• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We Be Smashin' Tourney, Port Charlotte, FL (5/1) Melee setups and possible low tier!

Abscent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AbscentX
. Abscent you never replied to my PM don't tell me you've forgotten about me after the WW days~
LMAO, whats up man. sorry ive been Absent (coincidence i swear) these past couple of days. But yeh, some recording services would be pretty sweet considering all we have is a capturing device (TRA's). But, yeh anything to get some more videos up would be sick. We wouldnt have to pay them would we? or you? And no i havent forgotten about you, i just dont play Online anymore cause it gimps my game.

Im really liking the attention this tournament is getting, and i dont doubt we could turn this into a series. The lan center doesnt get much attention during the school year so if SWFL is down to travel an hour or two out of there way every 2-3 months, im down to keep hosting it at this location.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
lolno Abscent you won't have to pay. I'll be recording the replays collected from the tourney. It'll only take me a day or two at the most to get them up. I hope it won't be too much of a burden to collect replays. I'm not very mobile at all right now so I won't be there myself to save them. Collecting Semi-Finals and onward would probably be best and less work. I can take your guy's money matches but it would be best for the players themselves to send those replays to me so Abscent doesn't have to worry about telling me which games were friendlies or MMs. I'll be using the bracket to know which tourney games were which. If anyone doesn't know how to upload Replays from their SD card I'll be glad to show them how. It takes about min to get them uploaded.

Abscent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AbscentX
@Aglow - In Fort Myers here there is, but he isnt coming to the tourney (cause he doesnt want to...fail right?)

@2link121 - If its just uploading replays then by all means. I know TRA has an SD card and im sure someone else might bring one. We'll send you the files after the tourney is over that night (if i remember).

Also post a link of the FL YT channel if you could. so i can subscribe

Sinfull0666

Smash Rookie
Ohh snap, dittos >_> I'm bad at those lol lets do $5 for dittos and $5 against ur other character, do u have another character???

EDIT: hey Viper, are u that IC that goes to those ZP monthlies in miami???

-!-
yea man i got another character, Snake happens to be my main though but ill take you up on that 5 for the ditto and 5 for the my sub vs ur snake.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Nick expect somewhere between 3 and 20 MMs from me :). I will find your weakness (not Falco, that's not manly at all).

-!-

Smash Lord
yea man i got another character, Snake happens to be my main though but ill take you up on that 5 for the ditto and 5 for the my sub vs ur snake.

Cool, what is ur 2nd main?

Also nick, I may mm too but don't gimp me like u did to Cos Snake.... I heard it was ****

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Alright cool Abscent, and everyone else feel free to send me your friendlies/money matches if you want them published to the channel. This is a link to the channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/FloridaMeister

As you guys can see Florida's Melee history is all over and I plan to keep it updated with modern melee content as well as brawl. I'm gonna take off the dust it's collected and organize the tourney videos in to playlists. When I make playlists of modern tournies I'll be sure to link threads, TO contact information, and venue location.

TRA

Smash Journeyman
I main the Jiggernaut.
I had a complete fail moment and read that not once, but twice and thought it said "Juggernaut" and assumed you were referring to Ganondorf, then I saw Jiggernaut and Lol'ed both at the pun, and at my idiocy.

Just thought I'd share :-)

Can't wait for this tournament, guys!

Time
Runs
Away

SilentPinoy

Smash Cadet
Ah man Jake I finally got around to reading this. Hopefully I can make it something is coming up for me on the first but it's kinda flakey so I'm hoping to be their Saturday.

TRA

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully I can make it something is coming up for me on the first but it's kinda flakey so I'm hoping to be their Saturday.
I'll cross my fingers for ya, bro. Haven't smashed with you since last summer! Really hope you can come. If not, just be sure to still hype it up for me. Tell everybody. Lol. Keep me updated.

what is the expected attendance so far.
I'd say at least 40. Right now there are 30+ just from this thread (maybe more, I was guestimating some of the crew sizes, but there will be 4 of them) and then Game Zion is getting some of the Port Charlotte brawlers hyped up, also.

So, some math: that's about $200 in the pot. Maybe more. IMHO, that's pretty sick.

Get hype!

Time
Runs
Away

Abscent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AbscentX
Wow, I just noticed that singles entry was 5...
That's low. :(
Oh well.
i was thinking the same exact thing yesterday when going over how much money was going to be in the pot. To be honest with you id love to bump it to 10. but seeing as how everyone is planning to come, id hate to change the price and have peoples decisions change. If anything, for the next tournament I host, and if feedback is positive we'll bump up the entry fee. For now...$5 will have to do...there will be plenty of MM's going on for you to make more money...if you can earn it :3

Top Bottom