• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We Can Do It! - The Female DLC Character Discussion and Support Thread

D

Deleted member

The three most iconic women in video games not yet in Smash.
If Chun doesn't make it to Smash 6 I swear....

Lara definitely has to be a consideration, like, Kingdom Hearts has the backing of the public, but everyone just treats one of gaming's biggest women like a dakimakura.

Once a boys' club, always a boys' club, that's what they say.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I just had the most ridiculous idea. The instruction manual for Sonic Heroes reveals that Dr. Eggman is a feminist, so when Eggman is announced to be the first character on Fighter Pass 2, his trailer ends with him revealing that he conquered the department that chooses the characters, and is making all 5 remaining DLC characters female in the name of the Eggman Empire.
Long live the good doctor! Cheers for Dr. Eggman, the most brilliant mind that has ever lived!

If Chun doesn't make it to Smash 6 I swear....

Lara definitely has to be a consideration, like, Kingdom Hearts has the backing of the public, but everyone just treats one of gaming's biggest women like a dakimakura.

Once a boys' club, always a boys' club, that's what they say.
As long as Sakurai or whoever directs Smash never adds secondary unique characters to 3rd party franchises in the roster, characters like Chun-Li, Tails, Zero, ect will never get in.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
well thats just creepy
True. Like I mention before, a lot of male gamers saw and probably still see Lara as nothing more than a sex object. There was nude mods of the Tomb Raider games in the late 90s and early 2000s from what I heard. I never seen it myself, but I have heard people bring it up.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
True. Like I mention before, a lot of male gamers saw and probably still see Lara as nothing more than a sex object. There was nude mods of the Tomb Raider games in the late 90s and early 2000s from what I heard. I never seen it myself, but I have heard people bring it up.
well from what ive seen of the original makers of her, its what they would have wanted

D

Deleted member

like i said, creepy. just a creepy thing for people to do
I personally find it creepy too, though it's quute part of their culture.

My male friend was guilty of this too. Hell, back when he was a 14-year old he wanted an Ariana Grande dakimakura for his birthday.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Well if this glitch suspicion is correct, it is safe to expect the next character to be female given that the "base" character they usually use doens't only revolve around the moveset ( see how Banjo's moveset changes from DuckHunt's ) but is also a matter of proportion and appearance overall.

Since Bayonetta is one of my three mains, I'm down for it !

It is interesting to think about who that character could be....
BK's base is actually Ridley.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
BK's base is actually Ridley.
this could be interesting if true cause i do actully find that BK and ridley share certain odd similarities, even in design. Like when i just roll Banjo for fun, i try to play it a little like ridley.

Even I as a Fire Emblem fan sadly agree.
I really want Edelgard and Lyn... but i wouldn't be upset if they simply just.. don't appear.

I think that the main appeal of Lyn for a lot of people is not that she is just a "female lord", but kinda a myrmidon lord (one of the most popular classes) and more importantly, don't matter how you look at her, she is "Western Marth", even if she wasnt the main protagonist of her game. that tutorial chapter WAS the introduction to fire emblem for the west to A LOT of people.

My point with Lyn is that while a female, is not her being a female her only main appeal, as with tons of this characters, there are tons of appeal outside of being "anime tiddies".

Regarding Chun-Li I would love her actually... but i honestly rather have morrigan instead. *inserrt why no both png*

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I personally find it creepy too, though it's quute part of their culture.

My male friend was guilty of this too. Hell, back when he was a 14-year old he wanted an Ariana Grande dakimakura for his birthday.
i know couple people like that as well, i really dont get it

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Talking about both Morrigan and Chun-Li.

Yeah I'd be for both but if I have to choose one, I'd probably go with the latter. I've still yet to play Darkstalkers but it looks good.
If it ever comes back I would want just a remaster of one of the games, no live service or what-have-you.

Plus more gothic stages.

D

Deleted member

Talking about both Morrigan and Chun-Li.

Yeah I'd be for both but if I have to choose one, I'd probably go with the latter. I've still yet to play Darkstalkers but it looks good.
If it ever comes back I would want just a remaster of one of the games, no live service or what-have-you.

Plus more gothic stages.
If you were to ask me, getting Darkstalkers 4 is more of a priority for me rather than Smash.

Fun facts: Smash being for good boys and girls does not justify the exclusion of female candidates.

Dutch Raikuna

If you were to ask me, getting Darkstalkers 4 is more of a priority for me rather than Smash.

Fun facts: Smash being for good boys and girls does not justify the exclusion of female candidates.
Your first point: I'm all for more fighting games if it was more simple in content at the moment.
Plus after this I kinda want Smash Bros to go away for a long time, like the gap between Melee and Brawl.
I want Project X Zone 3 instead despite knowing about the guys leaving Monolith Soft.

Second point: That's kinda culture these days unfortunately. If was up to me all those costume changes like Bayonetta and Corrin would be kinda gone. Not that it really bothers me. I would want Velvet and Morrigan provided their changes don't really change. Their personalities fit the design sort of thing.

