• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Yes, if the bite tosses them into the stage it will stage spike, it's better to start the bite a little above stage at mid-low percents if possible, as it makes it easier for you to recover.
Thanks, that's been on my mind for awhile, but I never got it answered.
My next tourny's in a week, and I was planning on Ness/Mario/Wario. I managed to do fairly well with Wario, and wondered if I could experiment with this for giggles in friendlies.

Masky

Smash Master
What's the best way to DI an attack/cancel your momentum to live as long as possible with Wario? (for vertical and horizontal hits)

Masky

Smash Master
That can't be right for horizontal KOs, even airdodge is faster than dair

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Airdodge is faster but it doesn't give you control over your momentum. If the hit is over longer distances and horizontal, airdodge into a bike before you're too close to the blast zone, under all other circumstances a dair will give you momentum control sooner.

Masky

Smash Master
So under normal circumstances, dair is best. Are you supposed to jump after you dair for horizontal hits?

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
Also jump helps to reset your momentum. Airdodging is much slower than D-air. Clap is also solid just because it looks tiiiiight

Wario Nut

Smash Journeyman
I have a question: how do you grab-break on the ground when grabbed by Yoshi.(I saw that this is mentioned on the match-up thread for combating Yoshi so I was wondering how you do this, because in all of my testing I couldn't ground break on him but about once in a blue moon)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I think you have to mash out like as soon as he puts you in his mouth, or something like that. Don't rely on it, lol. Just don't chase him when he's running on the ground, that's what they want :p

Popertop

Smash Champion
I think you have to mash out like as soon as he puts you in his mouth, or something like that. Don't rely on it, lol. Just don't chase him when he's running on the ground, that's what they want :p
the first grab hit is on the ground, the rest are in the air.
if you grab break during the first grab hit, then you break on the ground.
any later, it's an air break and a free Usmash for Yoshi

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
the first grab hit is on the ground, the rest are in the air.
if you grab break during the first grab hit, then you break on the ground.
any later, it's an air break and a free Usmash for Yoshi
Ty very much Pops :p I only play against Bwett/Furbs once in a blue moon so I wasn't too sure about the specifics, haha.

lil cj

Smash Lord
I just picked up Wario again
I missed his play style:)
My question is...does Wario have any AT's and ways of getting out of grab releases??

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
His only AT is DACUS as far as I know, the only useful one at least. No way out of grab release aside from hovering under platforms, lol.

stRIP

Smash Ace
I got a BIG Question...

Im thinking on taking Wario as my Second besides Lucario

I actually looked some vids of him..

And now the question: (DANGER, FKIN BAD ENGLISH INCOMING!)

I really dont know howto rack up damage

I dont know about the metagame

How to begin with Wario

What to learn...

Rly, i dont know how i should play him (im think about spacing fairs bairs nairs and dairs and killing with FSmash and UAir or something)

HELP PL0X

stnapknah

Smash Journeyman
I got a BIG Question...

Im thinking on taking Wario as my Second besides Lucario

I actually looked some vids of him..

And now the question: (DANGER, FKIN BAD ENGLISH INCOMING!)

I really dont know howto rack up damage

I dont know about the metagame

How to begin with Wario

What to learn...

Rly, i dont know how i should play him (im think about spacing fairs bairs nairs and dairs and killing with FSmash and UAir or something)

HELP PL0X

Wario is weird because there is not one "best" way to play him. Seriously, after playing him for a while, you start to develop your own style based on what works and doesn't. What you should know, however, is that dair is amazing, fair is good for poking/gimping, up-air does really good damage and the hitbox extends to the sides of the clap, and it is indeed a good idea to save f-smash for the kill. Fast-falling your aerials is also something that's very important for Wario. This doesn't mean you should only ever use f-air to gimp though. Like i said, just mess around with him and you'll be fine. If you want more advice, other than playing, try watching some videos to see what Warios do and don't do.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
I hear people saying all the time that grab release combos give Wario a disadvantage in certain matchups
The only ones I know of though are the snake GR to Nair/UTilt and the Marth GR to FSmash
Are there other ones that I dont know about cause Ive heard people say dont get grabbed against Ganon, ZSS or Yoshi and I want to know why.
If someone could just list all the major grab release combos and even the minor ones if you feel up to it
Thanks in advance ^_^

