring outside food and drink into the store. Just dispose of it!

Basic tournament rules for Melee:
4 Stock, 8 minute time limit for both singles and doubles

Best of 3, Finals will be best of 5.

Doubles Team Attack is ON, LIFE stealing is allowed.

Bring Your Own Controller

Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64

Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium

Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.

Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams

Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, Kongo Jungle, Onett,Mute City, Corneria, Green Greens, Pokefloats and Great Bay.

No stage may be used twice in a Best of 3 or Best of 5 Series unless agree upon by both players.

Loser of each match may choose the stage for the next game. Winner may then choose characters but must also allow the Loser to change characters afterwards.

Stage striking is recommended.

setups:

There is space for plenty of setups. The venue comes with additional LCD tvs but they are too laggy to play Melee on. So help out by bringing a full setup if you can. I just got approval to leave two setups at NLL. So we will have at least those two guaranteed for each MNM.

Don't hesitate to invite new people who want to get better.

Results for past MNMs:

8/15/11
8/22/11
8/29/11
9/5/11
9/12/11
9/19/11
9/26/11
10/3/11
10/10/11
10/17/11
10/24/11
11/7/11
11/14/11
11/21/11
12/12/11
1/2/12
1/9/12

Videos For MNM

Any questions/comments/concern​s feel free to post in here or Skype me: Zorothemetal1. If you get lost you can give me a call at 407-434-9676

Pi

Smash Hero
me and the twins should be at this whenever it happens none of us work on mondays
nll is open till 1am?! damn this is awesome

Zoro

Smash Champion
me and the twins should be at this whenever it happens none of us work on mondays
nll is open till 1am?! damn this is awesome
They are open till like 4 or 5 am I think, I'm sure we could stay after 1 am if we wanted.

Pengie

Smash Lord
I already asked in the event page but is there anyone who could pick me up to go to this? I'd hate to miss out on these, especially the first one D=

Zoro

Smash Champion
Sworddancer can't you get this guy?
I think you are closest to him. Plus you both need to go home earlier. If you make it try and take pengie with you pretty please.

I'd do it myself but i'm trying to bring a good amount of TVs for our first MNM. So my cars gonna be full.

btw we need cubes and melee

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Sworddancer can't you get this guy?
I think you are closest to him. Plus you both need to go home earlier. If you make it try and take pengie with you pretty please.

I'd do it myself but i'm trying to bring a good amount of TVs for our first MNM. So my cars gonna be full.

btw we need cubes and melee
trying to bring a good amount of TVs for our first MNM

This has to be the best possible abbreviation for a smashfest EVER.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
yea, i agree that although it is smart to make them just fests, atleast at first, as long as everyone agrees to a tourney, then we'd absolutely do a tourney, like zoro said, if atleast 8 players agree, i think the tourneys can get saturated if its every week, but at the same time, yugioh tourneys are every week and they get pretty good attendance, as a matter of fact, in the CFL area, with the different hobbie stores, theres a yugioh event every friday,saturday, and sunday, and they all get attendance, so if it works for yugioh, it could possibly work for smash, i do feel that we dont have the player base for it YET, but if we promote it more, we can.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Pengie, where do you live and how early do you need to get home?

Zoro, while it's true that I had to go home early form WATO, NLL is much closer to me, and thus I can probably stay latter. Wouldn't mind leaving early though, just if it means bringing Pengie.

Zoro

Smash Champion
yea, i agree that although it is smart to make them just fests, atleast at first, as long as everyone agrees to a tourney, then we'd absolutely do a tourney, like zoro said, if atleast 8 players agree, i think the tourneys can get saturated if its every week, but at the same time, yugioh tourneys are every week and they get pretty good attendance, as a matter of fact, in the CFL area, with the different hobbie stores, theres a yugioh event every friday,saturday, and sunday, and they all get attendance, so if it works for yugioh, it could possibly work for smash, i do feel that we dont have the player base for it YET, but if we promote it more, we can.
Pengie, where do you live and how early do you need to get home?

Zoro, while it's true that I had to go home early form WATO, NLL is much closer to me, and thus I can probably stay latter. Wouldn't mind leaving early though, just if it means bringing Pengie.

Oooh man hiro gettin hyped like I am. Step by step man I got a plan!

