• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Pit here, sir. Technically I double main the two of them now, but I won't be able to show proof of that until SiiS 4. I'm going (mostly) all Pit (I love wario enough that I'll simply use him if I'm not having fun XD)
you just ripped a hole in my heart.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
I secondary Falco, Donkey Kong, and King Dedede. I looooove playing tons of characters in Smash! I've pretty much mained like every character on the roster at one time or another over the years, but I always have been a true Wario main at heart. Oh the trials of yesteryear, when the grab release was found on Wario. He was lost to me then, exiled to the realm of ignorance by yours truly: the despaired Pwneroni, caught in a crossroad of choices, judgement clouded by fury. I forsook him that one fateful day, only to find him patiently waiting for me to come back where we left off.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Main: Fresh peppermint biker wario.
Second: Tropical citrus burst biker wario.
Third: mk/wolf/marth/toonlink/olimar/overalls wario.

I only switch if im not feeling confident in my wario that day or i just dont want to put up with the nonsence. Either player wise or feel like goofing off. DONT be confused and think that i use different characters for different matchups! I will always try wario for any matchup. somtimes there are people i just dont have fun playing against as wario.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
=o i love you, lol i cant play mk either and i never here someone say they cant play mk.
Yeah, I try to spam dsmash nado up b and but it doesn't work. I try fair walls dair camping etc etc etc and I still fail with him. I just figured he wasn't for me.

SAX

Smash Ace
Main: Fresh peppermint biker wario.
Second: Tropical citrus burst biker wario.
Third: mk/wolf/marth/toonlink/olimar/overalls wario.

I only switch if im not feeling confident in my wario that day or i just dont want to put up with the nonsence. Either player wise or feel like goofing off. DONT be confused and think that i use different characters for different matchups! I will always try wario for any matchup. somtimes there are people i just dont have fun playing against as wario.
Yeah I feel you there. I just hate the wario ditto though. If I ever face another Wario player, I just go MK. I secondary himfor that very reason haha.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
every Wario I've ever ditto'd always grab releases me. however, I refuse to grab release a fellow Wario simply because I'm to honourable for that. I would grab release > waft if it was tourney though tbh.

Padô

Smash Lord
If you grabreleased a Wario WHATEVER the situation you just broke the Wario moral Code and now we are able to fart in your face IRL.

I'm getting the first plae to do so if some of you actually did it :mad:

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
It's not some "evil" technique, grab releasing Wario in dittos. I happen to love Wario dittos (I beat Fiction in Wario dittos at Genesis in '09 xD), you really shouldn't make grab release out to be that bad. It's a legitimate strategy! Don't get grabbed haha.

The best thing ever though is when you're playing another Wario, and they grab release you to fart every stock, yet you still win. Toooo good heh. My favorite grab release is to side taunt below a platform. Vitrually unpunishable by another Wario, yet almost always gets a laugh.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
@Pwneroni: I always grab release to Butt taunt. It really isnt punishable. <3 <3.

But i feel so awkward when i grab wario and he breaks out upward before i actually realize whats going on.

So by pado's logic: if a wario breaks out of another warios' grab, EVEN IF ITS ACCIDENTAL, he must be farted on and pummeled in the balls.

(S!C)

Smash Journeyman
how to get through falcos laser spam?

whats the best way to play against zss?

what can i do against gaws nair?

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno

falco: nothing you can really do. Try to learn the pattern and airdodge/shield/spotdodge them. Use platforms if you can. It gives you more options to jump.

Zerosuit short answer: Just play reactive. Punish when you see an opening. dont challenge Dsmash. DONT Get juggled in the air.

Zerosuit long answer: my highschool class starts in 20 min and im not even dressed yet. do i really have time to answer this?