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
I hear people saying all the time that grab release combos give Wario a disadvantage in certain matchups
The only ones I know of though are the snake GR to Nair/UTilt and the Marth GR to FSmash
Are there other ones that I dont know about cause Ive heard people say dont get grabbed against Ganon, ZSS or Yoshi and I want to know why.
If someone could just list all the major grab release combos and even the minor ones if you feel up to it
Thanks in advance ^_^
If you really want to know that badly, you should go search for it. Why would I make you a detailed list of all the dumb crap that happens to us out of grab release ? 0_o

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I think it works on any slanted ground. DMG says he got it to work on the Delfino staircases in one of the transformations and Morphed has done it on Yoshi's Island. You could probably pull it off on Pipes and pretty much all slanted ground.

I wouldn't try to rely on setting this up, especially in something as frenetic as teams, though XD

You guys the Real Team that placed pretty well at NO KOAST? How'd you do in singles?

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
I dunno if I'm a big Wario icon or not, I just like to pop in and say HI and give some imput I think, I dunno. (That and I've got a really bad sinus infection, can't think too well.)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Apparently, I play Wario "weirdly."
Weirdly? IDK about playing him weird, but you certainly do have fun with him, more than probably Fiction or Bassem or I combined lol. Furthest I've gone is yell out "OM NOM NOM!", I know you could probably Dair someone IRL Reflex haha.

I actually think I play Wario weird, still do.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
Can someone make a video guide to super bike jumping, I've been trying to do it a ton and can't even do it once >__<

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Can someone make a video guide to super bike jumping, I've been trying to do it a ton and can't even do it once >__<
It's way too hard to do reliably enough for that, imo (though MorphedChaos may prove me wrong). I tried it plenty for a while and would get it once in a blue moon :\

bassem6

Smash Lord
Proper DI- When your hit horizontal, mash the c-stick down and jump. When vertical, mash the c-stick down and fastfall. If your hit by a move your pretty sure will kill you, immediately airdodge then use the bike in the opposite direction of the way your going to halt your momentum(only works for horizontal)

Combos- There are many things you can do here. Full hopped dair to uair. Sh uair to up-b, dair to dair, bite to DACUS, nair to f-smash. Be creative >_< (you can watch some combo videos for ideas).

Waft setups- on characters with poor air mobility, try waiting for them to airdodge then while their vulnerable fart. At 0%, SH up-air to full waft is guaranteed on some characters for an easy 59%. Other then that you just gotta predict or use it when the opponent is trying to recover.

Glide tossing- Wario's glide toss is decent. I think its best if you throw the item RIGHT after you input the roll(almost simultaneously). You can glide toss forward, down, and back into a guaranteed f-smash(if the tire hits and stuns them) or maybe into a waft(havent tried this much)

Wario's best stages IMO are frigate, brinstar, Rainbow cruise and smashville. Worst stages IMO are luigis mansion and yoshis island.

I think wario's hardest matchups are ddd, marth and game and watch

Many people have grab releases on wario(even wario can get a free waft on himself but that goes against the wario honor code). Some of the ones you should watch out for are bowser(usmash,fsmash), ddd(fair, usmash), peach(usmash), snake(nair,utilt), ike(utilt), marth(fair,nair,fsmash), and falcon(free knee FTL). Those are the nasty ones that come to mind. Then some chars like yoshi and zss can infinite, but I've never actually had it happen to me so yeah...
Look at the size of that. Exhibit A

Try airdodging and landing behind him, or picking up his nades and throwing em back, ,or just running up and grabbing him while hes busy messing with the nades.
Exhibit B

yes
nobody(I guess you can against DK)
DDD, Snake, and MK come to mind
**** them, **** them all
Certain parts of the stage increase the duration of move hitboxes, EX: Waft lasts for quite a bit if you use it on those spheres holding the two sides of the stage together.
Exhibit C.

And what are YOU talking about stnap. You have to be one of the original warios to be in the big 4. Maybe I'd answer more questions if you included my name in the title =D

Top Bottom