• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We Be Smashin' Tourney, Port Charlotte, FL (5/1) Melee setups and possible low tier!

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
if I were you, I'd actually ask people. Most people are used to 10 entrance fee, and more omoney on the line hypes people up a little.
Also, I'm 100% going to win money in MMs... as long as people do not get scared after watching me play. :D

-!-

Smash Lord
Wow, I just noticed that singles entry was 5...
That's low. :(
Oh well.
I always wondered why u wanted to come to this with the prizes being not so great thanks to the entrance fee ROFL

I'm fine with $5 and I'm sure if people did wanted the entrance fee to go higher they would of had said so earlier. Maybe the reason this is getting good attendance, is cuz of the cheap event fees? Seems reasonable to me. But tbh I didn't thought this would get pass 25 people pushing it, this looks like it'll be a success in number. Maybe a few others should post their opinion about this and go from there. If anything, yea next tournament can be upgraded :)

Winge

Smash Rookie
I think the $5 fee is fine, this leaves more room to be spent in money matches, which are sometimes more fun than the tourny itself :p

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
just at the tourny itself take a vote of who wants it 10, and who wants it 5

if not enough 10's are there to make up for the 5's that won't enter due to the increase, keep it at 5.

if there can be more money in the pot with 10, regardless of the few people who drop because of the price change, make it 10.

ultimately its ur tourny, ur call.

-!-

Smash Lord
just at the tourny itself take a vote of who wants it 10, and who wants it 5

if not enough 10's are there to make up for the 5's that won't enter due to the increase, keep it at 5.

if there can be more money in the pot with 10, regardless of the few people who drop because of the price change, make it 10.

ultimately its ur tourny, ur call.
I would assume a few people may not even bother coming to this if it becomes the plan, maybe, but it shouldn't hurt the pot by much but just saying.

Personally I don't mind paying $5 more, but in the beginning I was mainly attracted to this cuz it was cheap, and in case it brought more people cuz of that, then it would make a more fun tournament... Instead of paying $5 and doing let's say $10 and only 22 out of 36 people register :urg: yes, the pot exceeds the 36 people total that could of entered but a bracket of just 22 doesn't feel right... Though it'll deff be faster. Also teams may barely hit 10 lol

but yea attendance isn't gonna get
cut in half or close if the fee becomes $10, at most I'll say a 20% drop which isn't bad at all and it will still provide a bigger pot.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
i cant afford to spend 10$ on an entry fee. I would not be able to come. this is because i am paying for a few of my hometown friends who have less money then me so if you bump it i am sorry to say me and the majority of my crew would be out.

-!-

Smash Lord
Personally, I'm looking forward on the Number of people showing up to this rather then the number of dollars collected in the Pot.

-!-

TRA

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys!

Abscent pretty much already said it:

Unless there is a huge push for the entry fee to be bumped up, I feel like it's a little late to change it.....

BUT

this being our first tourney we will take everything that you have to say under consideration for the next tournament we host.

As far as this one goes, if you guys want to stake more money we'll look into having set-ups just for MM's as long as they don't interfere with the tournament matches. MM's are always intense as **** so I say the more the better.

Time
Runs
Away

those who want to pay ten bucks could make a side bet like in poker. At the end of the tourney the highest placing individual who paid the 10 bucks could take the money collected in the side pot. I don't mind paying ten bucks, but for me this is less of a serious tournament and more of a ending of the school year smashfest for fun. DON'T BOGART MY FUN

Two-Ell

Smash Master
those who want to pay ten bucks could make a side bet like in poker. At the end of the tourney the highest placing individual who paid the 10 bucks could take the money collected in the side pot. I don't mind paying ten bucks, but for me this is less of a serious tournament and more of a ending of the school year smashfest for fun. DON'T BOGART MY FUN
^That sounds like a pretty good idea. A private competition for the others who can afford it.

TRA

Smash Journeyman
Definitely worth looking into.....

I can't think of anybody ever having done that before, so it would certainly make it a very unique event. We'll Smash for a bit tomorrow and mesh out the details to see if we can make it work.

Time
Runs
Away

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I would love to come to this and **** things!!!

But I need to work and I can't call off. I need to work as many days as possible and get ready to get a new car. I'll be back on the scene soon enough.

Zelda + low tiers.............'nuff said

-!-

Smash Lord
Dammmn u ed... I'm on my phone and as I scrolled down.... It just seemed ull say something epic...

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
The side pot thing sounds a lot better than the "vote when they get there" thing. You have a lot o people driving from a good ways off, and I'm sure a great many of them would be pissed if they couldn't afford to or didn't want to pay 10$ once they got there.

TRA

Smash Journeyman
My GPA is more important than losing to seibrik and I really need to ace all my fcats...
Lawl?

Pretty disappointed, but I understand the Johns. Just do what you can.

And @ everybody else:

Don't worry about us hiking up the entry fee, if we do anything it'll just be towards a side pot. (Which was a great idea, Meglaodon)

@Ed:
Miss you! (No Homo) If I were actually staying in Tampa for the Summer I'd be hitting you up all the time for some Brawl, but maybe towards the end when I get back (if you're even staying in Tampa).

Time
Runs
Away

Top Bottom