Padô

Smash Lord

what can i do against gaws nair?
Hey S!C :)

Well, pretty much on what Dyno's said about Laser Spam, also your bike will go throught them but a good Falco will SideB it in time before he gets hit by it, the best way is to read Falcos SideB as you approach and punish him. I'd recommend approach from the air, it's kinda hard to do it from the ground since Wario's Dashshield is not that good/fast.

First things to notice: Keep away from her UAirs and be careful of her spacing tools. She's really fast on the ground so watch out because she can get under you and **** you hard with UAir. Be careful with aerial approaches because she can Tilt/Aerial them pretty easily. If you are having problems with SideB spacing, just powershield it and grab her or maybe attack from above.
Once she's offstage this is your best opportunity to kill her since she's light as hell and her recovery kinda sukcs so abuse from this.
Her UAir might be stale on this MU so the only moves you have to watchout is Bair/Fair and SideB so once you get into DSmash you are probably eating one of those so avoid this at all costs to survive at extremely High %s.

G&W Nair: Well, you got two options: You FAir/BAir it as Chair said, OR, get under him and punish the lack of hitbox the move has below, maybe you could even wait for it to hit your shield and NAir OoS, it's situational, if he's retreating it you'd better powershield the last fish hit and OoS onto anything him.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Hey S!C :)

Well, pretty much on what Dyno's said about Laser Spam, also your bike will go throught them but a good Falco will SideB it in time before he gets hit by it, the best way is to read Falcos SideB as you approach and punish him. I'd recommend approach from the air, it's kinda hard to do it from the ground since Wario's Dashshield is not that good/fast.

First things to notice: Keep away from her UAirs and be careful of her spacing tools. She's really fast on the ground so watch out because she can get under you and **** you hard with UAir. Be careful with aerial approaches because she can Tilt/Aerial them pretty easily. If you are having problems with SideB spacing, just powershield it and grab her or maybe attack from above.
Once she's offstage this is your best opportunity to kill her since she's light as hell and her recovery kinda sukcs so abuse from this.
Her UAir might be stale on this MU so the only moves you have to watchout is Bair/Fair and SideB so once you get into DSmash you are probably eating one of those so avoid this at all costs to survive at extremely High %s.

Falco: Adding on to what pado said, Falco might sideB your bike if you try to use it BUT keep inmind that if they time the DownB, they can hit you with that aswell. I think that it is easier to hit wario off his bike with downB rather than racting and sideB. SideB is must slower.

If they are going to side B, know your options. Wario's Nair goes through falco's side B.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
Airdodge through lasers to get close, then nair your way in. A Falco who wants to camp will sideB, and Nair will always beat OR clank with Falco's sideB, so there are no consequences to you. PROFIT.
If ZSS ever tries to infinite you, make sure you bike out of it. Feel free to juggle ZSS with uairs and exploit her bad recovery, make sure you watch out for that sideB because she WILL use it, lol
GaW's nair isn't so bad, just SDI it or shield it and you'll be all good

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
If only there was a thread that discussed how to deal with a characters to moves and how to punish man that would be pretty helpful.*shrugs* to bad we don't have something like that. =/.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
You guys underestimate GaW's nair. Spaced correctly you can't beat it with shielding. You can't. It flatout beats most of our approaches and is generally a safe thing to do.

Bad!

Smash Cadet
can anyone help me on how to beat a pit that spams arrows and stays near the ledge???

B.Mack

Smash Ace
I find Pit to be a pretty easy matchup... But I've never played a REALLY good Pit main before.

Schwa

Smash Apprentice
Yo guys :)

I just picked up Wario as a secondary(I main Diddy), and I've been wondering which one of his aerials is the best for momentum canceling? I've been using D-air so far.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Yo guys :)

I just picked up Wario as a secondary(I main Diddy), and I've been wondering which one of his aerials is the best for momentum canceling? I've been using D-air so far.
Forward air if you get hit horizontally

Dair if vertical

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
I have a pretty good question for you all, but first must come a short story.