Pengie lives by oakridge road although I'm not exactly sure where. Pengie hit this guy up before he changes his mind lol

WE NEED SOME CUBES & MELEE DON'T FORGET EM

B-Rod Z

Smash Rookie
Won't be off work until 11 this night :( Do you think it'll actually be going later than that? Because then I'll def drop by.

Zoro

Smash Champion
Won't be off work until 11 this night :( Do you think it'll actually be going later than that? Because then I'll def drop by.
Yeah it'll go later than that. We will probably leave around 1 or so

BTW anybody going to the fest should also go to our new melee monthlies
ADVENT

Pengie

Smash Lord
Just got word from sworddancer that he may not be able to give me a ride; anyone think they might be able to give me a ride in case SD can't give me a ride?

Zoro

Smash Champion
Just got word from sworddancer that he may not be able to give me a ride; anyone think they might be able to give me a ride in case SD can't give me a ride?

NVM this was resolved

THIS IS TOMORROW NIGHT DON'T FORGET TO BRING A SETUP

Zoro

Smash Champion
I'll be there around 5:45 for the punctual kids

I'm bring like 4 or 5 TVs, one wii and no melee disc.

Everybody should bring their copy just in case, and their cube also.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
steppin it up zoro!

MM anyone?

Zoro im also calling you out on this thread because you are taking out top players now with your !?!?!?LINK!?!?!?!?...... NOT ON MY WATCH!

IVE COME TO BATTLE YOU.... A REAL MAN WILL ACCEPT!!!!

good job btw.... the face of CFL?

p.s. skrach on xYz's account...... whom wants to battle you as well.

Zoro

Smash Champion
steppin it up zoro!

MM anyone?

Zoro im also calling you out on this thread because you are taking out top players now with your !?!?!?LINK!?!?!?!?...... NOT ON MY WATCH!

IVE COME TO BATTLE YOU.... A REAL MAN WILL ACCEPT!!!!

good job btw.... the face of CFL?

p.s. skrach on xYz's account...... whom wants to battle you as well.
lol sure man
links get lucky every now and then :)

Not trying to be none of that, just wanna play some games man
doing whatever it takes to keep playing the game

Zoro

Smash Champion
yo zoro's link is so pro!!!!!

This first event was too good man. Let's keep this up

Results for the first MNM $1 swiss tournament

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=309026

This was really good, we got a little more than 20 people to show up for MNM #1. I'm super stoked that it was a success.

COME TO THE NEXT ONE BUT BRING SOME CUBES AND MELEE!!

we had like 4 tvs not being used, so bring it just in case you never know if we will need it

Pi

Smash Hero
so ****

skrach i didn't know you were lookin for MM I would have taken that offer in a heartbeat son

uuaa i'm salty, but i got you next time, count on it!

Zoro

Smash Champion

WE NEED TWO OR THREE COMMENTATORS
Frames and I think that we should have a stream even for the weeklies just to generate more interest in fl melee, from all over even OOS.

Any Volunteers??
Hopefully someone with a good sense of humor can do it and someone who is really knowledgeable about the game.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
We should have a group of people who switch on and off of commentating. It'll give the commentators time to play matches and keep things fresh for stream viewers. If possible I'd like to emulate what other fighting game communities typically do. 2 commentators on at a time, and they try not to switch at the same time.

I'd do some commentary, but I'm not that great when it comes to humor so I'd mostly be talking about matchups or play by plays or something.

Zoro

Smash Champion
We should have a group of people who switch on and off of commentating. It'll give the commentators time to play matches and keep things fresh for stream viewers. If possible I'd like to emulate what other fighting game communities typically do. 2 commentators on at a time, and they try not to switch at the same time.

I'd do some commentary, but I'm not that great when it comes to humor so I'd mostly be talking about matchups or play by plays or something.
Yeah that's why i said two or three if one person plays then another stays.
If both need to play I'll get in probably just as a sub.

Darksonic you know what you are talking about so you are more than welcome to be commentator 1

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
Haven't been on here in forever. I will try to make it out to the next one and at least attempt to provide comic relief as a commentator since I suck at this game. By the way Ryan Gordon if your reading this, **** you.

Zoro

Smash Champion
Haven't been on here in forever. I will try to make it out to the next one and at least attempt to provide comic relief as a commentator since I suck at this game. By the way Ryan Gordon if your reading this, **** you.
DIEEEGOOOOOOO

You better come !

Top Bottom