• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Yeah. There are just some characters who weren't present for the first trailer that you can tell there's no chance in hell of getting cut.

All of the un shown Mario characters are coming back. Yoshi and Wario represent their own franchises and Peach is just far too popular to be cut on top of being one of the few female characters.

I also personally hunt down Sakurai myself if he touched my precious Peach.

D

Deleted member

0% chance.

Wii Fit Trainer won't allow such a fatass to be in the game without getting slimmed down. Wario's too lazy and arrogant to do so.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
No idea why they would cut Wario. He's both unique and a crowd pleaser.

Plus Wii Fit Trainer needs someone to pick on than just Bowser.

D

Deleted member

I can honestly see Wii Fit Trainer and Wario being rivals.
One is adamant about physical fitness, the other is fat, lazy, and proud of it.

Hammer B

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry. His chances to return are higher than most other characters because:
  • He represents a whole series in the game (so far every main character of a series has returned)
  • He was featured in both the cover artwork and the trailer of the previous game, showing how relevant was his introduction back then.
  • He is not a clone (usually clones are the first characters to go where needed)
  • He's still one of the most popular character of Nintendo (his saga is alive and he is a recurring character of the most succesfull videogame franchise of history - Super Mario).

I am sure he will be one of the next veterans to be featured in the new games.

D

Deleted member

There's no way Wario's getting cut.
With his girth, he's quite likely to get cut. And unlike Bowser, he doesn't have a shell to protect him.

Given that there are so many people swinging around swords, slashing with claws, etc., it's hard not to see Wario getting cut. Actually, it's likely he would get cut multiple times even in one match.

Hong

The Strongest
While he could use a lot of refinement, it stands that Wario actually had a sort of unique fighting style. Like, if everyone else was not so floaty in Brawl, his aerial agility would stand out more, up there with Jiggs (who may or may not return).

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I have to say Ive been very concerned Wario wasnt shown in the E3 video. What are his chances on returning or not? They cant cut Wario... Can they?
No offense, man, but you really need to calm down. Like now.

Wario is hugely popular and just had a new game. He isn't going anywhere. Over 66% of Brawl's roster was not shown in the E3 reveal. Exclusion from that video means nothing.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Wario was the most requested character pre-Brawl trailer, he is very iconic to Nintendo in general, and he was quite a successful character.

If he's getting cut then they might aswell cut Luigi or someone of that status too.

I do expect him to get some Wario Land: Shake Dimension moves though.

[Corn]

Smash Ace
He just had a game released in Japan did he not? That alone adds to his ability to return.

I cant imagine him without air camping lol.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
I can honestly see Wii Fit Trainer and Wario being rivals.
One is adamant about physical fitness, the other is fat, lazy, and proud of it.
I think we just discovered what the new adventure mode is about. We won't even need any cutscenes because it'll be intuitively obvious why WFT and Wario hate each other. Brilliant! Someone quote this, translate it, and have it on Sakuria's desk by tomorrow morning!

[Corn]

Smash Ace
I think we just discovered what the new adventure mode is about. We won't even need any cutscenes because it'll be intuitively obvious why WFT and Wario hate each other. Brilliant! Someone quote this, translate it, and have it on Sakuria's desk by tomorrow morning!

Still a better story then SSE

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
With his girth, he's quite likely to get cut. And unlike Bowser, he doesn't have a shell to protect him.

Given that there are so many people swinging around swords, slashing with claws, etc., it's hard not to see Wario getting cut. Actually, it's likely he would get cut multiple times even in one match.
But that spot dodge

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
If they cut Wario it would no doubt be the stupidest cut char in Smash history RealTalk even more ****ed and stupid than Mewtwo. I would be extremely Upset/Dissapointed/Suprised.

Im sure Sakurai aint that ********. Wario should have Been in Melee for god sake RealTalk.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The trailer in general shows Nintendo's biggest current franchises, Wario was probably not shown for not being a big franchise of it's own.
Even though, I think Wario is back for another fight.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Just think they dropped the ball, by not putting wario in the wii fit trainer reveal

Bowser seems to have slimmed down!

number90901

Smash Rookie
WFT is already taking her toll!
Anyway, I really hope Wario is in. His new game looks hilarious.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
Were people actually expecting them to show EVERY SINGLE character during E3???
They only showed the most iconic, memorable, probably playable from the very start characters.
The others probably aren't completely finished. They focused on these ones for E3 and polished them up.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
I don't see why Wario should be taken out, if anything Waluigi is probably joining the battle this around as well.

There is no way Waluigi makes it into a Smash Bros game as a playable character, and absolutely no way he replaces Wario for the spot.
He hasn't been in any other games outside of Mario sports titles, and is nowhere near iconic enough to be a representative of the Mario world.
We all love Waluigi, but it's unrealistic to think he'll be playable.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Were people actually expecting them to show EVERY SINGLE character during E3???
They only showed the most iconic, memorable, probably playable from the very start characters.
The others probably aren't completely finished. They focused on these ones for E3 and polished them up.
Yoshi is more memorable than Pit but they didn't show him. Arguably, Wario is as well.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Yoshi is more memorable than Pit but they didn't show him. Arguably, Wario is as well.
I'm betting the only reason they finished Pit before Wario or Yoshi is because they wanted to showcase his changes after his 3DS game. Also, I'm betting Sakurai probably had those changes to his character fresh on his mind after having developed that game, so I bet he wanted to work on Pit before those other characters.

Top Bottom