• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We Be Smashin' Tourney, Port Charlotte, FL (5/1) Melee setups and possible low tier!

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
WBS Singles Results

1: DewDaDash (Split $112) Dedede
2: EmoWolf (Split $112) Metaknight
3: Abscent ($24.00) Diddy Kong/Donkey Kong
4: M!X ($16.00) Snake
5: Winge ($8.00) Wolf/Toonlink
5: Aglow ($8.00) Ice Climbers/Rob
7: Eskmo Rob
7: Trump Fox/Pikachu/Falco
9: Nomeg Olimar
9: Mando???
9: Viper Falco
9: Zero ???
13: Silent Pinoy Pit
13: Malice ???
13: Sin Snake
13: Pope ???
17: BG Diddy Kong
17: Mech ???
17: King ???
17: Yineingeru ???
17: eMonk ???
17: Mink Peach
17: Inferno ???
17: CR4CK3RWOLF Fox
25: Rokanza ???
25: Jwaang ???
25: Quick ???
25: Kappo ???
25: Meglaodon Snake
25: Irritus ???
25: Orgasmike ???
25: Addy ???
WTF IS THAT EMONK ****!!!!!

also good **** aglow

Abscent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AbscentX
Lol Monk...he tried to use the name Monk and i was like nuh uh bruh...not happenin. lmao

Will post proper shoutouts soon. Thanks to everyone who came and participated and made this a more than successful event...alot of great matches took place.

Time to go clubbin

-!-

Smash Lord
Had a great time, good job on hosting the tourny. Looking forward to another one of these.

P.S. I don't know if it's relevant or if anyone cares, but I left my Wii Remote by the TV next to station D, if anyone could get it and give it to me next time I see them, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.
I looked for ur W!! Mote nd gave it to TRA, he may see u before I will so I just left it to him :)

Thanks for the low tier practice man, I had a lot of fun joining that tournament... Sadly I couldn't win one set :(

More shout outs tomorrow... I don't feel good...

-!-

Smash Lord
FXCK U!!!! Rofl I three stock ur asss >_>

Good games though, remember next time imma take that $20 from u one way or another... So keep it safe for me :)

My C. Falcon is soooo broooocckkkkeeennnnn >_>

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I wish I was here. I could've raged in a manic, hysterical manner. Dumb work telling me I had work and I really didn't. I COULD HAVE BEEN THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

TRA

Smash Journeyman
So, in no way did I get eight dollars. I would have liked eight dollars, but no one told me of such a thing.
Sorry about that, Aglow, you technically tied for 5th with Winge so TIO wanted to pay you both, but instead we had that 5th place finals match and I forgot to fix it when I Copy/Pasted the results.

I wish I was here. I could've raged in a manic, hysterical manner.
Wish you were there too! Next time, for realz.

Overall some pretty sick matches guys! I'll post better shout outs tomorrow (maybe in the evening). Had a great time smashing and I really dont want to leave for the summer, but that's just the way it is. Look forward to We Be Smashin' 2!! Shoutouts will come when I'm awake! Lol.

Oh! and before I forget, here are results from the Low Tier that we had. I'll post the brackets for all the events when I get a chance. In the meantime, if you guys want to post and tell me which characters you used so I could fill in all the "???'s" that'll be cool. I put in what I thought I remembered, but I couldn't remember as much as I wanted to....

1: SuperWolf ($35.00) Mario
2: Mech ($15.00) Samus
3: Eskmo Lucas/Ike
4: Mink Jigglypuff
5: Nomeg ???
5: D Who Ike?
7: DewDaDash Ike?
7: M!X Captain Falcon
9: Winge ???
9: TimeRunsAway Lucas/Ike

Seriously, Grand finals was so ridiculous! Probably the most exciting matches of the night. Congrats to EmoWolf on a crazy comeback, being down 2-0 and turning things around.

Time
Runs
Away

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Wow this sounded great. I hope you guys made sure to save all the replays so I can see some of this stuff myself D: Just zip 'em all up and put them on mediafire Abscent/TRA whenever you have the time.

