• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekend Wars July 10th, 2010

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Weekend Wars

Well our old stomping grounds for tournaments got the shaft. So I've decided I wanna hold tournaments in my apartment. The rest of this stuff I copied from Level 9 Monthlies sans address and a few other things.

Address: 3208 Bohannon Avenue 40215

Date: May 29th.

Entry: $10

Registration Ends: 2:00 pm.

We probably won't be doing doubles, since these are just filler tournaments. There will be no venue fee, and probably no pools. So for those of you that are butt hurt that this isn't a full fledged tournament, sorry. It's meant to be somewhat casual while still keeping the tournament environment to build up our local players and give our more competitive ones something local to fill our time. Our spare time after the tournament will be used as a smashfest. Entry will be cut to $5 if you bring a full setup.

Stage List:

Starters
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise

Counterpick
Final Destination
Halberd
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Norfair
Rainbow Cruise

Fine Print

-3 Stock
(other rules we've seen a million times before)
-8 minute timer
-Items are set to "off" and "none"
-Life Stealing is allowed (Doubles Only)
-Set team attack to ON (Doubles Only)
-All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 for any "finals" matches)
-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
-Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
-Iggy's Stupid Rule: You may not pause the match yourself. If you absolutely need to pause, it must be done so at the consent of your opponent.
-In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If both are tied at the end of the match it will be replayed with the same characters, ports and stage 1 stock 2 minute time limit.
-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
-If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
-You are responsible for your own controller (Bring your own) and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by
both parties.
-No show DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.
-Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.
-Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.
-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
-Stalling is banned.
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Thursday Night Smashfests!!!!

Thursday night I try to get peeps to meet here for a smashfest and just hang out. Anyone's welcome to come, the more people the better :D The only thing is, is that they start and run late. 10:00 and stay until about 3:00 to 4:00 in the morning, usually. Depends on our work schedules (Kevin and I).

If you'd like to contact me, send me a message or post in here :D

Also, there is a Denny's not far from my house, so if you're down to bs around at Denny's, I'm totally down for it.

SETUPS:
My TV and Wii

We only need like 4 more T.Vs and 4 more wiis.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
nice, nice, good to see this up.

looks exactly like the L9M thread XD

edit: if you want, you can change the rules around a bit. Having seven neutrals (adding FD and probably halberd (or cs) to the list of starters) would be great, and we don't do that enough lol. Nine starters would work as well. You can add some CP stages if you'd like too :) Or we can talk about it later, haha.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Well I took mansion off the CP list. I'm trying to get some of the jank out of it. We'll talk, you're the experienced TO. Also, I'll need you to bring your laptop. Mine is running Linux and I can't get tio.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
nice, nice, good to see this up.

looks exactly like the L9M thread XD

edit: if you want, you can change the rules around a bit. Having seven neutrals (adding FD and probably halberd (or cs) to the list of starters) would be great, and we don't do that enough lol. Nine starters would work as well. You can add some CP stages if you'd like too :) Or we can talk about it later, haha.
Everything about this post.

Count

Smash Champion
Taking FD off of the starter list is silly because for the characters its a huge advantage for it always gets banned against anyway. I could care less if FD is a stater or a CP since its auto banned against me anyway.

/randomthoughts

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Going to make sure everyone in the Jeffersonville end will be making it tomorrow, I'll start making phone calls. Should be seeing me, calic, spin, spin's friend and hopefully paladin and guardian. I hear Joey won't be able to make it which is sad :( But the rest of Louisville, sans kip, will be there.

I'll see if there's any lex interest O:

Spin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
spinpai
i'm excited about meeting everyone in the area. lol and idk if jack is coming, i will ask tomorrow

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I maaaay go.... It depends on if my mom wants to drive me to this place, and how far it is from my house D'=

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Oreo, talk to me about this as soon as possible, it may be a good idea to cancel this.. <_< or rather, put it off until a bit after mlg.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Oreooo, I think we're going to bumble's house instead since it's definetly open and stuff. We decided before we read this... I'm really sorry I didn't tell you in time. T_T. I'll try to go if you don't want to cancel... but I may be one of the only people T~T, and I can't promise that I'd be able to. Sorry...

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Sorry about this oreo. We have one last spot in the van if you'd like to join us, we'll hold it for you. I didn't think you'd be able to get a tournament up in such short notice, so I already started on working out backup plans, I should have talked to everyone, haha..

But yeah, we're doing a smashfest at bumble's saturday, and you're more than welcome to join us.

Count

Smash Champion
Dang! What a great idea with a friday tourney! Keep these up and I can definitely be at a couple, can't go this weekend my buddy is getting married.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
So i take it this has about the same attendence as the level 9 monthly's / S2D? if so I'll try to swing around this weekend. (also location in the thread title wouldnt hurt.)

Top Bottom