D

Deleted member

I would want Velvet and Morrigan provided their changes don't really change. Their personalities fit the design sort of thing.
I'm all in for a censored Morrigan but as long as the essence of the character is still there, it's still a win. You can cover up the cleavage all you want but if you don't give me the attitude of an alluring woman...

Daily reminder that Mai is not for good boys and girls but Krystal in a bikini? Eh, who cares. :p.
There is still a double standard.

Mai's design has been closely associated with fanservice-y elements ever since her inception. Krystal isn't usually associated with those elements but she can also work pulling off the conservative look. If you were to ask me who actually mains Mai Shiranui in KOF games, it;s that the character really doesn't work if you cut out those elements. Sakurai is clearly going all-in for the presentation here, and if he wants to impress the fans with the true-to-form appearances (like what he did with BK), but doesn't want to piss off the moral guardians that allowed Smash to have its E10 rating (or whatever its corresponding rating is over at CERO), then it would be better anyway.

Dutch Raikuna

I'm all in for a censored Morrigan but as long as the essence of the character is still there, it's still a win. You can cover up the cleavage all you want but if you don't give me the attitude of an alluring woman...
There is still a double standard.
Mai's design has been closely associated with fanservice-y elements ever since her inception.
Sadly if they were in and certain groups found out (Ratings be damned here), soccer moms would call it a sin, that one politician would call for games to banned and British tabloids would be having the greatest orgy since the vote.

I'm fine with people designing with their characters for anything, as long as it fits their personality within context.

Last edited:

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
I'm not too sure what to post here, but my most wanted character is a female so... here.
1582503634710.jpg

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
As long as Sakurai or whoever directs Smash never adds secondary unique characters to 3rd party franchises in the roster, characters like Chun-Li, Tails, Zero, ect will never get in.
He did add Richter and Ken...

Also, apparently Lara Croft is in Brawlhalla now?

D

Deleted member

Sadly if they were in and certain groups found out (Ratings be damned here), soccer moms would call it a sin, that one politician would call for games to banned and British tabloids would be the greatest orgy since the vote.

I'm fine with people designing with their characters for anything, as long as it fits their personality within context.
Oh well, sometimes the higher-ups can't take the heat.

I'm not too sure what to post here, but my most wanted character is a female so... here.
View attachment 263586
That's a pretty spicy pciture there of Hornet, eh, but at best, she can be playable, but at worst, she can be a compnesation Mii Costume.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

The three most iconic women in video games not yet in Smash.
And Smash is one of the few places to include Ryu and Pac-Man but not Chun-Li and Ms. Pac-Man. Those two couples usually appear everywhere together. Personally I won't feel representation for either of those series is complete until they are in.

And Lara is cool too, but severely undertalked about compared to her other compatriots, from both Square Enix and classic Playstation.

Last edited:

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
And Smash is one of the few places to include Ryu and Pac-Man but not Chun-Li and Ms. Pac-Man. Those two couples usually appear everywhere together. Personally I won't feel representation for either of those series is complete until they are in
For now we're not talking about coupling theory as part of Nintendo's obligation for introducing new fighters, because if it's valid, it would have to be excuted for the first party reps like Shulk and Alph who don't come with partner fighters. And regarding to the main topic, many first party franchsies don't even have the main heroines fight in Smash.

It's a legit question if we're in Project X Zone, unfortunately this is Smash bros where most franchsies have only single reps.

Ms PacMan is mentioned mainly because of the echo system, not really because of coupling. Yet like mentioned, due to right issues, she's been consistently replaced by ther main cast in new media so that we should know she isn't always there.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

And Smash is one of the few places to include Ryu and Pac-Man but not Chun-Li and Ms. Pac-Man. Those two couples usually appear everywhere together. Personally I won't feel representation for either of those series is complete until they are in.

And Lara is cool too, but severely undertalked about compared to her other compatriots, from both Square Enix and classic Playstation.
Ryu and Chun are already becoming the main duo of the SF games, if Teppen is an indication.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Sadly if they were in and certain groups found out (Ratings be damned here), soccer moms would call it a sin, that one politician would call for games to banned and British tabloids would be having the greatest orgy since the vote.

which vote? weve had a lot lately

D

Deleted member

I'm not expecting a Direct within this week considering we just got an AC one.

D

Deleted member

interesting - the only female characters we got were 4 alts and a bird
ugh society
Kazooie technically didn't count because what we're looking for is a 100% unique solo female, though she does carry the representation.

Fem!Byleth counts becase she does fulfill the above requirements, despite the male being the default.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
I've said this before, but I don't think Kazooie counts less because she's a bird. A lot of Smash fans seem to think realistic human characters are somehow better than all other characters and I honestly can't stand that.

And if Kazooie doesn't count, then I don't think fem!Byleth should count either. She's not "solo," she's an alt of a male character. At least Kazooie is female no matter what palette you choose.

I think what we really want is a female character without a male alt. (Or an all-female team of characters, I guess, but that's much more improbable.)

Top Bottom