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
And for all those that need to know or care to know...Emowolf is no longer Emo...he is now Super...SuperWOLF!
lol SuperFxckngWollfffff lol
this tourney was maddd funnn napless repppppppppp lol nd my mario is sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk ha intence matches ummm everyone was sickkk but they played gay <.< lmao i had so much fun in most of my sets cuz everyone would go see my match nd just cheer for me to looose nd i was like GETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTtttttttttttttttttTTTTTTTtttttttttt it was sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk dawgsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

tra- its superwolffff lol nd your marth is sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk dawgggg too bad we didnt save those matchs against abscent man that not sickkkkk man later dawgsssssssssssss

oh nd to everyone SUperWolf was collecting paperrr toOO i make it rainnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nigguhbhh ha

-!-

Smash Lord
Is there gonna be a Results thread??? I could post my Shoutouts there if so.

btw, Wolf your so lucky I didn't get to face your mario >_> lololol

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Fun tourney hope to see u guys run another tourney some time.

LOL and I'm never entering a low tier tourney again :laugh: Used ike for the 1st time in my life and try practicing with him for like an hour. Soooooooo slowwwwwwwwww omg. I have more fun cheering on my dawgggg superwolf then playing that lol.

Y'all should run another tourney the week before MLG/Gamme at either port charlotte or FGCU and make entrance $10. Naples will show up for sure. More tournies and you guys can build a strong local brawl scene :)

*Edit oh yea and we need to get that crew match sometime

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Is there gonna be a Results thread??? I could post my Shoutouts there if so.

btw, Wolf your so lucky I didn't get to face your mario >_> lololol
**** daawg MM righnt now dawg get off ur computer nd turn on the wiii i got chuuuuuu lol

I am so bad with Ike dittos :(
dawggg ike dittos are sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Fun tourney hope to see u guys run another tourney some time.

LOL and I'm never entering a low tier tourney again :laugh: Used ike for the 1st time in my life and try practicing with him for like an hour. Soooooooo slowwwwwwwwww omg. I have more fun cheering on my dawgggg superwolf then playing that lol.

Y'all should run another tourney the week before MLG/Gamme at either port charlotte or FGCU and make entrance $10. Naples will show up for sure. More tournies and you guys can build a strong local brawl scene :)

*Edit oh yea and we need to get that crew match sometime
lmao yea i remember u in the background goood shxt dawg thats sickkk tell em to gettttttt lol tooo good of a crewwwwwwwwww

Winge

Smash Rookie
Hopefully by next tournament, I'll have a stable secondary that I can use in case someone switches to Falco and chain grabs me cough cough cough.

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully by next tournament, I'll have a stable secondary that I can use in case someone switches to Falco and chain grabs me cough cough cough.
yea man i know it was sickkk right dawg? i should of gotten the first grab tooo controllers gayyy <.< shoulda been 3 stockk lol but sick dawg sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

mix is gonna say im tired dawg

-!-

Smash Lord
There where a lot of intense matches... Fxck they should of been recorded... I wanted my match vs Aglow recorded, that was epic. hey next time there should be a low tiers teams tourney >_>

Nd for sure we have to do Crew battles :)

TRA

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys! I'm with the girl and her parents for her Birthday, so I dont have time to do much today, but before the end of tomorrow EmoWolf----> SUPERWOLF on the results, and I will upload pictures of the brackets and then post a link to them.

About replays

There's wasn't time or enough SD cards to mod all the wiis before we started, and I think people only saved like 2 matches on mine..... next time that portion of the tourney will definitely be set up a little better and we'll get some sick matches recorded.

I hope you all had an AWESOME time, because I definitely did. If you can think of ANYTHING we could do to make it even bigger and better next time, please let us know.

More to come.

Time
Runs
Away

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Oh I see, I didn't know your wiis did not have homebrew on them. I kinda assumed since everyone nowadays uses it for custom music/textures and whatnot. I suppose next time everything will be able to be saved then. Important thing is you guys had a successful run anyway.

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
Maybe a bigger venue, but I know that can be difficult. If the tourney is to be any larger, it will be necessary. Also, better seating would be cool. Couches rode really low, and it's good to have a solid chair, or none at all.

Thanks a ton TRA for keeping the thing running. I wish we had gotten more matches in: it was fun playing with you and good meeting you. May your summer be fruitful (and pass quickly!)

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
There were some REALLY good spectator matches, especially between Mech and Emowolf. Those last like, 6 matches were intense.

Good job running in TRA. It went very fluid, and was probably one of the best run tournaments i've been to, regardless of game.

Mad props guys, definetly invite us to the next, you know we'll show up.

