• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

Timbers

check me out
lol wario has great roll punishers. In regards to Luc rolling behind wario; nair, grab, dair, bair, and ultimately waft can all be used to punish to a great degree. The luc is stupid for rolling into an opponent with such a good close-quarters game.

Rakuko

Smash Cadet
i'm sorry if this has already been asked, but can Wario's bike really outprioritize projectiles, such as Ness's PK Fire? I don't have a Wii to test out Wario stuff, so this is fairly surprising to me.

A.A

Smash Cadet
i was playing with wario and noticed that if you use the weakest power waft and someone is standing next to you they slip. Is their any practical advantage of doing this, if so any videos?

Some_Kind_of_JokÈ?

Smash Apprentice
lol no.
if they do trip then they actually get up before wario has the chance to do anything. therefore making it useless ...but i like to use it as a taunt after a fart kill xD

Popertop

Smash Champion
i was playing with wario and noticed that if you use the weakest power waft and someone is standing next to you they slip. Is their any practical advantage of doing this, if so any videos?
only in teams in 2v1 :laugh::laugh:
there is a vid somewhere of a D3 dthrowing into weak fart (a snake btw) to the edge of the stage and finishing it with Fsmash

Rawnie

Smash Champion
Ok guys, I think I found something. I'm not sure if this would be useful. If this is old I apologigize for wasting your time.

So I decided to play a CPU for the heck of it. I was G&W and the CPU was Wario. So I knock him off the stage and attempt an edgeguard. I hit him, so he could no longer use his bike and was forced to use Up B. He hit me with it and sent him flying really high. I'm talking the high of a full Waft!

I did not use GW's Uair to send him flying. I have no idea how this was performed but I thought I should share this.

I have the replay, but no way to record it. If someone would like to see this I will be show you.

Wario Nut

Smash Journeyman
I have a question: who is a reliable secondary for Wario who isn't high tier and covers match-ups like Dedede(mostly him lol)

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
Ok guys, I think I found something. I'm not sure if this would be useful. If this is old I apologigize for wasting your time.

So I decided to play a CPU for the heck of it. I was G&W and the CPU was Wario. So I knock him off the stage and attempt an edgeguard. I hit him, so he could no longer use his bike and was forced to use Up B. He hit me with it and sent him flying really high. I'm talking the high of a full Waft!

I did not use GW's Uair to send him flying. I have no idea how this was performed but I thought I should share this.

I have the replay, but no way to record it. If someone would like to see this I will be show you.
Catch me on AIM and we'll trade wii codes. I'll upload it for you.

Rawnie

Smash Champion
I have a question: who is a reliable secondary for Wario who isn't high tier and covers match-ups like Dedede(mostly him lol)
Zelda is the only one I can think who's not high tier, of off the top of my head.

Catch me on AIM and we'll trade wii codes. I'll upload it for you.
I added you but I'll give you the replay tomorrow.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Game and watch's up-b also makes you go up if your near him when he uses it. Did you up-b just as the wario up-b'd?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Go for isolated hits, don't followup with chains/combos b/c they'll just wreck you for them. Do a lot of baiting and spacing, and this entire matchup should be won with bites and grabs, in a sense.

YagamiDark

Smash Journeyman
Ahh I see...
So it's gonna be a slow, uneventful match with me jumping around and airdodging looking for an opportunity for one hit then running away again...
So camp him basically?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You could if you wanted to, but you don't have to. He's easy to bait, b/c they have priority over us, so they want to attack us, so you don't have to camp him... you just gotta force him to make openings.

Oh, and feel free to wreck him offstage. Forcing them to tornado up and then clapping or wafting is too good.

