• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We Be Smashin' Tourney, Port Charlotte, FL (5/1) Melee setups and possible low tier!

El_Rappy

Smash Rookie
Port Charlotte/Ft.Myers crew should mm Naples crew, that'd be so hype! :suess:

Winge

Smash Rookie
I've never done Crews but it sounds fun :)

Is there gonna be a live stream of this or no, since redhal isn't coming

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
Oh lawd, I'm comin' in hot with the Tampa crew. Many thanks to Pinoy in all his magnanimousness.

I would REALLY love to get some replays up for the IC boards. If any of you could help me with that, I would really dig it.

TRA

Smash Journeyman
I dont know about livestream, but we're definitely going to be recording as many matches as you guys want. I have a capture card to rip them off of the wiis with, and we'll get them all out to you guys.

Can't even sleeeeeep right now!

Time
Runs
Away

if anyone has a 2 gig SD card i believe we have the ability to make your wii run the infinite replay thing. We could also turn off tripping if everyone feels like it. Please bring 2 gig sd cards if this sounds legit.

-!-

Smash Lord
if anyone has a 2 gig SD card i believe we have the ability to make your wii run the infinite replay thing. We could also turn off tripping if everyone feels like it. Please bring 2 gig sd cards if this sounds legit.

I have one... I had the infinite before but idk one day I didn't had crap. If u can restore it it'll be good to save mooore replays :)

TRA

Smash Journeyman
Hey Matt,

As much as I hate tripping, I think it should be left on..... And if you could turn off your texture hacks and skins just for the tourney that would probably be better, I know the first time I played with them I got distracted..... Can't wait for this! You and Steve gonna team?

Also I have an extra SD card I could lend out if somebody wants their wii hacked at the tourney.

Side info, if you want us to hack it for replays and you want to keep it hacked for later, you need an SD card that is not SDHC, and that is 2 gigs or less (for some reason the wii has trouble reading bigger than that)

Time
Runs
Away

-!-

Smash Lord
5-10$ mm will motivate me to come more :D.
cmon im easy money , snakes my worst matchup.
Idk man u gonna infinite me? >_> if I feel it I can do $10... Heck maybe $20 if I win my other mms... Well see man. At the very least yea $5 if we do.

Abscent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AbscentX
almost 4 hours of driving is alot just to enter a 5 dollar singles tourney alone.
I think you should come regardless. There'll be plenty of money matches and if not just that, the side pot idea may be a great idea for those that want to put in more money.

Im definitely seeing that the entry fee being $5 is deterring people...but...why miss out on the experience of SWFL Brawl when the next tourney will be even better..

Come....

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
You have a confirmed four from Tampa coming and, as sad as it is, I really can't pay more than five for entry. Sidepot sounds hot for the more fiscally situated among us.

SOOOOOOOOOOO HYYYYPEEEEEEE

-!-

Smash Lord
almost 4 hours of driving is alot just to enter a 5 dollar singles tourney alone.

ROFL I definitely saw this coming, soooooo serious.

a few people won't make a big difference, this will still be soooo daaaammmn gooood. and sooo fun. :laugh:

I seriously can't wait to play later on today, Fxck... I wanna play right now >_> too bad I need rest for tomorrow... I should be there by 11:30 or a lil pass that. May not get that discount with my W!! showing up that late but I don't mind at all :)

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Have fun at this guys. Abscent make sure you get the tio up so I know how which round the matches were played when I record them. I'll record any money matches also if anyone wants them up.

TRA

Smash Journeyman
WBS Doubles Results

1: MOB (Eskmo and DewDaDash) (Split $72) :rob: and :dedede:
1: Naples (M!X and SuperWolf) (Split $72) :snake: and :metaknight:
3: The Ultimate Element (Nomeg and Trump) ($8.00) :olimar: and :fox:
4: Dolphins Eat Bananas (TRA and Abscent) :diddy: :dk2: and :marth:
5: The Watchtower (Viper and Meglaodon) :falco: and :snake:
5: Team Zero (Zero and Armando) ???
7: Team XoB (Sin and Pope) :snake: and ???
7: The Game (Irritus and Rokanza) ???

TRA

Smash Journeyman
WBS Singles Results

1: DewDaDash (Split $112) :dedede:
2: SuperWolf (Split $112) :metaknight:
3: Abscent ($24.00) :diddy: :dk2:
4: M!X ($16.00) :snake:
5: Winge ($8.00) :wolf: :toonlink:
5: Aglow :popo: :rob:
7: Eskmo :rob:
7: Trump :fox: :pikachu2: :falco:
9: Nomeg :olimar:
9: Mando???
9: Viper :falco:
9: Zero ???
13: Silent Pinoy :pit:
13: Malice ???
13: Sin :snake:
13: Pope ???
17: BG :diddy:
17: Mech ???
17: King ???
17: Yineingeru ???
17: eMonk ???
17: Mink :peach:
17: Inferno ???
17: CR4CK3RWOLF :fox:
25: Rokanza ???
25: Jwaang ???
25: Quick ???
25: Kappo ???
25: Meglaodon :snake:
25: Irritus ???
25: Orgasmike ???
25: Addy ???

Winge

Smash Rookie
Had a great time, good job on hosting the tourny. Looking forward to another one of these.

P.S. I don't know if it's relevant or if anyone cares, but I left my Wii Remote by the TV next to station D, if anyone could get it and give it to me next time I see them, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
So, in no way did I get eight dollars. I would have liked eight dollars, but no one told me of such a thing.

Great tourney all. Some awesome matches with many of you: M!x, we definitely have to do it again. I'd say the same of Abscent, but diddy is too stressful. I'm to tired to shout out properly, so I'll definitely do so later.

Top Bottom