-!-

Smash Lord
Ohh yea those couches where soooo uncomfortable. I couldn't play my best cuz of that, I won so it didn't matter but still for future tournaments that should get fix somehow. Or at least let people go on another TV on request :)

and one thing for sure is the heat issue... I didn't knew what was hotter, the venue or outside :( it was that bad... I was trying to stand below the AC vents for a while to cool off... I was sneaky nd didn't told anyone >_> I don't like sharing lol but that was the main reason I didn't really wanted to play much friendlies cuz it was so hot nd wasted my energy :(

Tournament was ran good and all, had soooooooo much fun, saw some familiar faces nd actually played a few friendlies.... In the end, tired but still had fun. So no results thread ill assume? Proper shoutouts later on tonight I guess

-!-

Smash Lord
Shoutouts

TRA: You did an awesome job with the tournament, and I had lots of fun playing u in friendlies. it was nice seeing you again bro :) I'm looking forward for the next tournament, you know we'll support ;)
ABscent: Good Shxt running the Tournament as well, our MM was intense, friendlies where awesome too and tourney match was good too. I'mma take my MM back... but with Interest Bxtch! :laugh:
Sinfull & Partner???: Good stuff in teams, sadly we couldn't mm but friendlies would have been awesome. Next time for sure man, and partner, good stuff in our Tourney set it was fun. you counter picked me well but unfortunately I managed to score the win :) next time friendlies are a must.
Viper: Duuuude I still can't believe I didn't recognized u at first, good stuff in our set man keep it up ;) next time we should get a few friendlies and go over them to improve :)
Vipers Brother???: I can't believe we wasted 30 minutes trying to play on that one ******** W!! lol that was sooo gaaaay. Our set was sooo epic I wish it got recorded, I was surprised on how well C. Falcons D! can become... that's soooo broken at first I wasn't even paying attention on my percentage but daaamn did people got freaked out when I played :laugh: I deffinitely want to mess some more with him for Low-tier tourneys, hes fun to play :)
Vipers Friend/Lucas???: epic matches man, I thought you where gonna 2-0 me in that low-tiers set we had... epi as well lololol good shxt man!
That Snake kid that beat eMonk: lol sorry i can't remember your name, good dittos next time I can teach you a few things to help u out for future tournaments :)
AGlow: bro we HAAAAAVEEEEE to play some more on the next tourney we meet, sooo fun our set was. shxt should have been recorded though :(
Winge: good stuff for your 1st tournament man, u have a good Wolf, but pick a 2nd main or you'll have a realllyyyy tough time against DDDs and Falcos to name a few. Thanks on the warm up before the low-tier tournament. it help me a lil, idk how i was doing good since it was my 1st time using C. Falcon. more friendlies for next time bro. maaaaddd fun :)
That Snake/C. Falcon dude: thanks for the C. Falcon dittos, it was fun, if we meet again u gotta help me out with my Falcon, and if I can help u with snake I'll gladly do it :) funn chilling with you bro.
TRUMP: WE WHERE SUPPOSED TO PLAY XD next time bro for sure, at least in friendlies :laugh:

Ying: Duuude you're sooo sick, i wish we could of played some more, but next time for sure. glad to chill with u.
Yins Crew: good stuff guys, we shall play some more next time u com over or the other way around

Naples CREW: GOOOOODDDDDD SSSSHHHHHIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No need to write much, Luis you mario is SIIIIICCCCKKKK for you first time using him, but not as good as my C. Falcon... $50 mm right now!!! ohh wait, you're not home hahahaha where you at????? *wins by forfeit*

anyone I missed :ohwell: Good Shxt

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts?

TRA---- You are a sexy beast for hosting. Friendlies were great...we should definately play more. Could you point me to where you got that bracket generating software? Peace!

1: DewDaDash (Split $112) Dedede- SOrry we didn't get to play...or meet...

2: EmoWolf (Split $112) Metaknight - Better work on that IC matchup son :p Good set, and hopefully we'll play more in the future

3: Abscent ($24.00) Diddy Kong/Donkey Kong--- Good games....I'l john and say I wasn't warmed up, but I'm still afraid of diddy. You play him well. Here's to future matches!

4: M!X ($16.00) Snake ----Great set man. I feel as if I could have done better, but no Johns here: your snake is really slick. I hope to play again/record some matches in the future.

5: Winge ($8.00) Wolf/Toonlink---- GGs. Taking that big money off of me. ****.

5: Aglow ($8.00) Ice Climbers/Rob----- Don't freak out last stock.

7: Eskmo Rob ----Great, heartpounding set man. I want some more ROB dittoes later. Your rob is very solid...but I think your biggest power lies within your patience. I have a hard time staying cool....I definately took some notes after our last match.

