• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We Can Do It! - The Female DLC Character Discussion and Support Thread

D

Deleted member

think what we really want is a female character without a male alt. (Or an all-female team of characters, I guess, but that's much more improbable.)
I jist hope we FINALLY get a solo female alt.

Hmm...Kantai Collection I guess, but it's a pipe dream.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
I think what we really want is a female character without a male alt. (Or an all-female team of characters, I guess, but that's much more improbable.)
So, would a hypothetical Rex & Pyra pair count in that case? Maybe not if you're only directly controlling Rex?

D

Deleted member

So, would a hypothetical Rex & Pyra pair count in that case? Maybe not if you're only directly controlling Rex?
The way I see it is that they should be called a collective team under the name of "Aegis". Then you can switch out between Rex/Pyra/Mythra a la Pokemon Trainer. That would be neato

D

Deleted member

people who discount kazooie cause shes a bird should discount all non human females other wise its a touch hypocritical
Oh dear...let's not go back to the Kazooie discussions that plagued the older female thread. That concept was just pure confusion and bad debate over and over again. And we have Byleth anyway, so...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Oh dear...let's not go back to the Kazooie discussions that plagued the older female thread. That concept was just pure confusion and bad debate over and over again. And we have Byleth anyway, so...
sorry i have and odd habbit of jumping to b&k's defence

so erm new topic, er random bit of info the first support thread i made one this forum way back when was for one of nintendo's lesser known female characters

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

sorry i have and odd habbit of jumping to b&k's defence

so erm new topic, er random bit of info the first support thread i made one this forum way back when was for one of nintendo's lesser known female characters
Hmm..okay?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
And Smash is one of the few places to include Ryu and Pac-Man but not Chun-Li and Ms. Pac-Man. Those two couples usually appear everywhere together. Personally I won't feel representation for either of those series is complete until they are in.

And Lara is cool too, but severely undertalked about compared to her other compatriots, from both Square Enix and classic Playstation.
You know I use to think the villains needed more representation in Smash and they still do. But where are the two big Nintendo girls like Dixie Kong and Krystal? And the big 3rd party girls like Chun-Li, Lara Croft, Amy Rose, ect? So many iconic gaming females missing from Ultimate it sucks thinking about it. Don't get me wrong, Smash has a ton a females, but I feel like Smash hasn't covered the big fish yet in that department in the roster. I honestly wish Krystal and Dixie Kong would get Ridley/K. Rool levels of popularity because they deserve it. We need them in the roster along with Chun-Li and other iconic gaming females.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I know, I know. Kancolle has nothing to do with Nintendo, being a browser/mobile game and all. Just the "what if..." would be a funny scenario.
well as smash has evolved to be about all video gaming, according to sakurai, that shouldnt be to much of a problem, the real problem would be other mobile characters

potentially

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

well as smash has evolved to be about all video gaming, according to sakurai, that shouldnt be to much of a problem, the real problem would be other mobile characters

potentially
Askran trio confirmed for Smash since Sakurai love FE XD

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
You know I use to think the villains needed more representation in Smash and they still do. But where are the two big Nintendo girls like Dixie Kong and Krystal? And the big 3rd party girls like Chun-Li, Lara Croft, Amy Rose, ect? So many iconic gaming females missing from Ultimate it sucks thinking about it. Don't get me wrong, Smash has a ton a females, but I feel like Smash hasn't covered the big fish yet in that department in the roster. I honestly wish Krystal and Dixie Kong would get Ridley/K. Rool levels of popularity because they deserve it. We need them in the roster along with Chun-Li and other iconic gaming females.
Hey, Medusa from Kid Icarus has a support thread. She's a lady and a villain!

D

Deleted member

Dixie is pretty much overdue in my opinion.

D

Deleted member

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
I've said this before, but I don't think Kazooie counts less because she's a bird. A lot of Smash fans seem to think realistic human characters are somehow better than all other characters and I honestly can't stand that.
Along with Nana, the main reason why they don't make major impact on the gender balance is their nature of duo team. Duo is kinda different from alts, though they're similiar.

Personally, I'm not a picky person, and I wouldn't mind to see more duo or alts team with girls. Yet like I mentioned before, the case for Pac-Man and Terry is that it's a big waste of chance to not add female alts for these characters.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I missed out on the International Women's Day Speculation scene, but this is a heartwarming set of images.

Will we get a female character this pass? I hope. E3 was cancelled this year, so we're looking at some pretty shill picks atm.
wait how does cancelled e3 equal more shill picks?

D

Deleted member

wait how does cancelled e3 equal more shill picks?
Perhaps maybe there won't be enough people to thrive on the hype train, though they can create a separate Direct for the reveals. Then again, Nintendo has their hands on COVID-19 as well, so the development of the DLC is going to slow down quite a lot.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Perhaps maybe there won't be enough people to thrive on the hype train, though they can create a separate Direct for the reveals. Then again, Nintendo has their hands on COVID-19 as well, so the development of the DLC is going to slow down quite a lot.
well the dlc team was already smaller so perhaps the effect will be a bit more minimal compared to others, of course im not familiar enough with video game development to know how an international pandemic will affect it

D

Deleted member

well the dlc team was already smaller so perhaps the effect will be a bit more minimal compared to others, of course im not familiar enough with video game development to know how an international pandemic will affect it
And considering that they have a lower hudget, how will this affect the quality of the characters being added?

zferolie

Smash Hero
If we are assuming they have a lower budget, though i am not sure where this is coming from, i could see maybe all of season 2 are spirit upgrades. If this pass was like that, here are the 6 i would love to see.

1. Shantae
2. Geno
3. Rex and Pyra
4. Rayman
5. Ribbon Girl
6. Paper mario or medusa

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If we are assuming they have a lower budget, though i am not sure where this is coming from, i could see maybe all of season 2 are spirit upgrades. If this pass was like that, here are the 6 i would love to see.

1. Shantae
2. Geno
3. Rex and Pyra
4. Rayman
5. Ribbon Girl
6. Paper mario or medusa
So all Spirit/AT/Costume promotions (for me they’ll just all be spirits lmao):
1. Elma
2. Mecha-Fiora
3. Octoling Girl & Octoling Boy (because FP8)
4. Bandana Dee
5. Black Shadow
6. I guess Shantae?

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
For me, all Spirit/AT/Costume promotions (for me they’ll just all be spirits lmao):
1. Elma
2. Mecha-Fiora
3. Bandana Dee
4. Octoling Girl & Octoling Boy
5. Black Shadow
6. I guess Shantae?
How dare you only say i guess shantae! :p

All good choices, i would like all those

zferolie

Smash Hero
Double posting, sorry, but i wanna say i may replace ribbon girl woth jenna from golden sun. She was the main character in 2, or female main, and very important to the series. She also would bring the same djin gameplay but also have other magic and not a sword user!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
And considering that they have a lower hudget, how will this affect the quality of the characters being added?
Maybe more first than third parties? Like I see no more than three third parties being added

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
Didn't they say that the contents of the second pass were already decided? I feel like if they were going to cancel these characters, they would let us know.

D

Deleted member

Didn't they say that the contents of the second pass were already decided? I feel like if they were going to cancel these characters, they would let us know.
Then again they could still announce the characters digitally.

Top Bottom