When Wario was just a young lad, he was not a very good fighter. His Kung Fu was fairly weak, and although he had a very nice bicycle that he could use for combat, it felt awkward at this point in his life. He decided to train in pure Kung Fu, foregoing the bicycle altogether and only using it for travel. Years passed, and Wario's Kung Fu skill grew. His movements became more fluid and quick, and his thoughts became more focused. All of his strikes now had a purpose.

As Wario walked out of his training dojo one day, he glanced over at his bicycle. There was just this feeling in his soul, a feeling he couldn't explain. He knew that it was time to use his bike. As the bicycle lay in pieces at his feet, he picked up one of the tires on the ground. It felt light in his hand, less awkward than from years before. Wario jumped in the air, bouncing his tire off the ground multiple times while spinning wildly. Tires in hand, he shook his dizziness away and walked into the dojo once again.

Now for the question. What is the fastest way to get at your tires? I'm talking more than the basic "Throw it up and hit it" technique. We're talking about advanced techniques here, like specific attack combinations, bike bounces and tire trajectories.

Example: Bike wipeout, single jab, throw bike upwards and hit with full Dair. Nair immediately to catch a tire as it flies out. I think that one might work, maybe the bike has to bounce once.

Also, what are some advanced tire combos? More advanced than tire throw to Uair. Oh and don't include footstool combos, those are too unreliable to use consistently. Doesn't need to be true combos, just good possible follow ups. Shield pressure combos are really great too!

Example: I don't have any yet haha.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Airdodge through lasers to get close, then nair your way in. A Falco who wants to camp will sideB, and Nair will always beat OR clank with Falco's sideB, so there are no consequences to you. PROFIT.
If ZSS ever tries to infinite you, make sure you bike out of it. Feel free to juggle ZSS with uairs and exploit her bad recovery, make sure you watch out for that sideB because she WILL use it, lol
GaW's nair isn't so bad, just SDI it or shield it and you'll be all good
ZZS got a good recovery...

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Now for the question. What is the fastest way to get at your tires? I'm talking more than the basic "Throw it up and hit it" technique. We're talking about advanced techniques here, like specific attack combinations, bike bounces and tire trajectories.

Example: Bike wipeout, single jab, throw bike upwards and hit with full Dair. Nair immediately to catch a tire as it flies out. I think that one might work, maybe the bike has to bounce once.

Also, what are some advanced tire combos? More advanced than tire throw to Uair. Oh and don't include footstool combos, those are too unreliable to use consistently. Doesn't need to be true combos, just good possible follow ups. Shield pressure combos are really great too!

nice story.

Its funny you asked this question. I was just messing around with bike breaking tire pickup just yesterday.

I normally use 1 method that works well for me.

edge crash>pick up bike>turn around>upthrow>Bounce once>Clap>bounce again> airdodge where the back of the bike is = big tire.

(S!C)

Smash Journeyman
I have a pretty good question for you all, but first must come a short story.

When Wario was just a young lad, he was not a very good fighter. His Kung Fu was fairly weak, and although he had a very nice bicycle that he could use for combat, it felt awkward at this point in his life. He decided to train in pure Kung Fu, foregoing the bicycle altogether and only using it for travel. Years passed, and Wario's Kung Fu skill grew. His movements became more fluid and quick, and his thoughts became more focused. All of his strikes now had a purpose.

As Wario walked out of his training dojo one day, he glanced over at his bicycle. There was just this feeling in his soul, a feeling he couldn't explain. He knew that it was time to use his bike. As the bicycle lay in pieces at his feet, he picked up one of the tires on the ground. It felt light in his hand, less awkward than from years before. Wario jumped in the air, bouncing his tire off the ground multiple times while spinning wildly. Tires in hand, he shook his dizziness away and walked into the dojo once again.

what about, glidetoss (tire up) then dthrow, tire hits the enemy and you get free fsmash/waft
i do this very often ^-^

Top Bottom