7: Trump Fox/Pikachu/Falco ----- You are still, like, the sickest ****ing fox I have ever seen, and a friend to boot. I'm sorry we had to play each other...keep on doing work. Oh, and Heather says "Hi"

9: Nomeg Olimar
9: Mando???
9: Viper Falco
9: Zero ----- Good set. I was kind of pissed to learn that you'd just picked up metaknight and were beating people in brackets, but that's more metaknights fault. Beyond that, your spacings and timings were really solid: I hope you continue to play brawl as well as meele.

13: Silent Pinoy Pit---- As usual, repping the manliest character in brawl. No Lie. Thanks a ton for the ride and buy-in....had you not done so I would not have gotten to attend my most enjoyed tourney. It has been good getting to know/smash with you. Here's to Tampa!

13: Malice----- Nice Olimar man...those doubles were fun. It was good meeting you and your GF...I hope to play with you more in the future. Text me if you want to meet up or something before the next big tourney. And learn IC's!

13: Sin Snake

13: Pope---- Good set man.
17: BG Diddy Kong
17: Mech ???
17: King ???
17: Yineingeru ???
17: eMonk----Sorry you had to play vs. so many snakes...Let's get some more frendlies in in the future.
17: Mink Peach
17: Inferno ----- Keep on with the snake man...it will pay off eventually.
17: CR4CK3RWOLF Fox-----Fun friendlies!
25: Rokanza ???
25: Jwaang ???
25: Quick ???
25: Kappo ???
25: Meglaodon Snake----- SOrry we had to play right after friendlies...keep on throwing them 'nades.
25: Irritus ???
25: Orgasmike ???
25: Addy ???

TRA

Smash Journeyman
Finally getting around to shoutouts.

DewDaDash - Sick as always, congrats on the win. I think you've knocked me out of almost every tourney I've been to, and you probably wouldn't taken me in this one if I'd entered instead of taking care of the bracket.

SUPERWolf - IDK why you think I could have taken you, your Meta has gotten ridiculous. Freakin 0-death in teams? Nasty, bro. Congrats on colectin' paper this tourney, we gotta play some more.

Abscent - My boy, reppin' it up. Sorry to let you down in teams, but congrats on singles. Wish you woulda entered low tier! Yoshi is sick. Too bad about the 3-stock.... :-P

M!X - Loved the friendlies. Snake is a beast! Gotta play you more man, because it's always fun. Lol, we both kept trying to play and getting distracted at the end. That's how ridiculous the Grand Finals were in the Low Tier.

Winge - Congrats on placing your first tournament! thanks for the warmups and if you want help hacking your wii get back at me.

Aglow - One sick IC bro. Felt like I could only beat you when dumb stuff happened with desyncs. Next time I'm in Tampa I'm gonna hit you and the guys up for some Brawl. Here's the link to the thread with TIO: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=163236 it's a freakin sick program, man.

Eskmo - Always enjoy playing your Rob. My schedule is ridiculously easy next semester, so anytime you're on campus hit me up.

Trump - couldn't even begin to get it together against your fox. Just sick bro. Def wanna play you some more.

Viper - Really glad you and the guys came. I hope you had a good time, and I can't wait to smash with you guys some more next semester.

Silent Pinoy - Thanks for coming and brining Tampa! Crazy when I think back and realize how long we've known eachother. Def need to get together when I get back, and in the meantime, tell your sister I say Hi!!

Sin - Really appreciate you bringing your Crew, and I hope you guys had a good time. Sorry we didn't get to play eachother but next time for real! I'll hit you up when I'm back in fort myers and we'll plan a smashfest or somethin.

BG - Pretty good! Your Diddy is coming along nicely. Keep at it! Glad you could come.

Mech - Wicked awesome in Low Tiers! That Grand Finals set was intense! Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose, but you did awesome bro.

Yineingeru - Wish I could have played you more, next time for real! Thanks for coming man.

Mink -Thanks for coming bro. Way to rep peach and jigs! Next time I know you'll breeze through low tiers. Just a little more patience!

CR4CK3RWOLF - Thanks for helping me set stuff up and telling me about a few more hacks.

Jwaang - Thanks for the friendlies man. Pretty good all around, just probably need a bit more matchup experience.

Meglaodon - Actually.... I didn't get to play you at this, but that's alright, we play often enough. Next year brawl is gonna be sick in N1.

Orgasmike - Thanks for stopping by! Hope you and Daria had a good time.

And to everybody else! Really appreciate it guys. I couldn't have asked for a better group of guys to show up, and I'm glad to have had this before I leave for the Summer.

I'll put the brackets up by the end of tonight.

Until next time.

Time
Runs
Away

Top Bottom