Browny

Smash Hater
does wario have any attacks that can safely beat a Kirby's bite once he steals it? besides uair and perfectly spaced dairs i found myself getting bitten out of almost everything i tried in a match yesterday lol

stnapknah

Smash Journeyman
does wario have any attacks that can safely beat a Kirby's bite once he steals it? besides uair and perfectly spaced dairs i found myself getting bitten out of almost everything i tried in a match yesterday lol
your bite>>>kirbys bite. always. I usually just outbite a kirby who uses bite but your dair doesn't have to be perfectly spaced; you just need to go behind them.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
^^^ that's why you're messing up.

It's:

Dash --> Down Cstick --> Up + Z

and thanks px
ohhhh thanx.

i spam fsmash. is that a bad habit? everytime my opponent is open i use it lol. the speed/damage is amazing. i sorta use uair too alot when i have the chance. for kills i use gimping/waft. should i change my habit?

Popertop

Smash Champion
ohhhh thanx.

i spam fsmash. is that a bad habit? everytime my opponent is open i use it lol. the speed/damage is amazing. i sorta use uair too alot when i have the chance. for kills i use gimping/waft. should i change my habit?
*hopes he is sarcastic*

of course you should.
use Dair for damage, and Fsmash for kills
a Dsmash at the right time can set up for a gimp

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
By the time dsmash is finished your opponent will have made it to the stage, used all his taunts and grabbed you.

And how can you get away with spamming fsmash? That attack is very punishable on a shield. Spamming u-air is good in some match-ups to abuse blind-spots. *cough*rob*cough*

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Dsmash is amazing at higher percents. It's only not good to use if they shield it, at higher percents even the weaker hit will pop them too far to punish you before your move ends.

It also has a very sexy trajectory, high priority, and it extends over the edge of the stage, making for a viable edgeguard against ledgehops/jumps.

Popertop

Smash Champion
By the time dsmash is finished your opponent will have made it to the stage, used all his taunts and grabbed you.

And how can you get away with spamming fsmash? That attack is very punishable on a shield. Spamming u-air is good in some match-ups to abuse blind-spots. *cough*rob*cough*
well, if your not an idiot you will hit them after they airdodge

and there is plenty of time to go and gimp them

∫unk

Smash Master
What's the best way for wario to DI horizontal and vertical KO moves.

Just give me the run down on move sequence... I know the bike is involved somewhere.

For example, with Marth's Horizontal I would say:
SDI towards the corner then DI towards the stage while mashing c-stick f-air. Once the f-air comes out fastfall. Jump if you still don't think you'll survive.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
What's the best way for wario to DI horizontal and vertical KO moves.

Just give me the run down on move sequence... I know the bike is involved somewhere.

For example, with Marth's Horizontal I would say:
SDI towards the corner then DI towards the stage while mashing c-stick f-air. Once the f-air comes out fastfall. Jump if you still don't think you'll survive.
DI into the corner while mashing your stick c-stick down. If its a horizontal hit and you are absolutely sure you have 2 much momentum, use the bike. Never use the bike when its really close though, since the bike can actually kill you if you don't give it enough time to stop your momentum (though it gets rid of ALL of it not just some like a FF'ed aerial)

Rakuko

Smash Cadet
i'm just wondering, how do you do the wheelie on the bike? i haven't really messed around with the bike much, and the extra cover would definitely help.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
Pull the bike out and then hold the control stick in the direction you are moving and a little bit up. You can also do nose wheelies, but you have to be in the air when you get the bike out and you leave yourself open

EDIT: wait... I've been thinking about it more, and I don't really remember how to do it, I just do lol. I don't really pay attention to my hands, so this may not be right xD. I just know it's pretty easy to do

DemonFart

Smash Lord
^^what he said.

Edit:mbreeto ur right,u do a wheelie by tilting the control stick the opposite way ur biking in.

:092:

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Can bite be used to stage-spike?
Suppose you were close enough to the edge, go off, your opponent DI's out, and they hit the wall. (Imagine it's FD or BF.)

Would they be hurled down?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yes, if the bite tosses them into the stage it will stage spike, it's better to start the bite a little above stage at mid-low percents if possible, as it makes it easier for you to recover.

Top Bottom